TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

TVJunkie198

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by TVJunkie198 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:23 pm

@azrichg:
I'd assume Kodi is gonna use some CPU cycles on its own. and the mod runs through additional routines so I can see it taking a little more work to process (than the official addon).

@rarefc3s:
no DRM support in Kodi. AFAIK the HDHR DVR doesn't yet include DRM support.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:07 pm

I updated the MOD. link updated on first post.

** 2015.11.9 TVJunkieMODv18**
- Added Exit/Back Menu Option 'Watch on SD/HD Channel'
- Added Year Filmed to Movie Descriptions'
- Fixed bugs

'Watch on SD/HD Channel' example usage: Currently tuned to TBS SD channel. press back/escape, and 'Watch on HD Channel (TBS)' will be an added option. (Note: if the title is not found on an opposite resolution channel this option won't display)

Note: Year Filmed to Movie Descriptions will display if the selected show/movie title includes an 'original air date' data field within it's EPG data.

azrichg

Post by azrichg » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:33 am

TVJunkie198 wrote:I updated the MOD. link updated on first post.

** 2015.11.9 TVJunkieMODv18**
- Added Exit/Back Menu Option 'Watch on SD/HD Channel'
- Added Year Filmed to Movie Descriptions'
- Fixed bugs
It's using about the same CPU% as the SD Kodi add on, but more than the 'HD View' stand alone App. In case I didn't word that well.

Thank you for the update, I'm off to DL it now!

Rich

azrichg

Post by azrichg » Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:34 am

When I bring up the guide and right-arrow over past say, 2 hours or so, I'm getting a lot of 'no data' which is strange because I can set up recording requests days in advance. The data shows up using the HDHR add on.

The only option I see related to this is the Extended Guide Menu Option which I do have selected. Is there something else I can check related to this?

Like I said, everything seems to be getting recorded fine it's only looking ahead where the guide data isn't there.

Thanx,

Rich

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:06 am

@azrichg
Sorry for the delay.

Record requests aren't scheduled based on future EPG data. Once you create a request, the mod add-on will continue scanning all channel titles that are currently starting, that meet the request(s) parameters. If/when that requests parameters are met, it records the title.

As for the 'no data' fields: SD's EPG guide data call provides each channel about ~4 hours of additional EPG guide info (relative to the title start time). So, you'll see some channels have more titles than others due to the length of the titles on each channel. (a channel that has back to back movies, versus a channel that has multiple 30 minute shows; the channel w/30 minute shows will display more EPG look ahead segments). It's a limitation of SDs guide api call (by design).

If you are a HDHR DVR subscriber, you can request additional channel EPG data, using that extended guide menu option as you mentioned (if you are not a DVR subscriber the menu option will fail to get extended guide data). The extended guide data is on a per channel basis, again limited by design of SD's slice/channel slide api call.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:10 am

I updated the MOD. link updated on first post.

** 2015.11.9 TVJunkieMODv19**
- Added Search Options (Now, Next, Now+Next)
- Added Category Search (ex's: Talk Show, Sports, Movies, News, etc)
- Improved Menu/Interface for Adding Custom Channel Record Requests
- Set Left/Right as Seek Controls during Recording/Video Playback
- Added Seek Configure Settings for Back/Ahead Time (in seconds)
- Disabled Up/Down Channel Change during Recording/Video Playback
- Added '(New)' text in title description (when known)
- Fixed OrigAirDate UTC/Timezone Delta
- Added Notification when Loading 'All Recordings' Menu
- Added Notification when Deleting Recordings/Videos
- Added Notification when Updating Guide Bar in the Background
- Added Configure Option: Show 'Updating Guide Bar' Dialog
- Updated Known Paid Program Info
- Fixed bugs

gtgray2002

Post by gtgray2002 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:46 pm

I had previously posted about performance issues with the Mod on my Sheild in Kodi 15.x. I installed an Alpha of 17 and the Mod runs great now. :D

azrichg

Post by azrichg » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:44 am

TVJunkie198 wrote:I updated the MOD. link updated on first post.

