Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

djp952
Device ID: 131EB7F7;131ED0E0

Re: Unofficial Kodi HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client

Post by djp952 »

Well, Ken.F (et al), it turns out my wife actually tried to edit a Timer Rule this evening, so I bring you ...

Build 7769 - v3.5.1 / v4.5.1 (2021.04.09)
  • Update SQLite database engine to version 3.35.4
  • Update cURL library to version 7.75.6
  • Fix bug preventing timer rules assigned a specific channel number to be changed back to 'Any channel'
  • Change how start and end times are reported for Record series timer rules so they show as 'Any day at any time'
  • (Matrix) Apply workaround for Kodi error 'In order to add/update a timer the end date and time...' when editing a Record series rule
Release Notes: Downloads: I'm liking having the release notes on GitHub, I can be as verbose as I want and I can even include pictures!

Ken.F
Device ID: 1041A706, 1043EB32, 104BAD9E, 13168DC5, 1322A7AC

Post by Ken.F »

Thanks for the update.

flexo

Post by flexo »

Finally able to upload the log file. I am the one who lost the EPG a few weeks ago and you asked to share log file. The URL is below.

http://paste.kodi.tv/kufipepaju

djp952

Post by djp952 »

flexo wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:29 am Finally able to upload the log file. I am the one who lost the EPG a few weeks ago and you asked to share log file. The URL is below.

http://paste.kodi.tv/kufipepaju
Thanks! Looks like you got v3.5.1 during this session too :)

I don't see anything out of the ordinary functionality-wise, but I'm not sure if this is normal or not and will have to check. You have a ton of these:

Code: Select all

2021-04-10 13:24:05.443 T:2847998848   DEBUG: CSettingsManager: requested setting (use_channel_names_from_lineup) was not found.
2021-04-10 13:24:05.443 T:2847998848   DEBUG: CAddonSettings[pvr.hdhomerundvr]: failed to find definition for setting use_channel_names_from_lineup. Creating a setting on-the-fly...
That could just be Kodi's way of saying the setting has never been set, likely actually, but I will check it out at some point. I'm not super concerned with it :)

But, yeah, all's looking good here. It skipped EPG download since it was done less than 18 hours prior, so it's seemingly working. Are you still having any problems?

flexo

Post by flexo »

Yes, still no guide data. But everything besides that works, channels stream, DVR scheduling still working too. Just can't get the EPG to populate.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

flexo wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:02 pm Yes, still no guide data. But everything besides that works, channels stream, DVR scheduling still working too. Just can't get the EPG to populate.
Alright, I'm going to make you a custom version that logs if/when the EPG functions are actually called by Kodi and maybe even do some crazy logging showing each transfer or something. Let's get to the bottom of this for you :) The addon seems like it's perfectly happy and well-adjusted and as far as I know this isn't happening to anyone else.

Watch for a PM from me, I'll cook something insane up here and let you know what to expect :) I won't make you keep Debug logging on, promise. Go ahead and turn that off.

flexo

Post by flexo »

djp952 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:16 pm
flexo wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:02 pm Yes, still no guide data. But everything besides that works, channels stream, DVR scheduling still working too. Just can't get the EPG to populate.
Alright, I'm going to make you a custom version that logs if/when the EPG functions are actually called by Kodi and maybe even do some crazy logging showing each transfer or something. Let's get to the bottom of this for you :) The addon seems like it's perfectly happy and well-adjusted and as far as I know this isn't happening to anyone else.

Watch for a PM from me, I'll cook something insane up here and let you know what to expect :) I won't make you keep Debug logging on, promise. Go ahead and turn that off.
You rock djp952 :D

flexo

Post by flexo »

flexo wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:26 pm
djp952 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:16 pm

You rock djp952 :D
Hey djp952, it was getting late here last night but I did install the build you sent. Cleared the cache as per your instructions. I also disabled DEBUG logging previously. Should I enable it again?

djp952

Post by djp952 »

flexo wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:07 am Hey djp952, it was getting late here last night but I did install the build you sent. Cleared the cache as per your instructions. I also disabled DEBUG logging previously. Should I enable it again?
Nah, it wasn't showing you anything of value in DEBUG. Both the addon and Kodi seem perfectly happy. The idea of the build was to prove that Kodi's asking for the data and the addon is sending it. Did you see a ton of log messages showing each and every EPG entry as "transferred" after the clear data? It will also logspam each one when the addon initiates the transfer due to new listings.

If we're getting the logspam and no errors I'm starting to think the Kodi instance is just messed up somehow. The data is there, the only thing left to prove is that it's being asked for and sent.

When you go into the EPG, do you see the channel groups at the top (All channels, HD Channels, SD Channels)? The upper left says "TV / Timeline"?

flexo

Post by flexo »

djp952 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:55 am
flexo wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:07 am Hey djp952, it was getting late here last night but I did install the build you sent. Cleared the cache as per your instructions. I also disabled DEBUG logging previously. Should I enable it again?
Nah, it wasn't showing you anything of value in DEBUG. Both the addon and Kodi seem perfectly happy. The idea of the build was to prove that Kodi's asking for the data and the addon is sending it. Did you see a ton of log messages showing each and every EPG entry as "transferred" after the clear data? It will also logspam each one when the addon initiates the transfer due to new listings.

