ATSC 3.0: Seattle / Tacoma - Jan 2021

ATSC 3.0 Forum
bigdadee

ATSC 3.0: Seattle / Tacoma - Jan 2021

Post by bigdadee »

Installed latest update on android tv. KOMO and KIRO have picture, but no sound. KUNS has black screen no data available.

Tried to install latest update on FireTV, but it says that the app is corrupted and would not install. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and now it won't reinstall at all. So no more HDHR on FireTV.

Windows 10 computer has latest firmware and app. KOMO and KIRO both have very low volume when compared to the HD counterparts. KUNS is a black screen "unable to play no video data".

larrywhite

Re: ATSC 3.0: Seattle / Tacoma - Dec 15th launch

Post by larrywhite »

Firmware Version 20210105 is now available.
Haven't seen any differences between it and previous version.
Still have very low sound on 104.1 and 107.1 with Windows 10 HDHomerun app
On iPad 12.9 Pro (second gen) both 104.1 and 107.1 sound normal.

CBme

Post by CBme »

bigdadee wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:16 am Installed latest update on android tv. KOMO and KIRO have picture, but no sound. KUNS has black screen no data available.

Tried to install latest update on FireTV, but it says that the app is corrupted and would not install. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and now it won't reinstall at all. So no more HDHR on FireTV.

Windows 10 computer has latest firmware and app. KOMO and KIRO both have very low volume when compared to the HD counterparts. KUNS is a black screen "unable to play no video data".
As listed in posts above, the audio is as expected for our market currently and KUNS isn't broadcasting anything, just seem to have a placeholder. For the Firetv app, the store app is bad for some reason. See Ned's comment here: viewtopic.php?p=368834#p368834
Last edited by CBme on Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leonardobg

Post by leonardobg »

stalecheetos wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:22 am
CBme wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:26 pm Excellent! Yeah, I would just put the old one in the bin and forget it existed. :) Haven't seen that antenna before. Seems like the horizontal version of my Antop 400bv. Seems like a solid performer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuinrvaZa7Q
I've been impressed and purchased it due to the performance a friend had in a marginal signal area. As a bonus it is considerably smaller than my old one. I have it pointed south mounted on the same pole for the old antenna on my southern roof peak, but this is able to pick up KVOS from Bellingham with no break ups and can even see KBTC on RF27, though not solidly. Either way everything ATSC3 related is perfect now.

I might hook up the preamp just to see how well their variable gain works in practice.
I had significant signal fluctuation with several unwatchable low signal channels without amplification and good channels becoming too hot with amplification. While not exactly the same model I got this one from Televes https://www.televes.com/us/149483-dat-b ... tenna.htmland it has been fantastic. Now I can watch all channels I care for in the Phoenix market even the broadcasts from low powered physical channel 27 without losing the channels with stronger signal. This is a great antennae.

bigdadee

Post by bigdadee »

CBme wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:30 pm
bigdadee wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:16 am Installed latest update on android tv. KOMO and KIRO have picture, but no sound. KUNS has black screen no data available.

As listed in posts above, the audio is as expected for our market currently and KUNS isn't broadcasting anything, just seem to have a placeholder. For the Firetv app, the store app is bad for some reason. See Ned's comment here: viewtopic.php?p=368834#p368834
Yeah Silicondust sent me a link to sideload the app. I installed it and it works fine, but the HD icon doesn't show up on my list of apps. I have to launch the app through Kodi or use the FTVstick search and launch from there.

stalecheetos

Post by stalecheetos »

leonardobg wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:32 pm
stalecheetos wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:22 am
CBme wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:26 pm Excellent! Yeah, I would just put the old one in the bin and forget it existed. :) Haven't seen that antenna before. Seems like the horizontal version of my Antop 400bv. Seems like a solid performer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuinrvaZa7Q
I've been impressed and purchased it due to the performance a friend had in a marginal signal area. As a bonus it is considerably smaller than my old one. I have it pointed south mounted on the same pole for the old antenna on my southern roof peak, but this is able to pick up KVOS from Bellingham with no break ups and can even see KBTC on RF27, though not solidly. Either way everything ATSC3 related is perfect now.