** 2015.11.9 TVJunkieMODv19**
- Added Seek Configure Settings for Back/Ahead Time (in seconds)
- Fixed bugs
The seek back/ahead is a feature that I really appreciate. A huge THANK YOU.

tybo971

Post by tybo971 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:16 pm

Can someone please post a link for download

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:59 pm

tybo971 wrote:Can someone please post a link for download
You mean the one on the first page of this thread? Two posts before you the creator said he updated that link. Or did you mean something for a newer (or older) version of kodi? Or were you asking how to install from zip inside kodi?

rav3ndk

Post by rav3ndk » Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:20 am

@TVJunkie198.

Thanks for all your work on this - sounds impressive. I have a few questions that I hope your can help clarify. :D

My current setup is as follows:
* Windows Media Center PC
* HDHomeRun HDHR3 Dual Tuner DVB/T/C
* QNAP TS-859 for backend storage of movies, music and pictures
* The windows media center PC acts as media player as well as controlling the recording of TV and watching recorded TV.

Hopefully my future setup:
* MiniX X8H Plus Media Player (Android 4.4) with Kodi installed and USB stick/drive attached
* HDHomeRun Expand (HDHR3-4DC) Dual Tuner DVB/C
* QNAP TS-859 for backend storage of movies, music and pictures

My hope is to utilise the nice feature of the new HDHomeRun Tuner as well as simplify my setup. So I would like to schedule recordings in Kodi and storing the recordings directly on the USB drive/stick attached to the Android Media Player.

Is that at all possible? I can’t seem to find any good information on the matter. Your MOD seems like the best option - but other options seems to be installing HDHR DVR on QNAP or use my Emby installed on QNAP. Problem is that my QNAP is with Atom processor so not that fast - and also I was trying to simplify not make more complex by introducing the QNAP to the TV setup.

So I if buy this tuner and use TVJunkieMOD - will it be possible for me to schedule recording of TV and watch recorded TV in Kodi directly on my Android Media Player box? (Without any backend TV server on QNAP or other device)

squirrellydw

Post by squirrellydw » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:18 pm

Dude thank you for this addon, its so much nicer than the official one. Still has an issue with picture quality while watching fast sports like hockey but other than that its great.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:07 pm

@rav3ndk

I could be wrong but from what I remember, this is a mod to SD's own kodi add-on... it can possibly work with an EXPAND (it is a new enough tuner to support the modern method) but everything I have heard says there will be no guide service, etc for the EXPAND as there won't be cable guide data without cablecard.

As for recording, I don't know how much manual recording he built into it as I thought it was by title which you won't have. (I guess I have to get it out again and see)

rav3ndk

Post by rav3ndk » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:04 am

@signcarver.

Thanks for your input. I have also written to SD support to ask about the recording functionality, because if I remember correctly they promised this feature in the Kodi Add-on in the Kickstarter campaign, and I think the goal was reached to implement this - but I could remember wrong :?

I live in Denmark and our cable company works without a set-top box. I believe channel/EPG data is sent along with the signal - at least my TV has EPG without any setup for internet provided EPG. So I was hoping that this could be used in a setup with EXPAND tuner and Kodi as software.

EPG is not even the most important feature for me - but still important. As mentioned I see TV everywhere without any kind of box, so this setup is ONLY used for recording TV and watching recorded TV. I could also buy a standalone recording device or even use my TV as PVR (when I get a new one with 2 tuners).

Currently I am using ServerWMC on my WindowsMediaCenter and then installed the PVR Client for ServerWMC in Kodi. This given me that exact functionality with my old HDHomeRun HDHR3-EU tuner - but I was looking to eliminate the Windows Media Center so I only have HDHomeRun + Android Media Player :D :D But if that is not possible I will just stick with my old setup - this also saves me money as I already own this equipment.

If you have the opportunity to test and give feedback, I would appreciate it - else I hope that TVJunkie198 replies. :D

rav3ndk

Post by rav3ndk » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:23 am

@signcarver & @TVjunkie198

Thanks for your help so far. I have found a solution to all my problems :D

I found a box that has all the features I request and that also have a Kodi add-on to control the box. So instead of HDHomeRun tuner, I will get a VBox TV Gateway XTI 3352.

On this box I can attach USB storage and record to the USB storage. And I can control all of it including watching TV, EPG, recording TV and watching recorded TV from the Kodi add-on. Also this box can use the EPG data included in my TV signal and if that is not good enough then it also supports external EPG data from xmltv.

So all in all a more complete product than the HDHomeRun 8-)