TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

bds3151

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by bds3151 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:04 pm

I'm using 16.1. I have played around with the buffer and timeshifting settings with some improvement found in reducing the buffer setting. The video plays well for a few seconds and then becomes erratic. Thanks for your help and will be looking forward to the version that works with FAT32. Seems very shortsighted for Amazon to produce Fire TV with support for FAT32 only.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:14 pm

no better when you increase it (max/20)? lowering it would increase the stuttering/pixelation. have you change the record buffer size (last config option) from 32?

my guess regarding fat32, Amazon would rather you buy/rent media from them, than have a ton available to you on storage. (fire tv has 4GB file size & 128GB storage size limit)

bds3151

Post by bds3151 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:45 pm

Interesting that it gets a little better when I lower the recording buffer from 32 to ~14. I tried raising the others to no effect.

bds3151

Post by bds3151 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:02 pm

Re: Amazon limiting local storage of content. That's a failed attempt isn't it? It has a ethernet connection and that allows connection to a local NAS and an almost unlimited amount of streaming content from other sources via the Internet.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:42 am

I updated the MOD.

** 2015.11.9 TVJunkieMODv25**
- Added Configure Setting: Timeshift GB Limit
- Fixed bugs

v25 download link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ca68x6vwuzqhl ... 5.zip?dl=1

'Timeshift GB Limit' settings: 0-8 (0 = default)
0 = No GB Limit. Timeshift complete title duration.
1-8 = # of GBs per timeshift file

If FAT32 storage, set 'Timeshift GB Limit' 1-4 (4GB max file size)

Timeshifting records to two files. If 'Timeshift GB Limit' is set to 0, the file sizes depend on the resolution and duration of the titles. Use this setting if storage not an issue for all titles (ex, 30 min shows, movies, football games, etc). Otherwise, set a GB limit 1-8GBs allowed for each of the two timeshift files (you'll need that much free space available for both files, ex limit = 2 requires 4GBs).

note/caution: If recording timeshift files to flash memory (usb flash drives, micro sd cards), know that these type of storage devices have a limited # of writes/write cycles, and doing so, will reduce its usable life. If non-flash memory not possible, I'd recommend using a 'high-endurance' MLC type 64GB micro-sd card (Lexar, Transcend, or SanDisk). I'd also recommend only/mainly using it for timeshifting (the more free storage available, the longer the life expectancy of the card (wear-leveling)).

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:41 pm

If using a Fire TV box and wanting to timeshift to attached external storage (usb stick or microsd card):

note: Fire TVs external storage format is FAT32 only (4GB max files & 128GB max external storage).
In configurations, enable timeshifting. set 'Timeshift GB Limit' between 1 and 4 (will need 2-8 GBs free storage on external storage)

set timeshift path *important*: Amazon restricts write permissions on external storage to folders associated w/the running app (so files wont be created if path is set to anything other than within the kodi folder on the external storage). this path depends on the type of storage and fire box:
- Fire TV 1 USB Drive: /storage/usbdisk/Android/data/[kodi folder]
- Fire TV 2 USB Drive: /storage/usbotg/Android/data/[kodi folder]
- Fire TV 2 MicroSD Card: /storage/sdcard1/Android/data/[kodi folder]

kellyoconnor

Post by kellyoconnor » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:43 pm

Just tried this and I really like the way it works! Still figuring out KODI and am currently using V 17. tvjunkie198, you PM'd me a few weeks back and I still can't reply to them. As soon as I can, I'll reply with to all the questions you asked. Just getting started with a decent OTA system and have learned a LOT in the past few weeks.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:27 pm

I updated the MOD
(note: I still can't update the first page/post of this thread since there's still a bug in SiliconDust's forum.. )

TVJunkieMOD v26:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x7svvp24ny0pl ... 6.zip?dl=1