I might hook up the preamp just to see how well their variable gain works in practice.
I had significant signal fluctuation with several unwatchable low signal channels without amplification and good channels becoming too hot with amplification. While not exactly the same model I got this one from Televes https://www.televes.com/us/149483-dat-b ... tenna.htmland it has been fantastic. Now I can watch all channels I care for in the Phoenix market even the broadcasts from low powered physical channel 27 without losing the channels with stronger signal. This is a great antennae.
Super impressed with the Antenna and Amp. Nothing is too hot and no multipath issues even with the amp on the ASTC1 or ATSC3 channels that are ~6 miles away. But, now my fringe signals like KBTC are stable. KBTC was my worst and I have been checking it over the last 24 hours and no dropouts yet.

Maybe I'll connect a VNA or scope to check out what's it's doing sometime.

edit: I deleted and then reposted this post because I thought it went the the wrong thread, but it looks like the old one is locked and that's why it ended up here.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: ATSC 3.0: Seattle / Tacoma - Jan 2021

Post by nickk »

A new capture of v151.1 in Seattle would help our testing if someone local is able to help...

http://hdhomerun.local:5004/auto/v151.1 ... ration=120

Replace "hdhomerun" with the device ID if you have more than one HDHomeRun.

Nick

CBme

Post by CBme »

nickk wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:09 pm A new capture of v151.1 in Seattle would help our testing if someone local is able to help...
http://hdhomerun.local:5004/auto/v151.1 ... ration=120
Replace "hdhomerun" with the device ID if you have more than one HDHomeRun.
Nick
Dropped it in the share. You wanted KUNS/Univision virtual channel captured with "dbg" (so it isn't playable), correct? Not the full Ch24? KUNS of course doesn't show as anything streaming when we use the config_gui but obviously there must be given this file isn't 0MB

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap22nCAxKBS7j-Jr9Q8 ... w?e=nOUzNk

jmcgeejr

Post by jmcgeejr »

Wanted to add, man ATSC 3.0 is so much more stable, during our massive crazy rain/wind storm I left tv on for the heck of it. And I didnt have one drop out. In the past on ATSC 1.0 it would get macroblocking and all that with just a little breeze (because of the huge fir trees between me and the towers).

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

CBme - thanks for the capture... working on it now.

Nick

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Channel 151.1 problem found and fixed - will be in the next firmware release.

Nick

CBme

Post by CBme »

nickk wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:28 am Channel 151.1 problem found and fixed - will be in the next firmware release.

Nick
Excellent! Thank you!
Now to learn Spanish..

CBme

Post by CBme »

jmcgeejr wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:02 am Wanted to add, man ATSC 3.0 is so much more stable, during our massive crazy rain/wind storm I left tv on for the heck of it. And I didnt have one drop out. In the past on ATSC 1.0 it would get macroblocking and all that with just a little breeze (because of the huge fir trees between me and the towers).
That is good news as that is probably the worst/best weather test you could have. That is almost as impressive as the fact that you didn't lose power. Do you recall if snow fall affected you on 1.0?

jmcgeejr

Post by jmcgeejr »

CBme wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:10 pm
jmcgeejr wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:02 am Wanted to add, man ATSC 3.0 is so much more stable, during our massive crazy rain/wind storm I left tv on for the heck of it. And I didnt have one drop out. In the past on ATSC 1.0 it would get macroblocking and all that with just a little breeze (because of the huge fir trees between me and the towers).
That is good news as that is probably the worst/best weather test you could have. That is almost as impressive as the fact that you didn't lose power. Do you recall if snow fall affected you on 1.0?
I dont remember, I dont think so though. I use YTTV most of the time, I am only using HDHR for fun mostly and for 4k when it finally shows up.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

New beta firmware for Seattle:
viewtopic.php?f=133&t=74898

Nick