TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

njamps

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by njamps » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:43 am

Excellent Job with this add-on. Thank you so much.

I have been able to set a few recordings with success but some are not recording and I am not able to figure out why?

I been using data from Xfinity's web site with guide data, typed it exactly as in their guide, example:

Show = Big Brother and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Reoccurring, only New, HD channels
no padding
keep all

Above shows failed to record but "60 minutes" and "The Daily show with Jon Steward" with same setting worked?

Would suggest an easier way to set recordings, (like back in old VCR days LOL) ie. set 1)channel 2)time 3)days of the week. This would eliminate problems with guide data not matching exactly. It would also not need to identify movie or show, which recently caused an issue trying to record a show on PBS that was a movie but listed as a show.

Thanks again for your great efforts and contributions.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:18 pm

nhorvath wrote:is there a way to leave the addon running (so it can record) while I get back to Kodi main screen to watch a different video?
hi nhorvath,

once you exit the addon, the recording routines would no longer get called (since it's part of the add-on mod). You could setup to watch other videos within TVJunkieMOD so that it continues to monitor/record while you watch them. (To see the 'Other Videos' option within 'All Recordings', at least one non recorded (other) video needs to be stored directly in the Recorded TV Path. All remaining 'other videos' could be placed in subfolders within the Recorded TV Path, ex. Movies->Comedies, TV Shows->Seinfeld, etc. )

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:36 pm

thanks for the feedback njamps

I'll definitely look into the recording issue. It's possible that the guide data on certain channels/shows etc, is incorrect at times. And when you requested to record a new show, the EPG data available might not have indicated that it was a new show (so then it didn't record). But having a VCR style manual record option could get around that I suppose, so I'll see what I can do there. It'd be nice to have a partial title search (to select titles) vs. correctly typing them out exactly. Maybe that's something to add at some point as well. (you misspelled 'Stewart', at least in your post)

the movie/show step (that you mention) in the record request setup is there to help simplify things overall. Since movies don't have the same # of steps as shows (exs, movies are 1 time recordings, so the reoccurring field isn't needed, as well as the keep # field, etc)

njamps

Post by njamps » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:55 am

Yes only misspelled Stewart on post, so got to see all of his last shows. Thanks!

billyray

Post by billyray » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:59 am

Is there any chance this add-on will exist as stand alone software that you don't have to use Kodi for? Like the HD Homerun View app only better? Can't stand that I have to go through a few hundred SD channels to get to the HD channels even though I heart just the HD channels.

onizuka

Post by onizuka » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:45 am

Hi TVJunkie:

Couple of thoughts:

1. Judging by the feedback and the work you've done with the Add-on, I think we should ask Nick and family about adding your code back to the main Add-on and add you on as a developer. This would allow us to take advantage of the Kodi repository for auto-updating, etc..

2. If that's not an option, at the very least create a repository for the obvious benefits.

Keep up the good work!

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:47 pm

@billyray:
the add-on will only work within Kodi

@onizuka:
it's open source. if they like any of what I've added, they're welcome to use it. :)
Also, I don't host the zip files myself, and I'm not really interested in setting up a repository.
I think it's easy enough to just download, uninstall old, install new.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:49 pm

I updated the MOD. link updated on first post.

** 2015.4.8 TVJunkieMODv13**
- Fixed Record Request Scheduling
- Added Guide Bar Context Menu
- Added Movie Star Ratings (On Now & On Next)
- Added Movie Search Button (On Now, On Next, On Next < 30 mins)
- Added Request Setup Option (Prevents Duplicate Request Recordings)
- Added Record Request Title Search (via OMDBapi.com)
- Added Movie/Show Info for Recordings (via OMDBapi.com when available)
- Added Optional Clock and Movie Star Ratings on Overlay
- Added 'Play Select Random' to Playlists Options
- Redesigned Exit Handling Dialogs
- Added Watch Last Channel
- Added Guide Loading Notification
- Added Customize Option to Remove Music Channels
- Updated Known Paid Program Info
- Fixed Bugs

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:59 pm

next update I'll add a resume option for recordings.
Just curious if any other update requests out there. (no, cant add an epg grid)

nhorvath

Post by nhorvath » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:58 am

TVJunkie198 wrote:next update I'll add a resume option for recordings.
Just curious if any other update requests out there. (no, cant add an epg grid)
It's not your bug because it happens with the original app too but if you have any idea what might cause this and could fix it I would be forever grateful.

https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewt ... 65#p155239

njamps

Post by njamps » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:24 pm

I been using this MOD for 3 months and love it.

The only problem is when I try to record shows that are back to back, lets say one show scheduled to end at 9 PM and the next show (different channel) starts at 9 PM, the first show records but not the second?

Also the lack of extended guide information makes it very difficult to plan ahead and many times the information is in the guide is not always correct. So I would like to suggest a simple manual recording feature, Record start / end Time, Channel #, Day of week or Everyday.

Thanks for your wonderful work on this.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:11 pm

@njamps:
thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.
Is the back to back recording always an issue, or only when all tuners are being used? do you have 'max allowed active recordings' set to 1 in the configuration menu? In these type of cases I can see how it might be happening. I'll look into it though. I'll also look into adding manual recording.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:30 pm

I updated the MOD. link updated on first post.

** 2015.4.8 TVJunkieMODv14**
- Added TVJunkieMOD UI Layout
- Added Resume Recording Option
- Added 'Read Now/Next Info' Context Menu Options
- Removed 'Show Exit' Option Button Configure Option
- Added Rerun Indicator "(R)" on UI (when known)
- Fixed bugs

TVJunkieMOD UI is set as default (can be reverted to side bar UI)
new UI screenshot:
http://i.cubeupload.com/68hc4i.jpg

njamps

Post by njamps » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:50 pm

TVJunkie198 wrote:@njamps:
thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.
Is the back to back recording always an issue, or only when all tuners are being used? do you have 'max allowed active recordings' set to 1 in the configuration menu? In these type of cases I can see how it might be happening. I'll look into it though. I'll also look into adding manual recording.

Hi,

Not sure about it always being the issue but I continue to have problems getting the late show with seth meyers to record after the the Late Show with Steven Cobert.

Just checked my settings:
Max allowed was set to 6 (I have no idea why) reset to (3)

also
Manual Record extra time was set to 2 min.

Thanks for your help. BTW do I need to do anything special with Kodi to install your new MOD? Do I need to remove the original first etc?

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:25 pm

njamps wrote:do I need to do anything special with Kodi to install your new MOD? Do I need to remove the original first etc?
I usually uninstall before reinstalling. Uninstalling won't remove configure settings, or any favorites/smart search data etc.

max recordings field is default at 6 (if user has multiple boxes), having set > than available tuners is fine.
are you using all 3 tuners when recording the late show w/Stephen Colbert? (ex, watching tv + recording late show w/Stephen Colbert + using 3rd tuner (watching/recording))?