• Handle dynamic audio format change
• Bug fixes

Android TV support:
• Add support for Leanback Launcher
• Add support for Android TV’s TV-input
• NOTE: Nexus Player requires HDTC model

Available on Google Play now:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... st.mg.upnp

Amazon App store has been submitted and will be available in a few days. Includes support for Fire TV (box).

Firmware and Software:
20141121beta1

HDHR4-2US/HDTC-2US:
• Improvements to ATSC channel scan.

HDHomeRun VIEW for Windows:
• Support DirectShow codecs.
• Support old models (DirectShow only, no guide data).
• Improvements to picture quality.

Windows:
• Drop QuickTV (replaced with HDHomeRun VIEW).

Get it now:
http://www.silicondust.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=2484

Yes, there's still lots to do. Time Warner guy - we haven't forgotten about you, we're hard at work, copy-flagged channels will be supported. Our friends in Europe and DVB regions - keep an eye out for upcoming announcements. Trust me, we listen and read your comments, even the harsh ones :D .

Lot's to come in the next few months.

Last, Black Friday is nearly upon us...not to mention Cyber Monday (and dare I say, Encore Tuesday too?). Keep an eye out for sweet deals!

Have a great weekend!
Eddy

clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Re: SiliconDust Blog (11/21/2014) – Updates & Updates

Post by clarkss12 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:54 pm

Thanks for the update. Your HDHomeRun view has very much improved. Only takes 2 or 3 seconds for channel changes, video play back is greatly improved and I can use my stock IR remote. My HD channels, both 720P and 1080i play flawlessly. One thing missing is Dolby digital passthrough via HDMI. Most of my channels have thumbnails of the program, but not all. Also, I have the HDTC-US but I turned off the transcoding.

My setup
HDTC-US fed from roof mounted antenna with signal booster.
Harmon Kardon A/V receiver
Tronsmart Vega S89H Android TV box >>>
http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Tronsmar ... 26822.html

Olevia 65" LCD TV

BigRedd

Post by BigRedd » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:17 am

Thanks! I have a HomeRun Prime, so it's not working on my Nexus Player, but it's nice to see how the integrated TV app is supposed to work.
Do you have any word from Google on why MPEG2 is not supported on the Nexus Player? Is it a hardware issue with the Intel chip, or a software issue that hopefully could be fixed at a later time?

qz3fwd

Post by qz3fwd » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:31 pm

Please add support for older models (aka the original HDHR Dual of which I have 8 boxes!) on the Mac side in addition to the love you have bestowed on the Windows app.

TonVH

Post by TonVH » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:34 am

I agree 100%. besides, a long time ago it was promised there would be browser accessible option so that stuff like using Terminal would not be needed anymore.

gtb
Expert

Post by gtb » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:13 am

BigRedd wrote:Thanks! I have a HomeRun Prime, so it's not working on my Nexus Player, but it's nice to see how the integrated TV app is supposed to work.
Do you have any word from Google on why MPEG2 is not supported on the Nexus Player? Is it a hardware issue with the Intel chip, or a software issue that hopefully could be fixed at a later time?
The hardware is (technically) capable, but if Asus decided not to license or support HW MPEG2 that would be their choice (apparently HW MPEG2 decoding is not a requirement to meet the minimum requirements for Android TV). If you actually have a Nexus Player, you might be able to contact Asus to ask about future features. I am not optimistic it will be added if it is not a requirement (why add cost to a device which already has low margins?).

I am curious where in the Nexus Player announcement/specification you found a statement that it supported HW MPEG2 decoding? There was a lot of conjecture before the formal announcement, including by myself, that it would do so, but the actual specifications are what matters, and I never saw HW MPEG2 decoding in those specifications (and is one of the reasons I choose not to invest in yet another device that did not meet my requirements). If you can provide the reference, that would be appreciated.

rocktober

Post by rocktober » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:25 pm

I just installed the HDHomeRun View app on the Amazon Fire TV (box). It doesn't seem to pick up any channels from my HDHR4-2US. The debug output in the lower left corner shows the right ip address of the tuner, but says 0 channels found. Then the screen goes black with the only thing working is to exit the app. I am able to get several channels on WMC on my PC.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Post by signcarver » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:00 pm

WMC uses its own channel lineup based on its guide (though you may need to add them manually)... the other software needs a scan on the device to populate a channel list... if you go to you go to the lineup page on the device ( <ip-of-device>/lineup.html ) what channels are shown there? If none, run the scan there.

Other issue can crop up like lack of mpeg2 codec and wireless issues if the device isn't wired.

rocktober

Post by rocktober » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:42 pm

signcarver wrote:WMC uses its own channel lineup based on its guide (though you may need to add them manually)... the other software needs a scan on the device to populate a channel list... if you go to you go to the lineup page on the device ( <ip-of-device>/lineup.html ) what channels are shown there? If none, run the scan there.

Other issue can crop up like lack of mpeg2 codec and wireless issues if the device isn't wired.
Thanks for the suggestions. The channel lineup was all there and the Fire TV is wired. I think the mpeg2 codec is there because XBMC worked but it was unstable. That's why I am trying this app. Anyways, the app started working today, maybe there was an update. So I am not sure what the problem was, but thanks for your help!