Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Kodi Community Development

Moderator: TVJunkie198

tloughr

Re: Unofficial Kodi PVR Client for HDHomeRun DVR subscribers

Postby tloughr » Sat May 12, 2018 11:34 am

I've been using this PVR client for a long time and it has worked great! Suddenly, when I go to Recordings in the TV main menu, it doesn't show any. This is on my main PC where the recording are taking place. On my other PCs I have no problems and the recorded shows are there. My main PC uses a VPN and I did have issues with it recently. Any help would be appreciated.

handiman

Postby handiman » Tue May 15, 2018 8:08 pm

Can you make new build for Kodi 18

shackeh

Postby shackeh » Thu May 17, 2018 5:35 pm

Hey folks,

Just did a new install (Migrating from WMC to a new NUC w/ Win10) to Kodi 17.6, I followed the instructions the best I can tell. Installed the HDHomeRun software, setup the record location, Subscribed to the HDHomeRun DVR service, installed Kodi, and installed this Add-On. Everything seemed to work great for live TV/Schedule. Could pause live TV, could record live TV... but cant see the recordings in Kodi... no "recent recordings" or anything listed in the recordings tab.

Also had an issue where I couldnt rewind live TV... I did change the record location in the HDHomeRun software after the initial setup, but I uninstalled and reinstalled the Add-On to be sure and still doesnt fly.

Currently testing NextPVR, but I would like to use this HDHomeRun setup ... just not sure where to troubleshoot this. Pull out all the HDHomeRun software and start over?
Hi clegg78! Based on the description, it *sounds* like the client is having trouble finding your HDHomeRun RECORD engine. This isn't entirely uncommon, and there is a setting that might help. First let's see if it found the RECORD engine. I'm assuming you're running Kodi 17.6 Krypton?

> In Kodi, go to Settings / PVR & Live TV settings
> At the bottom of the menu on the left-hand side, make sure the little gear icon says "Advanced" or "Expert" (click on it to change)
> If you highlight "Client Specific" on that left-hand menu, you will get a "Client specific settings" option in the main view. Click on that
> Click on "List discovered devices" from that list
> Do you see an entry that say "HDHomeRun RECORD" in the list?

If you don't see "HDHomeRun RECORD", that would pretty much explain all of the problems. You can try changing how the client finds the devices ...

> From the Kodi Addon Browser, go into "My add-ons" / "PVR Clients" / "HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client"
> Click on "Configure"
> In the "General" section there is an option called "Use network broadcast for device discovery". Turn that on.
> Restart Kodi, and see what happens

If you still don't see any recordings or an "HDHomeRun RECORD" device in that list, let us know. We can go from there :)
So I am having the same issue clegg78 was having I think - same symptoms anyways. I was trying to follow the instructions above however, when I click on the "Client Specific Settings" menu option in PVR settings, nothing at all happens. I tried changing the setting for "Use network broadcast for device discovery" in configure menu for the add-on but that has not helped. One thing that is a bit different for mine is that I am migrating from an old internal tuner card using the NextPVR backend. I disabled the NextPVR add-on, installed and enabled the HDHomeRun PVR one and am now seeing the behavior initially identified. I am able to schedule and watch recordings through the HDHomeRun standalone app. Let me know if there are logs that would help.

I pulled this out of the log file:
16:07:21.838 T:6996 NOTICE: AddOnLog: HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client: ADDON_Create: zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr v1.2.8 loading
16:07:21.876 T:6996 NOTICE: AddOnLog: HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client: ADDON_Create: initiating local network resource discovery (startup)
16:07:22.430 T:6996 ERROR: AddOnLog: HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client: ADDON_Create failed due to an unhandled exception: constraint failed (1555): UNIQUE constraint failed: device.deviceid
16:07:22.430 T:6996 NOTICE: AddOnLog: HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client: ADDON_Create: delaying startup discovery task for 3 seconds
16:07:22.430 T:6996 NOTICE: AddOnLog: HDHomeRun DVR PVR Client: ADDON_Create: zuki.pvr.hdhomerundvr v1.2.8 loaded

Any ideas?

