TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

ellisr63

Re: TVJunkieMOD (Record, Request, Playback, Favorites +)

Post by ellisr63 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:34 pm

Is there a version of this that can be installed on Openelec/Kodi?

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:38 am

ellisr63 wrote:Is there a version of this that can be installed on Openelec/Kodi?
The mod is a Kodi video add-on.

CalMan

Post by CalMan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:15 pm

So is this add-on for more advanced users? While I'm able to activate the add-on in Kodi. I'm not sure what to do next. I'm also unsure if I need the HD HomeRun add-on installed as well or if this works separately from that. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

InIrons

Post by InIrons » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi TVJunkie,
Love the app but the green menu banner of the show info stays persistent on the top of the screen. On Ronnie's videos his goes away after a few seconds...

Am I missing a setup setting or something?

Also can this be added to any android device if installed from the zip file? Or is this strictly pc based Kodi only?

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:03 am

CalMan wrote:So is this add-on for more advanced users? While I'm able to activate the add-on in Kodi. I'm not sure what to do next. I'm also unsure if I need the HD HomeRun add-on installed as well or if this works separately from that. I'd appreciate any help I can get.
Activated, meaning you ran/launched it? What next step are you unsure of exactly? If you simply installed and launched it, the features are more limited (read 1st post to follow how to setup configure options)

The mod is separate/independent from the official add-on. And no, it shouldn't require being an advanced user. Just get a good understanding of the added features and the configuration options (again, see first post in thread). Also simply learn by using it.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:05 am

InIrons wrote:Hi TVJunkie,
Love the app but the green menu banner of the show info stays persistent on the top of the screen. On Ronnie's videos his goes away after a few seconds...

Am I missing a setup setting or something?

Also can this be added to any android device if installed from the zip file? Or is this strictly pc based Kodi only?
Hi, upon launching the mod, you should see the banner bar slide off. One option in the mod, is to toggle that bar to stay on. Sounds like you toggled it on (and didn't figure out how to toggle it back off). Toggle controls depend on how the 'Reverse UI' setting is set in the addons configure options.

In addon configure options:
If 'Reverse UI' is enabled:
- left button: opens Favorites Guide
- right button: toggles banner bar stay on/off

If 'Reverse UI' is disabled:
- left button: toggles banner bar stay on/off
- right button: opens Favorites Guide

CalMan

Post by CalMan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:20 am

TVJunkie198 wrote: Activated, meaning you ran/launched it? What next step are you unsure of exactly? If you simply installed and launched it, the features are more limited (read 1st post to follow how to setup configure options)

The mod is separate/independent from the official add-on. And no, it shouldn't require being an advanced user. Just get a good understanding of the added features and the configuration options (again, see first post in thread). Also simply learn by using it.
Perhaps if I had been more clear. I downloaded the file from the link in the first post. Added your add-on within Kodi. And just wondered what to do next. I suppose configuring the various items you have listed in the first post is the next step.

Somewhat moot, as I discovered (like the SD app from which this was spawned) that my HD HomeRun isn't a supported model-the US3 version. Still debating whether to replace with Connect or Extend models as it's working fine, just not for these add-ons. But really liked what I saw in a YouTube video posted in the AVS Forum

BadBrent

Post by BadBrent » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:57 am

I just discovered this mod to the SiliconDust Kodi add-on, and this is EXACTLY what SiliconDust should be doing on the UI end of things instead of the direction they are heading.

[moderator - removed talk of patents]

What I would like to see implemented in this mod is a way to extend the EPG, such as adding a SchedulesDirect subscription to the add-on. Being able to see at least 3 hours ahead of content as well as scroll ahead a few days, as well as picking and choosing which exact programs to record locally (or over my network) would work out ideal in my situation and prevent me from not only needing a server headend as I have setup right now using NextPVR, but it would avoid having to purchase the SiliconDust DVR software as this mod provides all of the features that I would need without having to even pay anybody for their software with the exception of my SchedulesDirect subscription...which I don't mind paying considering it's only $25/year when SiliconDust wants $30/year for an inferior add-on and UI.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:59 pm

I updated the MOD. link updated on first post.

