TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

squirrellydw

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by squirrellydw » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:03 am

Thought I would post this here to see if you could help. I have this setup on my Fire TV the new 4K one.

1. When changing channels sometimes I lose audio. Doesn't always happen but enough that its annoying.
If I press the pause button twice it fixes it. Any idea how I can fix it?

2. Watching anything that moves fast, like hockey the picture looks blurry, even text tickers at the bottom of some shows looks blurry.

Any idea what I can try to fix this, happens to my friends also.

Setting below are default from your add-on

Deinterlace Video - Auto
Deinterlace method - Auto select
Video scaling method - Bilnear
View mode - Normal
Zoom amount - 1.00
Vertical shift - 0.00
Pixel ratio - 1.00
post processing - off

Verizon Local TV
Verizon 25/25 internet
Everything is CAT 6
Cable goes straight into the HDHR Prime, no splitters
Amazon Fire TVs hard wired

Any idea? I also pay for NHL.TV and use a Kodi add-on to watch it and the games looks perfect, so I think it has to be something with the SD add-on.

brewmaster808

Post by brewmaster808 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Having same problem, wonder if not related to the official silicondust, have problem with both. I am using raspberry pi with kodi for further information using osmc.

brewmaster808

Post by brewmaster808 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:32 pm

I not sure if I configured right or not. I am using raspberry pi and saving recordings to nas hard drive. Problem is that only like 1-2 minutes record to nas then stops. Any request timed recordings not working. Guide or direction would be greatly appreciated.

brewmaster808

How to record in kodi and go back to kodi menu

Post by brewmaster808 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:18 pm

I wondering is there some way when selecting tv show to be recorded and leaving app that the show will be recorded. It seems like after run addon that it will not record when leaving addon. Wish is could run in back ground in kodi.

jamesflames

Post by jamesflames » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:08 am

squirrellydw wrote:Thought I would post this here to see if you could help. I have this setup on my Fire TV the new 4K one.

1. When changing channels sometimes I lose audio. Doesn't always happen but enough that its annoying.

2. Watching anything that moves fast, like hockey the picture looks blurry, even text tickers at the bottom of some shows looks blurry.

Deinterlace Video - Auto
View mode - Normal
Zoom amount - 1.00
Vertical shift - 0.00
Pixel ratio - 1.00
post processing - off

Verizon Local TV
Verizon 25/25 internet
Everything is CAT 6

Any idea? I also pay for NHL.TV and use a Kodi add-on to watch it and the games looks perfect, so I think it has to be something with the SD add-on.
Using the original version of the app (I just found out about this fork and plan to experiment with it):

1) This is an issue I have as well. So do numerous other users. So far the workaround is exactly what you are doing. Pause and then un-pause.

2) My settings: Hardware Acceleration (Mediacodec: On). This option is found in Kodi's system settings under Video. Deinterlace: Off. This can be changed within the HDHomerun app and I assume in the TVJunkieMOD app as well. Scroll down and select as default options to lock in the settings if you wish.

I have had success with this on the Firestick as well. Hope these settings help!

Durwin

Post by Durwin » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:26 pm

I haven't had any problems with audio in an older version of Openelec 5.0.8. I've been using the 5.0.8 version specifically because of this audio problem. I first experienced the audio dropout when I tried Openelec 6.0.0 and new version up to 6.0.3.

From News article about Update:
http://openelec.tv/news/22-releases/172 ... 0-released
The most visible change is Kodi 15.2 (Isengard). Beginning with Kodi 15.0 most audio encoder, audio decoder, PVR and visualisation addons are no longer pre-bundled into OpenELEC but can be downloaded from the Kodi addon repo if required.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:36 pm

I updated the MOD. link updated on first post.

** 2015.11.9 TVJunkieMODv20**
- Added Guide LookAhead Touchscreen Swipe Support
- Removed Manual Channel Scan
- Updated to Get Channel Resolution Info from lineup.json
- Added Extended Recording Options for Live Sports
- Updated Hide Music Channels Option to include 'Music Choice' Channels

Note- bug found in v20 (will be fixed in v21)
Rated Movie Search (clapperboard icon) fails to load Guide
(for now use standard search -> category -> movies)

Neogeo71

Post by Neogeo71 » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:19 pm

jamesflames wrote:
squirrellydw wrote:Thought I would post this here to see if you could help. I have this setup on my Fire TV the new 4K one.

Deinterlace Video - Auto
View mode - Normal
Zoom amount - 1.00
Vertical shift - 0.00
Pixel ratio - 1.00
post processing - off

Verizon Local TV
Verizon 25/25 internet
Everything is CAT 6

Using the original version of the app (I just found out about this fork and plan to experiment with it):

1) This is an issue I have as well. So do numerous other users. So far the workaround is exactly what you are doing. Pause and then un-pause.

2) My settings: Hardware Acceleration (Mediacodec: On). This option is found in Kodi's system settings under Video. Deinterlace: Off. This can be changed within the HDHomerun app and I assume in the TVJunkieMOD app as well. Scroll down and select as default options to lock in the settings if you wish.