<ISSUE RESOLVED>

I figured out that if I got HDHomerun to save my recordings to my NAS, it worked fine.

jhford

Record error

Postby jhford » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:00 am

When I click the record button I'm taken out of the app and am navigated directly to Kodi HOME.
Please advise.
Thanks

NYPlayer

Re: Record error

Postby NYPlayer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:05 am

When I click the record button I'm taken out of the app and am navigated directly to Kodi HOME.
Please advise.
Thanks
What device are you using ? What OS ?

jhford

Postby jhford » Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:01 pm

My setup is as follows:
WD My Cloud single bay NAS with HDHomerun running on it as an app.
Plex installed on a Raspberry Pi 3 for organising and playing recorded content. It's libraries are pointing to NAS folders.
Client TVs with Amazon Fire TV gen 2 sticks and this Kodi build.

Now I get the following Kodi dialog/error msg box when I click the record button: "Information"
"Can't start recording. See the log for more information about this message."

jsiedlicki

Guide stopped updating

Postby jsiedlicki » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:31 am

Let me start by saying this is an amazing plug-in, thank you for making it available to all of us!

Recently the guide within Kodi stopped updating. It has been running great for months. I reloaded the newest record engine on my NAS with no luck. The recording engine seems to be working as it lists a future recordings and I can play past recordings?

Setup as follows:
  • Raspberry Pi 2 running libreelec and Kodi 17.6
  • HDHomeRun CONNECT Quatro 1070EF6E | Version 20180327
  • HDHomeRun RECORD | Version 20180418
  • Record engine running on Asustor NAS
I have attached the debug logs from a clean boot of Libreelec to help. Any ideas would be appreciated!

Logs found here http://ix.io/1cZO

Ken.F

Re: Guide stopped updating

Postby Ken.F » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:00 am

Recently the guide within Kodi stopped updating.
I lost guide data on my Raspberry Pis and Win7 PC too. I had guide data on the Win7 PC but it was cached. After I cleared the cached data it won't download new guide data.

NYPlayer

Re: Guide stopped updating

Postby NYPlayer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:05 am

Recently the guide within Kodi stopped updating.
I lost guide data on my Raspberry Pis and Win7 PC too. I had guide data on the Win7 PC but it was cached. After I cleared the cached data it won't download new guide data.
No guide data here on any of my Devices.... hope it gets fixed this Plugin is the reason I am still using the HDHomeRun DVR.

jasonl
Silicondust

Postby jasonl » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:27 pm

Should be back now. We've reached out to djp952 to request a minor change to the client going forward to prevent future issues.

NYPlayer

Postby NYPlayer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:41 pm

Should be back now. We've reached out to djp952 to request a minor change to the client going forward to prevent future issues.
Thanks

Ken.F

Postby Ken.F » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:02 pm

Should be back now.
Working now, thanks.

jhford

Bug

Postby jhford » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:50 am

Kodi automatically closes after the program guide loads. Did I setup the PVR incorrectly?
Thanks

jhford

Nexus 7 tablet

Postby jhford » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:11 am

I'm trying to finish installing this on my beloved Nexus 7 (2013) LTE/4G tablet, but I can't get "Client Specific" to react to my taps and display my HDHomeRun setup. Does this mean that I can't use this on my tablet? I hope someone can help. This is all I'm missing to have a very cool tablet setup. BTW, I've also installed this on a 2nd Gen Fire Stick attached to my TV and it works perfectly.
Thanks

nickk
Silicondust

Postby nickk » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:20 pm

Has anyone heard from djp952?

(If the problem isn't resolved in the near future we will have to block this plugin from downloading guide until it is resolved).

Return to “Kodi Community Development”