If we're getting the logspam and no errors I'm starting to think the Kodi instance is just messed up somehow. The data is there, the only thing left to prove is that it's being asked for and sent.

When you go into the EPG, do you see the channel groups at the top (All channels, HD Channels, SD Channels)? The upper left says "TV / Timeline"?
The event logger only lists that Kodi successfully started. Is that where I am supposed to be looking? I also went through all the levels and those are empty.

I only have one group, All Channels (I think I deleted the others). So I cleared the data once again from General and Guide and what I notice is that the notification for the channels search pops up and vanishes quickly, but without any error notifications.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

Do you have Settings / PVR & Live TV / General -> "Synchronize channel groups with backend(s)" on or off? Also, when you go into the Group Manager, how many groups do you see under "Available groups"? Unless you turn off Synchronize you can't actually delete the groups that come from the PVR.

It is normal for it to blast through the initial EPG load like that if the Kodi EPG database and the PVR are mostly synced up. If you have Guide / Don't cache in local database turned on you should see a more substantial load take place when Kodi starts up.

Any way I can get a screenshot/photo of what your EPG page looks like? I'm assuming it's just all the channels and empty gray boxes in the EPG grid.

Other than blowing away the Kodi PVR databases (Epg12, Tv32), which "Clear Data" pretty much does anyway, or resetting Kodi I'm not sure where to go next for you. The data is there, why Kodi isn't displaying it for you is a mystery.

flexo

Post by flexo »

djp952 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:03 pm Do you have Settings / PVR & Live TV / General -> "Synchronize channel groups with backend(s)" on or off? Also, when you go into the Group Manager, how many groups do you see under "Available groups"? Unless you turn off Synchronize you can't actually delete the groups that come from the PVR.

It is normal for it to blast through the initial EPG load like that if the Kodi EPG database and the PVR are mostly synced up. If you have Guide / Don't cache in local database turned on you should see a more substantial load take place when Kodi starts up.

Any way I can get a screenshot/photo of what your EPG page looks like? I'm assuming it's just all the channels and empty gray boxes in the EPG grid.

Other than blowing away the Kodi PVR databases (Epg12, Tv32), which "Clear Data" pretty much does anyway, or resetting Kodi I'm not sure where to go next for you. The data is there, why Kodi isn't displaying it for you is a mystery.
Synchronize with backend was off, I turned it back on and I see the groups now. I'm going to try and reset Kodi to see if that works.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UVBUv7 ... sp=sharing

flexo

Post by flexo »

A hard reset fixed it. I'm not sure what went wrong the day my ISP went out. Kodi wasn't connected to the internet for about 36 hours and never recovered when it came back I guess. Who knows what happened. I guess I should have tried the reset initially. Thanks for everything and sorry for taking your time.

djp952

Post by djp952 »

flexo wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:17 pm A hard reset fixed it. I'm not sure what went wrong the day my ISP went out. Kodi wasn't connected to the internet for about 36 hours and never recovered when it came back I guess. Who knows what happened. I guess I should have tried the reset initially. Thanks for everything and sorry for taking your time.
Just glad it's fixed! Sadly it will go down as a head-scratcher forever, but it was not time wasted! Always try my best for you guys.

DornoDios
Device ID: 107C3D26

Post by DornoDios »

Just wanted to make a post letting you know everything has been working wonderfully for me since I got a Synology NAS. I used Kodi v18 initially, then upgraded to v19 Matrix when it went final.

Everything has been working perfectly since then.

The only issue I had was a couple days ago. Amazon decided to update the OS on their Fire TV devices. There probably wasn't enough space on the devices so they decided to delete all cached data and possibly all program data tied to an app.

I don't use FireTV as I have a ShieldTV now, but my mother still uses it. She didn't realize what was happening at first. Thankfully I noticed it not long after it happened.

Basically it reset all the Kodi settings. I only noticed it when I was out there and a notification popped up for a new program being recorded. I told her that isn't supposed to happen and she said it didn't bother her and/or she didn't notice it.

So I went into the options to fix it and that's when I found out that Amazon deleted the settings data. I used to use a backup add-on so I could restore if anything happened, but it wasn't compatible with v19 when I updated so I just removed it. Thankfully the screwup wasn't too massive. I was able to reset all the settings to what they should be and the artwork database remained thankfully.

I think Amazon just wanted to update their devices and give them a new UI and somebody came up with the idea of deleting all cached and/or program data to make space for the update.

Not a wise choice. It would have been a better idea to let people remove the various apps they've added to the device since it was released. Apps which you can hide, but can not remove.

I'll probably just backup the really important file manually from now on.

We're saving a fortune by getting rid of satellite. So many people have been cancelling DirecTV they didn't even want the equipment back. Likely because they know there will never be new subscribers that need it. Unfortunately they won't allow me to use their recycling program so I'm stuck with the responsibility of getting rid of it.

Anyways, thank you so much for all your help. Everything is working properly now and has been for some time. I'm very happy with this setup and I couldn't have done it w/o you!