TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

Neogeo71

Re: TVJunkieMOD (+Favorites +Channel Up/Down)

Post by Neogeo71 »

Your Awesome! Cant wait to try it this evening. Thanks again!

TVJunkie198

Re: TVJunkieMOD (+Favorites +SmartSearch +Channel Up/Down)

Post by TVJunkie198 »

I updated the MOD. links updated on first post.

** 2015.4.8 TVJunkieMODv2 and TVJunkieMODBv2**
- added smart search

*added a smart search function to provide a quick way to search for shows/movies you've already watched

Each time you select a channel to watch from a guide, the show/movie title now playing is added to smart search.
Before doing a smart search, first select a channel/title you want to watch from the guide.

*To show the smart search guide: press context menu button when options bar is visible
Note: If no smart search retained titles are currently playing, the smart search guide will not display

*To remove a title from smart search: display smart search guide, highlight the title to remove, press context menu

*Added smart search configuration options:
- Usage [default on]: turns smart search function & data storing on/off
- Top [x] Selected Shows on Now [default 10]: option limits search to the top [x] most selected shows that are currently on now.
- Min # Selected Shows [default 1]: The minimum times a title must be selected on a guide prior to being added to smart search.

eddyk
Silicondust

Post by eddyk »

TVJunkie198 wrote:I updated the MOD. links updated on first post.

** 2015.4.8 TVJunkieMODv2 and TVJunkieMODBv2**
- added smart search

*added a smart search function to provide a quick way to search for shows/movies you've already watched

Each time you select a channel to watch from a guide, the show/movie title now playing is added to smart search.
Before doing a smart search, first select a channel/title you want to watch from the guide.

*To show the smart search guide: press context menu button when options bar is visible
Note: If no smart search retained titles are currently playing, the smart search guide will not display

*To remove a title from smart search: display smart search guide, highlight the title to remove, press context menu

*Added smart search configuration options:
- Usage [default on]: turns smart search function & data storing on/off
- Top [x] Selected Shows on Now [default 10]: option limits search to the top [x] most selected shows that are currently on now.
- Min # Selected Shows [default 1]: The minimum times a title must be selected on a guide prior to being added to smart search.
Nice!!! Impressive!

Neogeo71

Post by Neogeo71 »

I tried latest ModB add-on and could not get the guide. favorites to show up and channel changing did not work. any idea? the previous version still works...

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 »

thanks eddy :)

Neo - not sure what's going on there.
favorites and channel up/down didn't work?
maybe you mistakenly launched the original add-on thinking it was the mod?

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 »

I updated the MOD. links updated on first post.

** 2015.4.8 TVJunkieMODv3 and TVJunkieMODBv3**
- added config options:

1 - Hide Paid Programs on Now [default off]
(When on, excludes 'Paid Program' titles from the guides)

2 - Only Surf Last Viewed Guide Channels [default on]
When on, this lets you surf up/down the channels listed in the last displayed guide bar (whether it was the full lineup, favorites, smart search, or search).
When off, surf up/down will always move through the full lineup.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 »

I updated the MOD. links updated on first post

** 2015.4.8 TVJunkieMODv4 and TVJunkieMODBv4**
- fixed selected channel offset (on guide) when paid programs are hidden

martyzzz

Re: TVJunkieMOD (+Favorites +SmartSearch +Chan Up/Down)

Post by martyzzz »

Hey TVJunkie,

I just registered on this forum and i cant send you a pm yet i guess.
You have sended me below msge;
Hey, yea that's an interesting problem. Have you gone into the addon's customization page to enable extra features for touch screens? That may already offer the means of exiting. (i havent looked i just noticed the options there). To get to the customization page you would highlight/select the addon and press the context/menu button (C on keyboard or long press on touchscreen). If enabling that option doesnt help you let me know. SD may include an exit button at some point for when that option is checked but I imagine they're pretty busy focusing on the kick starter DVR project.
I post and update my own modified version of the add-on in the community development thread here: https://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewt ... 88&t=19162
If you still cant find a means of exiting with that touch customization option enabled, let me know. I can look into adding an exit button myself on the options bar in my modified version (TVJunkieMOD). There are two mod versions, TVJunkieMOD and TVJunkieMOD B. B may work better for touchscreen since the other has a guide display bug at the moment when certain options are set.
Once the kick starter is over I'll be posting a BIG update to the mod. Hopefully also merge the two mods as well as try getting your exit button in if needed. again, let me know if that existing customization option helps.
I have checked option "Enable enhancements for touch devices" but it doesnt give me an exit option on either device.
I cant exit the app on any way on multiple devices.

