TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by signcarver » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:15 pm

Aaron wrote:I just installed this add-on for the first time ever. When I run it (have not changed any of the settings under Config) I get an error (I also get this error with the stock add-on)...

ERROR "No channels found on any device"

My HDHR works perfectly well from my Windows PC using the stock View app.

How to fix?

thnks!
what device? as you need a modern tuner (one that supports http streaming and keeps its channel lineup on the device... basically 4th gen or prime).

From Requirements page:
Compatible HDHomeRun device:
HDHR3-CC (copy-freely channels only)
HDHR4-2US
HDTC-2US
HDHR4-2DT (coming soon)
Again, download and install the latest beta SW & FW.
If you have that, make sure you run a channel scan on the device.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:07 am

I have HDHR3-US ... any way to get this to work, maybe make it act like an HDHR3-CC?

thx!

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:41 am

no, not with the hdhr3-us, you would need to update equipment for the add-on and mod of that add-on to work. The old device does not have enough "power" to support the new modern method of tuning.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:22 pm

@rykr: 11-9-15 was the last time I merged changes from the official add-on. The latest version of the mod is version 23 (which has been independent of that 11-9-15 merge date) version 23 was posted on 5-23-16.

I'm not sure if there are pending changes for a version 24 right now, id have to look.

Any update suggestions out there?

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:27 pm

@Aaron - like signcarver said, the add-ons only work with those newer devices

tjInBristol

Post by tjInBristol » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:08 am

Thank you for the mod very much an improvement, would you consider the following change a future build;

When you have the guide open and click on a show that is on the screen put up a dialog box that has some choices like Record just this
Record all
Record new
Don't record
it would be good the have this dialog box come up when clicking on a show in the upcoming schedule,

when setting up the path please add smb or network storage and the other standard kodi location boxes,

Thank you for you consideration , Tj

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:09 am

@tjInBristol

Thanks for the suggestions.

The Recorded TV Path can be a network/smb path. first create a smb path in Kodi->Videos->Files->Add Videos, then setup the Recorded TV Path. (mentioned in 1st post)

jrcorwin

Post by jrcorwin » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:16 am

Yes, my only problems so far are not being able to set recordings from the guide and when I back out while watching live TV, I just want it to exit to my Kodi main menu...not bring up another menu where I have to tell it to close the add-on.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:42 am

@jrcorwin

There's two record options from the guide. When the guide is open, press context menu button to see record options. You can "record now (Now title)", or "Add Record Request (LookAhead title)".

aujbman

Post by aujbman » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Okay. I have a digital amplified antenna going to the HDHR Connect. That is hardwired to my modem which is hard wired to my Nvidia Shield TV box.

(Still playing with the location of the antenna to get all available channels but that is not the problem for this post. )

Downloaded this fork for Kodi on the Nvidia Shield. Configured the Recorded TV location to point to a folder on my 5tb Seagate Usb connected drive. I've tried to record a few programs a few different ways.
Ex.
I am on one channel.
Bring up the guide and highlight a different channel.
Bring up the context menu and select record this now.
Get the popup that says "Record this title? (requires available tuner)"
Select yes.
Wait a minute or two to get some time recorded.

Now I bring up the context menu, the sidebar on the right. Select the recording menu icon, the one under the record button.

"Now Recording (0)"

What am I doing wrong here?

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:40 pm

@aujbman
Does the channel (that you're trying to record from) tune properly and play live TV? Might there be permission settings on the folder that you're trying to record to, which doesn't include write permissions? How is the drive formatted? Is it added to the shield as external storage or setup as added internal storage? Did any files get created in that folder after attempted to record? Have you tried a different path directly on internal storage, like the 'download' folder, 'movies', or create a new folder on internal?

aujbman

Post by aujbman » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:10 pm

@TVJunkie

Channel tunes in fine. I have tried both recording one that was not tuned and recording it while it is tuned. Still nothing. Drive is formatted like any would be for an external drive. (Fat32 I think?? Whatever the norm is.) It is being used as an external hard drive. No files are present when I navigate to that folder in ES File Explorer. I only have the 16gb Nvidia Shield so I am a little reluctant to choose a folder on the internal storage. I suppose I could just to try a small bit of video... But should still work.

Is there any other subscription, addon, or anything that turns on the possibility of recording that I don't know about? It seems that it is trying to work, but just isn't.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:32 pm

No there wouldn't be extras needed to record. I don't have a shield, or connect to test with myself though.

Since I haven't used a connect, I'm not even certain its firmware supports http stream downloading. (SD would know). But to test this, you can try saving a short stream. In a web browser (using a computer, phone, or tablet on network) you'd need to enter the address:
http://<connect's local ip addr>:5004/auto/v<channel#>?duration=<#seconds>

An example link:
http://192.168.1.5:5004/auto/v3.1?duration=10
(where its ip is 192.168.1.5
channel 3.1
10 seconds)

First see if that works. The browser might load the file and play it back, or might ask to save the file.

If that worked, try recording to internal storage folder like mentioned, see if it shows 'now recording (1)'. If it does, you can select/view it, and stop the recording within that guide's context menu if storage space is a concern (at that point you'd know that it recorded), and you can delete it afterwards.

aujbman

Post by aujbman » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:39 pm

That worked! Now I have to see if it will record to the internal storage. But while I am working on that, is there anyone here that is using this with an antenna to pick up local channels? I probably need to start a new thread which is fine. Just trying to see if there was anyone out there that I could talk to about the issues I am having.

Will update with what I find out now about recording to internal storage vs. external.

UPDATE: Yes. The internal worked. I thought I had seen earlier in this thread that it would record to an external drive. But for me, this is not working. It will say it is recording, but it doesn't. Nothing is recorded on the drive and when you try to bring up the menu of your recordings when the recording is stopped, nothing comes up. It worked perfectly on the internal storage however.

I really wish I could get it working on the external without having to format it to internal storage. I tried doing that once with an external hard drive and I just don't think the adaptive storage thing is ready for use like that. Couldn't really get it to work right.

elabra
Device ID: Device ID's: 101AD44A, 10430908, 104656E0, 104DE046, 131D89CA, 131F796F, 1045F491

Post by elabra » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:21 pm

How do you get this HDHOMERUNMOD to test?