No Data for some ATSC 3.0 channels (latest FW)

ATSC 3.0 Forum
xmguy

No Data for some ATSC 3.0 channels (latest FW)

Post by xmguy »

I am getting "No Data" on these Nashville, TN ATSC 3.0 channels, in McMinnville TN. The first one decodes perfectly, rest "no data". Is this because my signal isn't strong enough to decode further in the layers? Or are these others just not transmitting?

xmguy

Re: No Data for some ATSC 3.0 channels (latest FW)

Post by xmguy »

Anyone? I’m trying to figure out how to proceed? If it’s because of low signal, no transmissions, FW issue?

kyl416
Device ID: 1080DB11

Post by kyl416 »

Most of McMinnville is in a dead spot for WUXP's RF 21 signal, so the signal is probably too weak in your area to decode the QAM256 PLP.

The QAM16 PLP is more robust and can be decoded under poor signal conditions or while you are in motion, but the tradeoff is that it provides them with a lot less bandwidth, so usually only one HD station is placed on that PLP.

xmguy

Post by xmguy »

kyl416 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:02 pm Most of McMinnville is in a dead spot for WUXP's RF 21 signal, so the signal is probably too weak in your area to decode the QAM256 PLP.

The QAM16 PLP is more robust and can be decoded under poor signal conditions or while you are in motion, but the tradeoff is that it provides them with a lot less bandwidth, so usually only one HD station is placed on that PLP.
So until EACH main channel is on it's OWN physical channel, or I get a better antenna (Which I have done. I ordered a Televes datboss lr mix, and a roof j pole.), I will not be able to get further streams within the PLP?

This is my results on WSMV (not 3.0 yet), and WKRN,etc 30.