Audio on ATSC 3.0 (I did read other threads)

ATSC 3.0 Forum
wholybee

Audio on ATSC 3.0 (I did read other threads)

Post by wholybee »

2 PC's are connecting to the same HD Homerun. ATSC audio works in HD Homerun App on on PC, but not on the other. Both are on Windows 20H2.
2 separate codecs installed from the Microsoft store when the HD Homerun app installed. I am not sure what else might need to be installed or configured to get audio to work on the computer which still has no audio.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Audio on ATSC 3.0 (I did read other threads)

Post by nickk »

We are working on a better audio solution which we expect to beta later this month.

Nick

wholybee

Post by wholybee »

Thank you. I am an engineer at a TV station which recently launched our ATSC signal (WAVY-TV in Portsmouth). I am keenly interested in getting it working, but also to know why audio plays on another engineers desktop but not on mine.

Also, I have heard/read of a development version of the unit. Would this have features of use to me as an engineer responsible for an ATSC transmitter? Can my unit be flashed to the dev version?

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

The dev version gives more technical signal measurements (dB and dBm instead of %) and opens up more streaming options (like pcap and dash-tar) that are useful for things beyond just watching and recording TV. There's an upgrade option available for purchase in the SD shop that will unlock those features on your existing device.