I hope you or HDHomerun can addept the addon to give users an easy option to exit live tv and return to the home screen of XBMC/KODI.
The exit button would be a life saver because im planning to make two more Raspberry Pi2's for both the kids rooms with only a XBMC remote connected so they can only watch live TV and movies from the NAS.

Rgds,
Martijn

TVJunkie198

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by TVJunkie198 »

BIG update posted. link and info updated on first post.

MarcR

Post by MarcR »

Thanks for the PM to try. Works great on the tuner with h.264 encoding.
First try to update the guide/channel data kept freezing up. I updated the firmware on the tuner and that fixed the problem.

I am having a steep learning curve knowing how to keep recording an item if I exit the mod but I'm still learning the interface so I will not comment on issues I'm having until I know all the available commands.

Super thanks for telling me about it TVJunkie!

Marc

breezytm

Post by breezytm »

How do you record to a network path? I am having issue finding a way to do so?

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 »

breezytm wrote:How do you record to a network path? I am having issue finding a way to do so?
Hi,
I tried explaining how to in the first post:
'To set as a network path, first create a path in Kodi->Videos->Files->Add Videos (then setup Recorded TV Path)'

if a walkthrough is needed:
Kodi->Videos->Files->Add Videos
Once you click "Add Videos" click "Browse"
From there you can find the network location.
Once you reach the network path you want, Click "OK"
Returns you to a "Add Video Source" window.
There you can optionally change the reference name of the source path
Click "OK"
Now there's a Kodi path reference/shortcut to the path you selected (w/that reference name you gave it).
You can then back out of there, go to Video->Add-on's, go into the configure options menu of the MOD addon, and update the Record TV Path to that new Kodi path reference/shortcut you created.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 »

I updated the MOD. link updated on first post

** 2015.4.8 TVJunkieMODv7**

- Groups of 2 or more in current 'Other Videos' path, will include 'All Vidoes' at the top of their video lists.
'All Videos' provides multiple playlist options:
[Play All (A->Z), Play All (Z->A), Play All Randomly, Play Random, Delete All]
When playing a group playlist, Up/Down controls switch to the next or previous video in the playlist.

- 'Other Videos' can be stored in subfolders within the Recorded TV Path.

- Optionally create a .info file for 'Other Videos'. (must have exact filename, ex. Video1.mp4 & Video1.info)
(.info file is a text file w/.info extension. .info files are not auto generated; one would need to manually create these files. If a .info file exists for its matching 'Other Video' file, an 'Info' option will be included for that file within 'Other Videos' menu.

Added Configure menu options:
Hide Other Videos Delete Options
Prevents end users from accessing 'Other Videos' Delete/Delete All options
Quit Kodi on Exit
When enabled, Kodi will quit/close upon exiting TVJunkieMOD.
(use example: if sole purpose of Kodi is to run TVJunkieMOD, you can enable the option, AND add an autoexec.py file to Kodi's /userdata path to auto start TVJunkieMOD when launching Kodi. (autoexec.py download link: https://goo.gl/lV3ALo). Note: if the autoexec.py is added to /userdata path and you need to access the MOD configure menu, you'd need to either: 1) temporarily remove the autoexec.py from the /userdata path, so it doesn't auto start TVJunkieMOD. or 2) also enable 'Show exit button on Options Menu' and exit that way (which only exits the add-on)
Last edited by TVJunkie198 on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 »

I updated the MOD. link updated on first post

** 2015.4.8 TVJunkieMODv8**

- Added Jump & Seek Video buttons to video playback options bar
jump: forward or backwards .5, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,10,15,20,30 minute options
seek: to a specific minute mark in the currently playing video
- video control options bar displays first when playing a video file

bbgarnett

Post by bbgarnett »

hello, I just found out about your mod and so I got it set up and added my recorded TV path and now it asks to do a channel scan and so I let it but it always seems to get stuck around 54-55% which is the Music Channels and it can never get passed them and this last time it completely froze my raspberry pi 2 so any ideas on what to do.

Thanks,