Video of Updated TVJunkieMoD

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Video of Updated TVJunkieMoD

Post by clarkss12 »

Been using the undated mod by TVJunkie, and had to make a video showing how it looks and performs. It has so many options, I have not tested them all. I am sure most of you, like me, have noticed his mod but never really tried it, that is why I made this video so you can see what a fantastic little mod this is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArvHS_KWC9E

TVJunkie198

Re: Video of Updated TVJunkieMoD

Post by TVJunkie198 »

hey, just saw the video. thanks for that, and I'm glad ya like the mod.

Yea there are a lot of features you haven't tried yet. One i find most useful is the smart search function. Every show you select from the guide is automatically added to smart search (considered as a show you are interested in). Then anytime you do a smart search, that show is searched for on every channel. So if you take 5 minutes once in a while and select/tune-in the shows/movies you like that are currently on, that will strengthen smart search in the future. Whenever I sit down to watch TV I always do a smart search first to return just the channels that are currently airing the titles that I've shown to like. It's pretty cool.

In the video, I noticed the current shows title on the top bar isn't as big as I expected (see screenshot: http://i.cubeupload.com/68hc4i.jpg) That's because you setup kodi with an alternate skin, which I guess doesn't have that font setting that I chose for the title. If you reverted kodis' appearance to the default skin and loaded it, you'd see the expected font size. Not a big deal.

clarkss12

Post by clarkss12 »

Thanks for that information. You have so many excellent options in your mod, I haven't even begin to try them all. I will spend some more time testing them.

Thanks for the mod..

PS, when I learn your mod more, I will make a more complete video so others can understand how your mod works.

clarkss12

Post by clarkss12 »

TVJunkie198 wrote:hey, just saw the video. thanks for that, and I'm glad ya like the mod.

Yea there are a lot of features you haven't tried yet. One i find most useful is the smart search function. Every show you select from the guide is automatically added to smart search (considered as a show you are interested in). Then anytime you do a smart search, that show is searched for on every channel. So if you take 5 minutes once in a while and select/tune-in the shows/movies you like that are currently on, that will strengthen smart search in the future. Whenever I sit down to watch TV I always do a smart search first to return just the channels that are currently airing the titles that I've shown to like. It's pretty cool.

In the video, I noticed the current shows title on the top bar isn't as big as I expected (see screenshot: http://i.cubeupload.com/68hc4i.jpg) That's because you setup kodi with an alternate skin, which I guess doesn't have that font setting that I chose for the title. If you reverted kodis' appearance to the default skin and loaded it, you'd see the expected font size. Not a big deal.
One thing I am uncertain on, is how to create the recording path.

Edit: Found out how to create the recording path, hahaha, when all else fails, read the instructions.

clarkss12

Post by clarkss12 »

Since I played more with your mod, I thought I would make another video showing some of the things it can do. This program is so powerful in what it can do, I only covered a portion of its abilities. I encourage others to give it a try.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jtzBOKZLgI