TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

TVJunkie198

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by TVJunkie198 »

bbgarnett wrote:hello, I just found out about your mod and so I got it set up and added my recorded TV path and now it asks to do a channel scan and so I let it but it always seems to get stuck around 54-55% which is the Music Channels and it can never get passed them and this last time it completely froze my raspberry pi 2 so any ideas on what to do.

Thanks,
Hi,
the scan tunes each channel to get its resolution. Do the music channels normally display anything (song info, photos etc)? Are you sure it freezes on a music channel? Do you have 'Show DRM channels' enabled in the configure options menu? (tuning to DRM channels will cause the freeze since DRM channels will not tune in Kodi and the scan will just sit at those channels, never getting the resolution). Non DRM channels should tune/scan like normal and may display briefly (switches to next channel when it detects the video resolution).

That said, make sure 'Show DRM Channels' is disabled in configure options menu.
(and next update I'll add a check to only allow scan when 'Show DRM channels' is disabled.)
If that's not enabled and isn't the issue, let me know

bbgarnett

Post by bbgarnett »

Hey,

Thanks for the reply and well I am up to 63% now and yes those channels show artist information/what song is playing and a photo of the artist or album art and all SD quality. I am getting it to go farther I just have to randomly hit the channel up or down buttons or sometimes it will kick it to the guide and I have to hit enter for a channel. I'll have to check later on the show DRM channels if it's enabled but either way it's working right now just I have to prompt it to keep it going.

edit: well I got is passed the music channels and seems to back to scanning like you described.

Well hold that thought got to like 78% and now just says error fail to play channel maybe all tuners are in use (which there not) and basically stopped the channel scan it seems.

Also show DRM channels is not enabled

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 »

k, thanks though for pointing out any issues.
Another possibility I didn't consider, is if the provided guide data includes channel(s) that the user just doesn't receive (wrong guide data). So I may need to add a timeout per channel scan if it takes too long on certain channels. Do you know if you have channels listed in the guide bar that you know don't come in? (that would be the issue noted above)

By forcing the channel change yourself, I'm really not sure if it's going to identify channel resolution properly (from that channel on). The scan data would probably not be accurate if you change channels during the scan. Also, any un-scanned channels will be detected upon re-launching the add-on MOD, and will again attempt to scan those channels. If still scanning, I'd exit/close Kodi and check that DRM option first. Make sure it's disabled, then try to allow it to scan w/o changing the channels during the scan.

edit: saw your edit lol.. for now, determine if you have any channels in the guide that don't tune. (could use original add-on) and for now, it may take multiple tries to fully scan all channels without it complaining. close kodi and rescan without manually changing the channel during scan. I'll add some fixes to this in next update.

bbgarnett

Post by bbgarnett »

hey,

I don't know of any channels off of the top of my head that show up in the channel guide that don't come in as it seems like everything it was scanning were channels I get. for now I'll just let it scan for a few hours and see if it actually goes anywhere but I just looked right now and it was on 48% and I just checked again and it's sitting at guide or I can close the guide and then it's just a blank screen but I'll let it go and see if it progresses but doesn't seem like it's doing anything and that's what it was doing before and then would start working again if I pressed channel up or down or something.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 »

I updated the MOD. link updated on first post

** 2015.4.8 TVJunkieMODv9**
- channel scan bug fixes

bbgarnett

Post by bbgarnett »

thanks,

will give the updated mod a try. Also on another note after about 5-10 minutes, sometimes longer I get audio desync issues so the audio becomes desynced from the video and not sure what is causing it or how to fix it. Now this also happens with the official Kodi addon as well so it's not like it's a problem with your addon but maybe you know how to fix that or prevent that from happening I also get audio glitches everyonce in a while too so the audio stops for like a millisecond and sometimes the screen freezes for that time as well . the only thing of note is that I am using a cheap low class (assuming low class)no name brand 1 GB Micro SD card bought from eBay years ago, there isn't even a class rating on the card just says 1 GB Micro SD and nothing else and so I purchased a 16 GB Transcend Class 10 card but not sure if my current card is the cause of my audio issues.

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-MicroSD ... 4JN8HQZD82

Thanks, again for all your hard work

EDIT; Well I tried the updated mod and same thing get's to the music channels and just stops and want's to play the channel and stops the channel scan

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 »

k, I sent you a PM (check new messages)

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 »

** 2015.4.8 TVJunkieMODv10**
- removed debug/test not removed in v9
- improved hide paid programs

brewmaster808

Post by brewmaster808 »

I just tried it and like it very much!! I have two wishes that be great. 1. That a full screen epg such as titan TV guide could be added in to allow future recording. 2. Would be to add to run in background by services or something similar. Keep up the fantastic work.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 »

brewmaster808 wrote:I just tried it and like it very much!! I have two wishes that be great. 1. That a full screen epg such as titan TV guide could be added in to allow future recording. 2. Would be to add to run in background by services or something similar. Keep up the fantastic work.
thanks,
the addon can only use the EPG data available (current & next shows). You can still setup future recordings using record requests, and if/when the request is met, it'll record (if at record time: the add-on is running and an additional tuner is available). Also, I think running in the background is beyond the intent of the addon/mod. You could stop the live tv tuner and keep it running (maybe on a spare device), allowing all tuners to record if needed.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 »

** 2015.4.8 TVJunkieMODv11**
- additional scan channel bug fixes
- added episode title to current show info on guide bars (when available)

richardromer

Post by richardromer »

Can this version co-exist with the original HdHomerun Add-on?

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 »

richardromer wrote:Can this version co-exist with the original HdHomerun Add-on?
yes, separately listed in video add-ons

catbert77

Post by catbert77 »

Your mod is great. SD should hire you on staff :)

Since I cannot find any bugs with the mod, are you accepting feature requests? I can think of only two:

Idle timeout: When the current video has been playing for X hours without user input, quit the application. This frees up a tuner for other purposes, and it's silly to tax the tuner box just because someone was watching LiveTV and forgot to exit.

End-of-recording prompt: This may be more the responsibility of Kodi, but I would appreciate having a prompt after you watch a recorded (DVR) program; specifically a "delete recording" prompt.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 »

thanks catbert,

Good suggestions,
I'll add those feature requests (w/customize options) to the next update.