I have had success with this on the Firestick as well. Hope these settings help!
Try Kodi 16 Jarvis if you are not on it already. I have deinterlace set to on and method set to bob. It looks great. I had same interlace issues as you all on KODI 15.2. As far as audio bug, using workaround for now. Tried every available combination of settings and still lose audio when changing channels. I have chosen to live with it for now.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:42 pm

** 2015.11.9 TVJunkieMODv21**
- Added Favorites Icon on Sidebar (Star icon)
- Updated SmartSearch Sidebar Icon (TV icon)
- Moved AutoPilot Icon to 2nd Sidebar (Ship wheel icon)
- Added User Quick Command Option (1: Favorites, 2: SmartSearch)
- Updated Context Button Double Click Command
- Improved Guide Display Speed (for back to back SmartSearch or Favorites)
- Fixed bugs

- User Quick Command (1: Favorites, 2: SmartSearch)
User selectable option for preferred quick command to open either the Favorites or SmartSearch Guide.
Quick Command button (left/right button) depends on the 'Reverse UI Layout' option
If Reverse UI Layout enabled: left button = Quick Command
if Reverse UI Layout disabled: right button = Quick Command
default = 1: Favorites

Context Button Double Click Command
When guide is hidden, press the context button twice (first opens sidebar, 2nd launches command)
This command will be the opposite of the 'User Quick Command'
(if User Quick Command = Favorites, Doubleclick Context = SmartSearch)
(if User Quick Command = SmartSearch, Doubleclick Context = Favorites)

theorangesplat

Post by theorangesplat » Tue May 10, 2016 10:02 am

My setup is a HDHomerun Connect which I access through Kodi and the TVJunkie Mod add-on that lets me watch and record TV from the Connect.

The only complaint I have is that the EPG (TV Guide) only shows me up to 4 hours of shows...is anyone familiar with this setup and could help me add more of an EPG, like with Schedules Direct or something?

Thanks!

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Tue May 10, 2016 8:46 pm

@theorangesplat:
That's the extent of the guide data available from SD currently. (search 1st post in thread for 'hour' to see related info). No alternate user's guide/epg datasets can be used in the mod (maybe that's something to look at in a later update)

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Tue May 10, 2016 8:48 pm

** 2015.11.9 TVJunkieMODv22**
(no added features, fixed a couple little bugs)

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Mon May 23, 2016 8:09 pm

** 2015.11.9 TVJunkieMODv23**
- Added Keep Until I Delete Setting for Each Recording
- Added Exit Menu Option: 'Go Back To Title Options'
- Added Configure Option: 'Enable Pre-Guide Exit Menu (useful on touchscreens)'
- Improved Playback Interface
- Increased Seekbar Height
- Fixed Overlay Bar Timeouts
- Added Timeout and Configure Setting to each User Select Dialog Window (default=0/disabled)
- Added Seekbar Play/Pause buttons (tap/click the time/duration text on left&right)
- Added to Exit/Back Menu: 'All Recordings'
- Added to Exit/Back Menu: 'Show Full Guide'
- Added to Exit/Back Menu: 'Show SmartSearch'
- Added to Exit/Back Menu: 'Show Favorites'
- Added to Exit/Back Menu: 'Show Movies On Now' (Configurable)
- Added to Exit/Back Menu: 'Show Sports On Now' (Configurable)
- Added to Exit/Back Menu: 'Show News On Now' (Configurable)
- Added to Exit/Back Menu: 'Show Comedies On Now' (Configurable)
- Added Configure Option: 'Exit/Back Menu Option: Show Movies On Now' (default disabled)
- Added Configure Option: 'Exit/Back Menu Option: Show Sports On Now' (default disabled)
- Added Configure Option: 'Exit/Back Menu Option: Show News On Now' (default disabled)
- Added Configure Option: 'Exit/Back Menu Option: Show Comedies On Now' (default disabled)
- Fixed misc bugs

More info on updates:
- Keep Settings are available for recorded shows. Changing a recordings keep setting to "until I delete" will prevent the mod from auto deleting the file (in a situation where there is a recurring record request for that show AND the request has a set keep # for that show AND you have recorded/reached that number of shows to keep. the recurring request auto-delete will move passed it, on to the next oldest recording of that show.)

-'Go Back To Title Options': is visible in the exit/back menu when playing a video/recording. Selecting the option returns directly back to that video/recordings menu (play/resume/info/keep setting/delete menu)

- Pre-Guide Exit Menu: if enabled in configurations, the exit/back menu opens when touching the screen or pressing enter, or select type button on a remote. This may be useful for touch devices. When viewing a video/recording, long-press touchscreen to display menu.

- Improved Playback Interface: touch devices can seek using the seekbar, and pause/resume by touching the textual info on the left/right of the seekbar.

- Added more direct options to the exit/back menu (some are optional in configuration settings)

rykr

Post by rykr » Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:10 am

Is this still being developed? Is 11/9/15 the latest version?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:02 pm

I just installed this add-on for the first time ever. When I run it (have not changed any of the settings under Config) I get an error (I also get this error with the stock add-on)...

ERROR "No channels found on any device"

My HDHR works perfectly well from my Windows PC using the stock View app.

How to fix?

thnks!