Unable to see ATSC3 Video

ATSC 3.0 Forum
scampbellnmpbs

Unable to see ATSC3 Video

Post by scampbellnmpbs »

Hello we are testing ATSC3 here in Albuquerque NM and I am having trouble with our HDHomeRun. Basically we cannot get it to tune ATSC 3.0.

Any of the ATSC3 channels just give me "Unable to play channel: No video data".

The ATSC 1.0 versions work fine.

Below is what I see when I run the Config GUI.

Any ideas where I might start to troubleshoot the issues I am having?

jasonl
Expert

Re: Unable to see ATSC3 Video

Post by jasonl »

Make a diagnostic capture of your broadcast with this URL:
http://10811BAB.local:5004/auto/ch8?for ... uration=60

You may need to substitute the device's IP in place of 10811BAB.local if your network doesn't support mDNS.

Upload the capture somewhere (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, iCloud, random web server, whatever) and either post a link here or email to support at silicondust dot com along with a link to this thread so they know what it is, and SD can analyze it and figure out what is wrong. This is pretty much par for the course for every new ATSC 3 broadcast coming online. Either the station is using some combination of settings that is valid but not yet implemented in firmware because no one has ever used it before (and will get fixed in a few days with a firmware update), or the station is doing something invalid and SD can identify and point you in the right direction. Sometimes it's something simple like the interval between IDR frames is longer than the timeout the device will wait for one so it can never start streaming, and sometimes it's much more complex.

toricred6

Post by toricred6 »

They're not supposed to be live until June 30. I suspect that they're just testing now and that might be the problem.

kyl416
Device ID: 1080DB11

Post by kyl416 »

toricred6 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:17 am They're not supposed to be live until June 30. I suspect that they're just testing now and that might be the problem.
Based on the "nmpbs" in his user name, along with the scampbell part, I'm guessing he's New Mexico PBS's IT Manager, which is the station that's converting to ATSC 3.0 and why he said "We are testing" in his post.
Last edited by kyl416 on Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

scampbellnmpbs

Post by scampbellnmpbs »

Thanks for the replies. I sent a link with the download to their support. You are correct on the Live date of June 30th. I work there and we are trying to get the signal to work on a consumer device. Everything we been testing on shows us video here at the station but we have not been able to get the HD HomeRun to lock video. Hoping Silicondust can see something we don't.

toricred6

Post by toricred6 »

Sorry, I missed the nmpbs. Never mind.

toricred6

Post by toricred6 »

Any luck getting this worked out?

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

scampbellnmpbs - can you please do a 30s capture so we can take a look:

http://10811bab.local:5004/auto/ch8p0?f ... uration=30

Please uploaded to a drive site like Dropbox or Google Drive then PM me the share link.

Nick

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

I ran the debug capture though our ATSC 3.0 simulated system here... it looks like the FDT is missing.

The FDT is should be on ROUTE transport-session-id 0 and transport-object-id 0. It tells the receiver where too find the SLS information.

The SLS information is right - If I manually tell the HDHomeRun where to find the SLS data the HDHomeRun plays the channel ok.

Nick

toricred6

Post by toricred6 »

How do you tell the HDHR what SLS to use? I'm seeing no data being listed and I think that's my problem with it.

scampbellnmpbs

Post by scampbellnmpbs »

Nick, Thanks for your help. There was an issue with our FDT. We worked with our transmitter vendor and were able to get the issue fixed. Once I got the Codex installed it works like a charm. Now we just have to figure out why the Sony we got does not want to work.

Best,
Steven