ATSC 3.0 Buffalo NY Feed Issue?

ATSC 3.0 Forum
spooner1

Re: ATSC 3.0 Buffalo NY Feed Issue?

Post by spooner1 »

what i wrote was for sonic4502 as he said he could not get tvo 19.1 to show up on plex so i told him to use niagra falls ny zip code as it would show up on plex and make his kids happy

spooner1

Post by spooner1 »

heard that nbc will be broadcasting some of the olympics this year in 4k. they said gynastics and swimming would be 4k so with hope the buffalo channel 102.1 atsc 3 channel will pick up the feed for us

kyl416
Device ID: 1080DB11

Post by kyl416 »

The press release indicated that the 4K Olympics coverage is going to be limited to NBCU's cable/sat/telco/streaming partners again this year. (i.e. Xfinity X1, Altice One, FuboTV, DirecTV, Dish, FiOS, etc)

There's currently not enough bandwidth for 4K OTA when most ATSC 3.0 stations are sharing with 3-6 HD channels.

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

Only DirecTV and Comcast regularly carry live 4K programming from NBC. The only live 4K programming the other providers have carried is from Fox. That's not to say it won't change in the next month before the Olympics start, but I wouldn't count on anything unless and until someone else officially announces it.

belgiangenius

Post by belgiangenius »

nickk wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:31 pm I enabled PMs on your account. Please upload to a site like Dropbox or Google Drive then PM me the share link.

Nick
I submitted the diagnostics to tech support some time ago, but never did get an answer...

I still can't tune most of the Buffalo ATSC 3.0 channels, and it seems others here are having the same issue.

spooner1

Post by spooner1 »

the only buffalo channel that have trouble getting is channel 104.1 cbs .the channel only seams to work when there news is on at 6pm and sometimes will continue to work for wheel of fortune and jeopardy at 7pm and 730 pm . but non of there day time or prime time programs will work .i think its the channel its self that's having a problem because 2 weeks ago i used to get it all the time. all the other channels work all the time in buffalo . only some times on 149.1 t5he picture will freeze for a second and than the sound will be out of sync along with 129.1 it does it on certain programs where it will freeze sometimes and the sound will get out of sync . it happens all the time when family feud airs on buffalo 29 lol. other than that sometimes it takes 2 times to tune in the atsc 3 channels but they will work.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

belgiangenius wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:15 am I submitted the diagnostics to tech support some time ago, but never did get an answer...
I still can't tune most of the Buffalo ATSC 3.0 channels, and it seems others here are having the same issue.
I ran the capture through our system - channel 149.1 played ok. The other channels don't seem to be present, possibly on another PLP.

Does 149.1 play ok?

Nick

RonRN18

Post by RonRN18 »

spooner1 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:51 pm heard that nbc will be broadcasting some of the olympics this year in 4k. they said gynastics and swimming would be 4k so with hope the buffalo channel 102.1 atsc 3 channel will pick up the feed for us
I'm guessing that it was just a typographical error not caught, but the misspelling of "gynastics"... missing the letter "m" made me laugh. Granted, in a sophomoric way, the original word makes me laugh too. The word gymnastics originated from the Greek word "gymnazein", which literally means exercising naked. The word prefix "gyn-" refers to women or female. I'll just leave it there and still laugh in my head like I did in junior high (35+ years ago).

sonic4505

Post by sonic4505 »

thanks by changing the zip code 14301 its now working. didn't think of changing zip code closer to border. but yea working on getting the 4k channels will try channel swap to see if its works. lost audio again on android tv latest Chromecast again after update for 4k channels. video for all 4k channels come in way better signal than other channels but no audio. will try the plex (VicG1) method to use those channels.

no audio on Chromecast again had it working by manual sound options but not working after update for Chromecast
102.1 WGRZ
104.1 WIVB
107.1 WKBW
129.1 WUTV
149.1 WNYO