Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by djp952 »

Glad to have been of service to date, my friend. Nothing lasts forever, but here's hoping that circumstances keep this around for a good long while :)

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

How do I force Kodi to refresh the backend channel logos? I had a channel switch to a different network and Kodi is still using the logo for the old network. The logo is correct in the slice guide in the HDHomeRun app so the new logo should be available for Kodi to grab.

I went into Settings> PVR & Live TV and tried clearing data in the "General" and "Guide" sections as well as triggering device discovery, channel lineup discovery and guide listing discovery in Client specific settings. I also tried disabling and re-enabling backend channel logo images in the PVR addon settings. I even poked around in the channel manager but there didn't seem to be anything I could do there other than manually map an image file for the logo. I noticed in Settings> PVR & Live TV "Menu/OSD" there's a "Scan for missing icons" option but it is greyed out.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Ken.F wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:32 am How do I force Kodi to refresh the backend channel logos? I had a channel switch to a different network and Kodi is still using the logo for the old network. The logo is correct in the slice guide in the HDHomeRun app so the new logo should be available for Kodi to grab.

I went into Settings> PVR & Live TV and tried clearing data in the "General" and "Guide" sections as well as triggering device discovery, channel lineup discovery and guide listing discovery in Client specific settings. I also tried disabling and re-enabling backend channel logo images in the PVR addon settings. I even poked around in the channel manager but there didn't seem to be anything I could do there other than manually map an image file for the logo. I noticed in Settings> PVR & Live TV "Menu/OSD" there's a "Scan for missing icons" option but it is greyed out.
Kodi caches images based on the URL, so if the URL is the same but the logo has changed it will still show you the old one. It's an ugly process, but if you google "clear kodi thumbnails" you can find a way to force it to reload them. Caution: this will force Kodi to reload EVERYTHING, any posters, fanart, etc it has will get nuked.

I don't know of any way to selectively kill/refresh a single thumbnail like a channel logo, though. It seems to be a brute force thing.

Ken.F

Post by Ken.F »

djp952 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:58 pm I don't know of any way to selectively kill/refresh a single thumbnail like a channel logo, though. It seems to be a brute force thing.
OK, thanks.

Ken.F

Post by Ken.F »

I deleted the Thumbnails directory and got fresh logos. It was over 5 GB so it was probably time to clean it out anyway. :)

FoodLioon

Post by FoodLioon »

Search with channel filter not working on 19.0.

Example- If I search for Sliders in all channels I get results. Search for Sliders on just Comet and I don't get anything. Anything to try?

djp952

Post by djp952 »

FoodLioon wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 2:33 pm Search with channel filter not working on 19.0.

Example- If I search for Sliders in all channels I get results. Search for Sliders on just Comet and I don't get anything. Anything to try?
I think I'll have to try this one out and see what I can find for you (I have Comet - bonus); the search function in Kodi is based on the (EPG) data that has already been provided by the addon but the addon itself is not directly interrogated during the search(es). Kodi 19 had a lot of "core" PVR changes in it (mostly, if not all, good!) but it's reasonable that something may have fallen through the cracks.

While I really hate to kick the proverbial can, I'm in the middle of trying to come up with a set of fixes for the Kodi PVR Channel Manager (for an unrelated project) and it's been more difficult than I expected and still doesn't work to my satisfaction. Do you need me to switch gears and look at this now, or are you in a "workable" place? This project absolutely takes priority of my free time, but if it can wait a smidge I would really appreciate it right now -- if I can't get the Kodi PVR Channel Manager "fixed" for Kodi 19.1, it may need to wait until Kodi 20 :(

FoodLioon

Post by FoodLioon »

That's fine, it's not a critical issue. Probably a Kodi bug I will need to report then. I can keep a copy of 18.9 on my tablet for searches.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Hi FoodLioon, I checked this out and I didn't have any problems with searching for "sliders" on a specific channel in either Kodi 19.0 or the latest "master" code. I happen to have 2 COMET channels, so I was able to test both.

If I just searched on sliders, I had 8 results, 4 for each channel (WJLADT3 / WNUVDT3 for me). If I toggled the "All channels" to just WJLADT3 and searched I got the 4 results for that channel. Same with just WNUVDT3 selected. I left everything else at the defaults. (Side note: instead of an up/down control that really should be a pick list .. so many clicks to get to the channel you want - lol).

Is there something else I may not be doing that mirrors what you are?

FoodLioon

Post by FoodLioon »

I think I narrowed it down-
"Use channel numbers from backend" toggled ON makes search fail.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

FoodLioon wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:06 pm I think I narrowed it down-
"Use channel numbers from backend" toggled ON makes search fail.
Eh, working on this other thing is getting out of control anyway. Let me have a look, seems like it should be easy to track down and PR :)

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Here you are, FoodLioon, let's see how far this one gets? From my seat, it solves your problem, I only expect problems with semantics or formatting on this one:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19693

FoodLioon

Post by FoodLioon »

Thank you! You go way above and beyond for us!

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Always! In this case, it turns out the PVR Search function was already on Team Kodi's radar and a more extensive set of fixes/enhancements are already in the works that should take care of this (I'm certain it will now since ksooo saw the PR and will make sure it does). Hang tight, PVR functionality is definitely getting lots of attention right now. Fingers crossed for Kodi 19.1 :)

djp952

Post by djp952 »

FYI for Universal Windows (UWP) / XBox users of the addon, Kodi 19.1 is out and I will of course rebuild the .MSIX packages against that for you, but since there was no nightly build for that commit we'll be stuck with it saying "Kodi 19.0" on the splash screen again. I think this time I'm going to just add a step to replace the splash screen since I personally find that to be kind of annoying, if not completely trivial in nature. I should get to that in a couple/few days, but if anyone is hurting for Kodi 19.1 on those platform(s) just say the word and I'll do that next time instead!