** 2015.11.9 TVJunkieMODv15**
- MOD merged w/ 2015.11.9 Official Add-On (HDHR DVR excluded)
- Merged in Seek Bar Overlay
- Added LookAhead Feature in TVJunkieMOD UI
- Added Configure Option: 'TVJunkieMOD UI LookAheads'
- Added Banner Bar Display for Recordings/Videos in TVJunkieMOD UI
- Updated Known Paid Program Info
- Fixed bugs

The rightside/2nd column in the guide is what I'm calling the 'LookAhead' column.
There are two types of LookAhead (configure options)

TVJunkieMOD UI LookAheads (1: 30mins 2: Next):
"1: 30 mins": Shifts guides look ahead column by 30 minute periods.
"2: Next": Shifts guides look ahead column by next title(s).
The '30 mins' setting shifts all channel look aheads relative to the same time slot (in 30 minute periods).
The 'Next' setting shifts all channel look aheads relative to each channels next scheduled title.
+2-3 hours LookAhead currently available.
hours accessible may vary/change in future.
also looking into extending it to +8 hours for HDHR DVR subscribers.

cdrsteve

Post by cdrsteve » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:01 am

I do get a hang at the "Finishing Up" message upon launch. Unable to send you a PM since I am relatively new to the forum. Here is a portion of the error I see in Kodi.log:

11:25:03 T:4408 ERROR: script.hdhomerun.viewtvjunkiemod: ERROR:
11:25:03 T:4408 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
11:25:03 T:4408 ERROR: File "C:\Users\steven\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.hdhomerun.viewtvjunkiemod\lib\main.py", line 582, in onAction
11:25:03 T:4408 ERROR: if self.checkSeekActions(action):
11:25:03 T:4408 ERROR: File "C:\Users\steven\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.hdhomerun.viewtvjunkiemod\lib\main.py", line 997, in checkSeekActions
11:25:03 T:4408 ERROR: if not self.player.isPlayingRecording():
11:25:03 T:4408 ERROR: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'isPlayingRecording'
Any ideas?

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:17 pm

@cdrsteve
thanks for that. new version on the way

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:17 pm

I updated the MOD. link updated on first post.

** 2015.11.9 TVJunkieMODv16**
- Fixed bugs

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:03 pm

Scared to look at the new mod as it sounds like you did something I did with "mine" as a proof of concept a couple of months ago and everyone would accuse me of copying :) (I can't take full credit as I had a student work on it as they needed a project for a php class which involved getting a json or xml and manipulating the data and they needed some ideas so I suggested it and provided them with a scrubbed list of about 20 channels and 6 hours of data though I think I was only getting about 3 or 4 at the time but is why I have mentioned it in the past... I haven't revisited it since the new slices came out so don't know what the data looks like these days).

My hope is/was to make a web based app to control the DVR project more traditionally but want to give SD the chance to get their project out and more officially publish the API and not risk impacting their servers. I was also contemplating including a map for clear qam and "scheduling" a recording (my own http engine) to be started 30 seconds before it would try to make it for the real scheduled rule and thus skip over it saving a cablecard tuner. I am supposed to have the next 6 weeks off (minus my traditional xmas support calls) so may look into it a little further.

By the way, earlier in the day I was going to blame your mod being out in the wild as what crashed the guide servers this morning :)

More serious, keep up the good work and I just wish it applied to my environment of everything being protected.

TVJunkie198

Post by TVJunkie198 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:58 pm

@signcarver
:) sounds interesting. I haven't looked into the view app slice data yet myself either. I guess I'll need to, to figure the guide data call changes (or wait for SD to update their add-on, then merge changes)

Dartman

Post by Dartman » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:39 pm

Well just added it to Kodi on here, had to set the zip file to a folder that Kodi could see then told it to add from zip file and it showed up right under the HDHomeRun app. Haven't really played with it much yet, just set the record folder and verified it's at least showing all my non DRM channels.
Like the guide layout and will have to play with the recording setup and see how it does but looks great so far and I'm sure everything will play nice together till we get the DRM stuff working so maybe we can all dump WMC.