TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

Post Reply
z06gal
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu May 21, 2015 12:40 pm

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by z06gal »

I don't know how I have missed this thread but wow am I glad I ran across it. It took a while for me to get through the scanning but it is working beautifully so far. Many thanks to the developer on a very nice addon :D

TVJunkie198
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by TVJunkie198 »

thanks z06gal,
I appreciate the feedback

TVJunkie198
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by TVJunkie198 »

I updated the MOD. link updated on first post

** 2015.4.8 TVJunkieMODv12**
- added 'Confirm Exit on Error' configure option
- added 'Stop Live TV Idle Timeout' configure option
- added 'Hide After Recording Playback Delete Option' configure option
- added Live Sports Duration Handling (MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL)
- scan bug fix

- Confirm Exit on Error
When enabled, a prompt provides user the option to remain in the add-on if a startup error occurs.
If error occurred and user remains, the only feature usable is the Recording Menu, to watch Recording, and Other Videos.

- Stop Live TV Idle Timeout
Provides the ability to free up a tuner (by auto-stopping Live TV) when no input from a user for set # of hours.
(0 hours=disabled)

- Hide After Recording Playback Delete Option
When disabled, a prompt will display after fully watching Recorded Videos.
Prompt: Delete this Recording?
If no user input, prompt times out after 30 seconds, closes, and Live TV will resume.

Live Sports Duration Handling
This feature provides auto-duration handling for supported live sporting events. (MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL). If supported event is detected: TVJunkieMOD will extend the expected duration + 2 hours, and will periodically monitor the status of the event using an external source (free LiveScore feeds). Upon detecting the event has ended, the recording will be stopped. This feature ensures that you'll record the full game. For Live Sports Duration Handling to work: supported show titles must be one of the following: "MLB Baseball", "NBA Basketball", "NHL Hockey", or "NFL Football". (If you know of additional titles for these events, please let me know.) Also, the original airdate info must exist and must be the current date. Also, at least one of the two teams must be mentioned within the show's synopsis/description info. (ex. Yankees). If manually recording a supported live sporting event, the recording prompt will include "(Live Sporting Event Detected)" to help acknowledge duration handling will apply.

AnthonyBecky
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by AnthonyBecky »

TV junkie got a question for you as you seem pretty adept with kodi. My kids tv's they eventually stop live tv viewing and go back to channel listing usually after quite a few hours. is there a way to either schedule a "wake timer" to tune back to the channel it was on or to eliminate the stop in live tv? currently using the wmc pvr for the viewing but basically i want to have it back on disney junior by the time the kids are waking up so i can set a wake timer on their tv's around the time they get up

jkirk62
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 10:46 am

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by jkirk62 »

You can set ServerWMC to continuously stream Live TV indefinitely using "Set the maximum run time of a Live TV stream" to 0.

Image

TVJunkie198
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by TVJunkie198 »

Hi AnthonyBecky,

Sorry, I'm actually not very familiar with Kodi (and all the add-ons).
I just started using it when the original add-on was released.

If anyone can further help Anthony, please discuss via PMs.
To help keep this thread discussion MOD related.

thanks

AnthonyBecky
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by AnthonyBecky »

jkirk62 wrote:You can set ServerWMC to continuously stream Live TV indefinitely using "Set the maximum run time of a Live TV stream" to 0.

Image

I have ServerWMC set up this way yet it still times out say aver 8 or so hours i usually have to turn it on in the morning and sometimes in the evening

jkirk62
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 10:46 am

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by jkirk62 »

AnthonyBecky wrote:I have ServerWMC set up this way yet it still times out say aver 8 or so hours i usually have to turn it on in the morning and sometimes in the evening
It could be that you are running out of disk space where the temp WTV is written. Check the location of your Recorded TV folder to make sure you have enough available space. 8 hrs of 1080i MPEG2 should be around 50Gb in size required. Maybe your server is choking on writing to files that large? I'm speculating.....

Also - if you have a newer HDHomeRun capable of DLNA be sure that is checked for Kodi in ServerWMC (or add <UseDLNAChannels_Kodi>true</UseDLNAChannels_Kodi> to your settings file) and it should forgo any temp recordings.

signcarver
Expert
Posts: 9009
Joined: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:04 am
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by signcarver »

TVJunkie198 wrote: If anyone can further help Anthony, please discuss via PMs.
To help keep this thread discussion MOD related.

thanks
I will second keeping the server wmc stuff out of this thread use pm or open another

AnthonyBecky
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:14 pm

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by AnthonyBecky »

jkirk62 wrote:
AnthonyBecky wrote:I have ServerWMC set up this way yet it still times out say aver 8 or so hours i usually have to turn it on in the morning and sometimes in the evening
It could be that you are running out of disk space where the temp WTV is written. Check the location of your Recorded TV folder to make sure you have enough available space. 8 hrs of 1080i MPEG2 should be around 50Gb in size required. Maybe your server is choking on writing to files that large? I'm speculating.....

Also - if you have a newer HDHomeRun capable of DLNA be sure that is checked for Kodi in ServerWMC (or add <UseDLNAChannels_Kodi>true</UseDLNAChannels_Kodi> to your settings file) and it should forgo any temp recordings.
That is impossible i have 500 GB set for purely recording buffer once a recording is finished it is moved automatically. Good thought though as i didnt mention how my system operates. this issue has gone on for a very long time seems no matter what i do it doesnt work. i even set the 0 to a super high number once had to scale it back because it was out of parameters and kept crashing serverwmc at any rate it didnt prove to be the cause. doesnt seem serverwmc is the culprit but the kodi side is to blame

catbert77
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:59 am

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by catbert77 »

TVJunkie198 wrote:I updated the MOD. link updated on first post

** 2015.4.8 TVJunkieMODv12**
- added 'Confirm Exit on Error' configure option
- added 'Stop Live TV Idle Timeout' configure option
- added 'Hide After Recording Playback Delete Option' configure option
- added Live Sports Duration Handling (MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL)
- scan bug fix
You rock. Is there anything you can't do?

Feature request: add function to have HDHomerun mop the floors after taking the dog for a walk.

Kaptain
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by Kaptain »

Im having the same problem bbgarnett was having with scanning channels. Was there a resolution? The conversation ended in a PM. Im having the same issue. Scanning channels gets stuck on the music channels. DRM is disabled.
Thanks

TVJunkie198
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:57 pm

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by TVJunkie198 »

Hi,
Originally, the it saved the results at the end of a scan, but since bbgarnett couldn't get through the complete scan in one run, each retry started the scan all over.  So it was updated to save the scan data after each channel, so if a scan failed to complete, it can be restarted and the scan can resume from where it left off.  this helped bbgarnett get through the scan.  Have you tried running it again to resume the scan?

Kaptain
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:40 pm

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by Kaptain »

TVJunkie198 wrote:Hi,
Originally, the it saved the results at the end of a scan, but since bbgarnett couldn't get through the complete scan in one run, each retry started the scan all over.  So it was updated to save the scan data after each channel, so if a scan failed to complete, it can be restarted and the scan can resume from where it left off.  this helped bbgarnett get through the scan.  Have you tried running it again to resume the scan?
It worked, it only took about 20 tries. The last 20 or so music channels were a pain. Only way I could get by it was to start the program, let it scan one channel then force a restart; repeat process.
Thanks for the info

nhorvath
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:42 am

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by nhorvath »

First I want to say this is a great mod of the original! Favorites are a must-have and the recording feature is nice.

Just one question... is there a way to leave the addon running (so it can record) while I get back to Kodi main screen to watch a different video?

Post Reply