** 2015.11.9 TVJunkieMODv26**
- Added Info for Other Videos (via OMDB)
- Added Resume support for Other Videos
- Added Cover Photos for Recordings and Other Videos (via OMDB)
- Added Configure Setting: Display Cover Photos (when available)
- Added Configure Setting: Cover Photo Size
- Reduced 'All Recordings' re-load time
- Config Update: 'Quit Kodi if Live TV Paused' quits if Live TV paused for 30 seconds
- Config Update: 'Quit Kodi if Live TV Paused' quits if Timeshift TV paused for 3 hours
- Added 'TVJunkieMOD' backdrop (when video player is stopped)
- Fixed bugs

regarding, Info for Other Videos:
If you have other video files (not recorded from TVJunkieMOD) in the record path (seen in All Recordings -> Other Videos)
If the filenames of those other videos match movie titles (excluding the file extension), it will attempt to auto-load info & cover photo from an outside source (OMDB)
Examples: "The Martian.mp4", "Gladiator.mpg" etc..

regarding, Configure Setting: Cover Photo Size:
I noticed that the standard dialog box width varies depending on the version of Kodi.
If the dialog box width is too large and is covering a portion of the cover photo, try reducing this value to 1.

bhasse

Post by bhasse » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:23 am

Hello I am new to this mod and am just getting my feet wet with it so I still have lots to learn with it. For starters, How do I go back to the Kodi home screen while recording a show? If I try to exit the add on it says that my recording will stop.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:58 pm

@bhasse

Hi, it's setup that way because the addon would lose control of the record threads if the addon is exited, or atleast if Kodi is restarted (would no longer know its recording, be able to stop or play active recordings, etc). And since I can't warn the user of that if they are exiting Kodi, I felt it was best to set it up this way.

bhasse

Post by bhasse » Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:47 am

OK, thank you that makes sense.

s177oke77

Post by s177oke77 » Wed May 10, 2017 9:24 am

Thanks for all your hard work. Plugin works great! I have a couple of questions regarding the channel surfing. It looks like in one of your updates you changed it so that pressing down on the directional keys would decrease channel numbers but it does the opposite for me. Same goes for the up directional key, it decreases the channel numbers. Anyway to reverse this? Or better yet is there anyway to get page up and page down to control the channel surfing changes? I am using a AFTV with Logitech Hub and would like to get the "traditional" channel surfing working for the wife. Thanks.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:55 pm

@s177oke77
thanks & good to hear

So that channel up/down issue is kinda strange. Are you holding the remote upside down? :)
the addon is setup so that the up button surfs up the channels, ex, 2 -> 3 -> 4, and the down button down 4 -> 3 -> 2

Do you see that issue when using the AFTV remote as well? (i've used this on both AFTV boxes and sticks and haven't seen this issue..)
Did you modify kodi's keymap keyboard xml values? Maybe in doing so, you altered the up/down functions? You should take a look at how that xml file is setup. In the addon, I haven't added controls for keys outside of those on a basic remote like the AFTV remote (page up/down has no specific function). But if you are modifying that keyboard file, you could look into switching the controls around so that page up/down function as up/down within Kodi if that's what you'd like.

keyboard file directory: kodi/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml
find these controls in the file
<up>Up</up>
<down>Down</down>
<pageup>PageUp</pageup>
<pagedown>PageDown</pagedown>

and set them as you might like:
<up>PageUp</up>
<down>PageDown</down>
<pageup>Up</pageup>
<pagedown>Down</pagedown>

s177oke77

Post by s177oke77 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:04 pm

THANK YOU for your reply. I didn't actually think that you would being that the last post was in January. I did try all this at 3 AM so maybe I messed something up. I will try it again when I get home tonight. Since you seem KODI savvy, do you know of a way to map keys just for when your plugin is open? Is that even possible? So that I can switch the page up/down to do that only while this plugin is open.

s177oke77

Post by s177oke77 » Wed May 10, 2017 8:31 pm

I was finally able to test it again. The Logitech remote didn't work correctly (down = chan +). I tried it multiples times. Then I decided to try the original AFTV remote. That worked just as you described. Then I tried the Logitech remote again. And then..... All was fine!!!! I swear! It must be some kind of glitch, I have no idea. But thank you!!!