Continuing ATSC 3.0 problems in Pittsburgh market after 20200210 firmware release - rcoups

ATSC 3.0 Forum
rcoups@comcast.net

Continuing ATSC 3.0 problems in Pittsburgh market after 20200210 firmware release - rcoups

Post by rcoups@comcast.net »

Let me know if you ever resolve your problem. I am 24 miles north of the Burgh and get 38 channels with my HD Homerun Quatro with my Clearstream 4 Max antenna. I bought the 4k (ATSC 3.0) model last fall and couldn't receive anything, not even the 1.0 channels I got before. I'll wait for awhile and try again. Thanks.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Continuing ATSC 3.0 problems in Pittsburgh market after 20200210 firmware release - rcoups

Post by nickk »

Hi,

Please enable "send diagnostic information" on the device webpage and run a new channel scan. When it completes post back with the Device ID - I will check the scan results.

Nick

rcoups@comcast.net

Re: Continuing ATSC 3.0 problems in Pittsburgh market after 20200210 firmware release - rcoups

My device is currently working fine. so I'd rather not rescan. I had a problem with the 4k ATSC 3.0 device I got late last fall and sent it back. I'll try that again at a later date. I just need to know if there is any benefit to updating the firmware version versus any possible risk. Thanks for the replay.

Rontbeamer

Post by Rontbeamer »

I’m about 23 miles north of Pittsburgh. I’m pulling 72 channels. 3 of them are ATSC 3.0. Largely no issues as far as tuning channels. I am on the latest firmware.

rcoups@comcast.net

I am happy to hear that ! It means there may be hope for me yet. I am up out of the Beaver valley, but still have some higher ground and tree lines to the South of me which doesn't help. May I ask what antenna you use, because I did notice the same antenna I have on a house on Conway-Wallrose Road past the trees I mentioned. Is that by chance you ? Thanks for your replay.

Rontbeamer

Post by Rontbeamer »

I’m in the Cranberry area. One thing I have observed is this unit is sensitive to electrical noise on the coax cable. I had to reroute some amplifier power cables away from the coax. I also found debugging turned on to be a problem. So try stunning that off. Keep pointing your antenna until you get the best quality and symbol levels you can achieve with your antenna and location.

rcoups@comcast.net

So you almost have a direct line of sight to Pittsburgh, that's why you can bring in so many channels. I don't understand your reference to debugging. Can you elaborate. Also, did you update the firmware to the current version or did your unit come with it installed ? Thanks again.

Rontbeamer

Post by Rontbeamer »

Yes I have more or less line of sight to Pittsburgh. I’m also running two antennas. One pointed towards Pittsburgh and the other at Youngstown. I can tell you my buddy west of you is getting pretty much exactly the same channels I am. He is pulling 72 channels and he is out in Raccoon TWP.

The debug checkbox is here: My.HDHomeRun.com > select the top line that describes your device (HdHomerunConnect 4K Xxxxxx) > System menu > make sure the send diagnostic information box is NOT checked.