Factory Reset CONNECT 4k

ATSC 3.0 Forum
gasped

Factory Reset CONNECT 4k

Post by gasped »

Is it possible?

My tv tuner is getting all local HD channels crystal clear. Same antenna connection to the HDhomerun finds 0 channels.

xmguy
Device ID: 10815046, 1037F17E

Re: Factory Reset CONNECT 4k

Post by xmguy »

Check the COAX cable. Try using the cable running to the TV, and run it to the HDHR4K. Then rescan, or try the Tech software for the computer https://www.silicondust.com/support/tech/. You can manually go though each RF channel and see what comes in and how well before you do a full scan.

gasped

Post by gasped »

Thanks for the response.

For every coax cable combination I attach to the tv, channels come through fine. All of those same cable combinations come up with 0 channels when scanning on the HDHomeRun.

Signal strength according to the GUI is 14% for every channel.

Do you know if it's possible to restore?

xmguy

Post by xmguy »

As far as I know there is no factory restore option. There might be something wrong with the tuner. Contact Silicondust and see what they advise. I hate to leave you hanging. But If you're getting signals fine on your TV but nothing on the HDHR4K then it might be defective. Before that make sure you're using the latest firmware on the device.

xmguy

Post by xmguy »

One more thing. Try to upload the firmware again. Make sure it’s the standard firmware, not the beta. I tried a beta and it cleared my channel list and too said none found.

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

There's nothing to reset as there's nothing stored on the device except the channel lineup, which gets reset every time you run a new scan. Check the Send diagnostic information box on the System Menu page, run a channel scan, then post back with the device ID so SD can look at your logs and determine if there's something wrong with the device or with the incoming signal.

And don't waste your time trying to re-flash the same firmware. If the device boots, the firmware image is valid. The device literally cannot boot invalid firmware. Part of the boot process is verifying the checksum of the firmware. If the primary copy of the firmware is invalid, it will try the backup copy, and if the backup copy is also invalid (which can only happen if the hardware itself goes bad or someone desolders the chip and writes garbage to it) then it simply won't boot. That's not to say there can't be bugs or limitations in the firmware, just that if the device boots, you're guaranteed that you're running whatever SD released for that particular version.

gasped

Post by gasped »

UPDATE: I contacted SD support.

They reviewed my diagnostics and said that although it appeared my signal was very weak, that the likely issue was a defect.

They sent a new unit which arrived today. Fired it up and everything is working swimmingly. All local channels coming in with high signal strength.

Thanks everyone for your responses.