ATSC 3.0: Hartford/New Haven, CT

ATSC 3.0 Forum
hancox

ATSC 3.0: Hartford/New Haven, CT

Post by hancox »

WTIC / WCCT announced they are lighting up ATSC3 in October. Figure I would get a placeholder started!
https://www.fox61.com/article/about-us/ ... 1fbc59ac59

scottct1

Re: ATSC 3.0: Hartford/New Haven, CT

Post by scottct1 »

Rob,

I went out and purchased a HD Homerun Flex 4K in preparation. :D I am hoping to catch them testing, but so far I have scanned and no ATSC 3.0 to be found.

I will keep on scanning. If anyone sees any tests let me know! :)

kyl416
Device ID: 1080DB11

Post by kyl416 »

If there's any testing, it won't happen until after they make their NextGen filing with the FCC and only in the middle of the night to avoid disruption to WCCT's OTA and satellite viewers as any testing would involve switching WCCT's RF 33 signal to ATSC 3.0.

RonRN18

Post by RonRN18 »

It appears that the filing was just posted today for your area, with your CW affiliate being the lighthouse station on RF channel 33 and will be hosting your CBS, ABC, and Fox affiliates. No mention yet of your NBC affiliate. In my particular region (Sacramento, CA) there were stations that filed their applications days to weeks after the initial application but they were all worked out before their live date. In our case, the original "Go Live" date was supposed to have been June 1st of this year but it got delayed a couple of weeks. Your "Go Live" date is October 12 at 12 PM, which sounds like an odd time to go live. It would make more sense to do this in the "dead hours", like 2-3AM. The CW affiliate will be moving their 1.0 content to WTIC, who appears to be your Fox affiliates broadcast. I hope it all goes smoothly in your area.

hancox

Post by hancox »

Successful switchover yesterday - way to go, Tegna!

It looks like 3 of the 4 channels aren't mapped on the HDHomeRun though - no guide data

WTNH on 108 has data, The other 3 (WFSB on 103.1, WCCT on 120.1 and WTIC on 161.1) have no mapping or guide data yet.

privateryan311

Post by privateryan311 »

Hi, I have the 4k hdhomerun and I rescanned my channels after the switch but I don't see any atsc 3.0 channels. Am I missing something simple? Do I have to adjust my antenna? All my signal locks say 8vsb. Thanks.

hancox

Post by hancox »

did you get WCCT previously? If you're getting other channels from Rattlesnake Mountain (WTIC, etc), you probably should get something from this new lighthouse.

Might be worth posting results from https://rabbitears.info/searchmap.php to help confirm

privateryan311

Post by privateryan311 »

Yes I have cbs fox NBC ion PBS wcct. I'm out in Stafford so the pointers all say poor reception from my house. How do you know if you're on a 3.0 channel? Does the lock say something beside 8vsb?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

hancox wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:53 am Successful switchover yesterday - way to go, Tegna!

It looks like 3 of the 4 channels aren't mapped on the HDHomeRun though - no guide data

WTNH on 108 has data, The other 3 (WFSB on 103.1, WCCT on 120.1 and WTIC on 161.1) have no mapping or guide data yet.
If the ATSC 1.0-counterpart channels are hidden then the guide data doesn't auto-map to the ATSC 3.0 versions unless I put in a manual redirect (which is fine, no problem doing that). I've gone ahead and put in a redirect.

hancox

Post by hancox »

Thanks - makes sense.

I think the issue is that, due to co-channel and topography issues, most of these channels aren't available on ATSC1 at the same location - they definitely aren't on mine, which makes this lighthouse an excellent development. I get WTNH on VHF10 on ATSC1, so my "missing" guide data for the others makes sense.

Any thoughts on making this manually-driven? This will likely not be the only instance of this happening, given spectrum and multipath improvements from ATSC3, etc.