Cannot FF - REW - PAUSE

ATSC 3.0 Forum
inline_phil

Cannot FF - REW - PAUSE

Post by inline_phil »

Just uninstalled my old Quattro 1k DVR and replaced it with a Quattro 4k DVR. NAS is a Synology 1515+ used as the external storage, NAS setup appears to be fine [read on].

4k picture is nice but having an issue with non-live functions of FF/REW/PAUSE [e.g., skip through the commercials]

While viewing a LIVE 4k program, if I PAUSE the program, the system locks up. Screen display freezes at whatever is shown at that moment and system does respond to additional commands.

Similar issue when viewing a recorded program but the screen goes blank and system becomes unresponsive to commands.

Trying these same functions with a 1k recorded program on this same NAS and everything works fine.

Tried recording from the 4k channel only or both the 1k and 4k channels with identical results.

Ideas? Suggestions?

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Cannot FF - REW - PAUSE

Post by nickk »

Hi,

What client device are you using to watch the recording?

Nick

inline_phil

Post by inline_phil »

Client viewer is an Android app from the Google Play store selected via a Fire TV Cube.

App version is 20210113

Just removed and reinstalled the app from Google Play Store.

I am mistaken about PAUSE. Since the reinstall that appears to work live but FF/REW still does not. Same behavior.

CBme

Post by CBme »

It isn't just your system. RW and FFW transport controls freezing the screen, requiring you to change channels (or close and reopen the app), has been the case for (all?) other android systems like phones and the Nvidia Shield.

inline_phil

Post by inline_phil »

CBme wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:44 pm It isn't just your system. RW and FFW transport controls freezing the screen, requiring you to change channels (or close and reopen the app), has been the case for (all?) other android systems like phones and the Nvidia Shield.
Thanks for the info. Strange that the 1k viewing/recordings FF/REW still work just fine so it must be a software issue.

CBme

Post by CBme »

inline_phil wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:58 pm
CBme wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:44 pm It isn't just your system. RW and FFW transport controls freezing the screen, requiring you to change channels (or close and reopen the app), has been the case for (all?) other android systems like phones and the Nvidia Shield.
Thanks for the info. Strange that the 1k viewing/recordings FF/REW still work just fine so it must be a software issue.
Yeah, it can still freeze/fail with 1.0 but it is more an exception. They have 3.0 working for other devices like the PC and Xbox (again with failure as the exception) so yes, I would assume that it is a solution needed for the player software on Android, not the tuner firmware.