TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

wickchucker

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by wickchucker » Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:48 pm

Jut installed this mod, looks very promising. Noob question - how do I make it on my harmony remote that up and down buttons bring up the guide and allow me to scroll through the listings i.e. Hunt for a new show to watch? Currently pressing the up or down arrow changes the channel. On the standard hdhomerun app live app scrolling along the right side works and is access by pushing up or down.

gtgray2002

Post by gtgray2002 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:35 pm

The link in the first post takes me to the playstore and pops up a cloud app (Mega). Do I need to modify the link?

clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Post by clarkss12 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:01 am

gtgray2002 wrote:The link in the first post takes me to the playstore and pops up a cloud app (Mega). Do I need to modify the link?
If you are using Windows, it should open a Mega website. If that is the case, below download "button", you see in writing the message "download through your browser", use that link.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:10 am

@gtgray2002:
thanks for pointing that out. I didn't know mega was directing mobile users to use their app. The mega site was already a pain. Time for a new host site. I re-hosted it on dropbox (link updated in first post).

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:48 am

@wickchucker:
In the mod, up/down buttons change/surf the channels, as you mentioned. You should still be able to open the guide by pressing select/enter on the remote. The mod controls are set up this way to still allow surfing on limited button remotes (nexus player, firetv, etc)

wickchucker

Post by wickchucker » Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:56 pm

TVJunkie198 wrote:@wickchucker:
In the mod, up/down buttons change/surf the channels, as you mentioned. You should still be able to open the guide by pressing select/enter on the remote. The mod controls are set up this way to still allow surfing on limited button remotes (nexus player, firetv, etc)
Thanks, that worked.

Do you have a list of all keyboard commands and what action they take? I still have not been able to find out what key brings up options menu or shortcut for jump to previous channel. Apologies, I believe something like that appeared the first time I opened the add-on, but I exited out of it too fast.

gtgray2002

Post by gtgray2002 » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:45 pm

I am using a Sheild. I am getting lots of stuttering and frame drops with the mod. HD Homerun and Live Channels are much better than the Mod add on. Any suggestions?

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:58 pm

I updated the MOD. link updated on first post.

** 2015.11.9 TVJunkieMODv17**
- Added Configure Option: 'TVJunkieMOD UI Extended Guide Menu Option (for DVR subscribers)'
- Added Extended Guide Access (for DVR subscribers), via Beta UI API
- Added Date to Look Ahead Time Info
- Fixed bugs

Steps to Extending Guide Data (for HDHR DVR Subscribers):
- in Kodi->Video->Addons, go to: TVJunkieMOD's Add-on Information->Configure
- enable: "TVJunkieMOD UI Layout"
- enable: "TVJunkieMOD UI Extended Guide Menu Option (for DVR subscribers)"
- launch TVJunkieMOD
- open the guide
- select/highlight a channel
- press context menu button (display context menu)
- click "Get Extended Channel Guide (channel)" option at bottom
- Look Ahead further to view the channel's extended guide.
- Things to Note:
- You can extend multiple channel's guide data.
- Currently, the API provides extended data of ~8 additional hours for each request.
- Currently, the API can be requested multiple times per channel (receiving ~8 hours for each request)
- This updated/extended guide data will only be temporary, as the add-on will eventually update the full lineup's guide data the standard way; wiping out the extended data you've requested. (so maybe an hour after you get extended data, the guide might be limited again. However you can always re-request the extended data at that later time.)
- Extended data is accessed using HDHR View's Beta UI Slice API. If/When SiliconDust changes the API, this feature may be altered (and a mod update will be needed to be restored)

& thanks to clarkss12 for beta testing

azrichg

Post by azrichg » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:12 pm

Another big 'THANK YOU' for doing this mod.

One nugget I picked up from the Windows DVR forum, you can disable channels by pulling up your device's web page and clicking on the stars next to the channels you don't want. Two clicks and there's a red strike through. That was a great tip. I disabled all the SD duplicate and music channels this way. Makes me wonder what else I'm missing.

Another tip for Mac users- When you download this MOD it gets un-zipped by default (at least on my machine). So download it with a right click 'save as,' that worked for me.

So far it's playing nicely with occasional video tearing, but nothing too bad.

Some questions- I have 3 macs on the network with the HDHR Prime. How easily can I record and play back from one machine to the other? Just add the other computers video folders to each computer? It seems that multiple Kodi Apps running on different machines work okay so far.

This might just be my replacement for EyeTV (who charged $19/yr for TV Guide BTW).

Rich

After trying a lot of options, this one might just do it for me.

azrichg

Post by azrichg » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:47 am

The recording requests aren't working for me, I have a valid path set up for recordings. The requests are set up by show name only, no episode or synopsis data. New or rerun, all channels. However nothing gets recorded.

Record request made from the guide (with a right click) are working even after closing the player.

Is there something in the way I'm setting up recording requests that I should check?

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:52 pm

@azrichg:
regarding recording and playback on macs, I'm not a Mac user but I'd imagine if you can setup a network shared path on one Mac, then set that path as your recording directory within kodi on each device. The Mac with the shared path would need to be on when the other devices want to record/playback.

also, kodi and the mod need to be active/open/running in order to record titles. it sounds like you might be closing it after scheduling/requesting.

azrichg

Post by azrichg » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:04 pm

Good deal, that was my guess on the recording paths. Just wanted to make sure that wouldn't confuse things, for example- when I did that with eyeTV it turned out that app kept it's scheduled recordings in the same folder, so every Mac that had used that folder recorded shows to that folder. I got multiple recordings of each show.

I swear I left Kodi on with the mod active (just stopped the video player and got a message saying scheduled recordings will still work). I'll try again for tonight.

On occasion I get a loud buzz sound closing on the right audio channel. Even after quitting Kodi, goes away when I restart the plug-in. I'm only using Kodi to watch and record TV with plug-ins right now. This has been my week, weird tech stuff!

Edit- I am also trying out Emby, when I quit the Emby server the buzz stopped. So maybe there's an overlap of some kind happening there.

azrichg

Post by azrichg » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:46 pm

One question- It seems the HDHR View app (not plug in) uses significantly less CPU vs the Kodi plug in. The JunkieMOD uses a little more CPU than the View add-on as well.

So what happens is I get around 104% or more usage. Emby uses just over 200%. EyeTV uses around 70% which is about the same as the SD View app. There are two processes going for EyeTV.

Is this just the overhead needed to work in Kodi?

As to my earlier issues- everything seems to be working fine now. I think the network connection to my record folder had been interrupted causing me issues before. The buzzing sound has never come back. I'm using this MOD for recording and EyeTV for playback mostly because I can use arrow keys to jump forward & back in time during playback.

Thanx again for a nice mod!

Rich

rarefc3s

Post by rarefc3s » Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:12 pm

Does a PVR add on need to be configured to use the recording function? Or simply set a recording path and it works? I've yet to get a guide and recording working in Kodi. So far I only watch live TV with the Silicon Dust Kodi app. This appears to be about the easiest solution I have seen for a guide. DRM channels work in Kodi?

rarefc3s

Post by rarefc3s » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:23 pm

I installed it on Kodi and that answered some of my questions. The app in Kodi, HD's View and the Mod do not support DRM content. The View app ran outside of Kodi does. Yet again I am left finding a complete replacement solution for Windows Media Center. The $60 DVR software doesn't yet support DRM correct?