New Firmware ...

ATSC 3.0 Forum
EddieP

New Firmware ...

Post by EddieP »

The latest firmware did nothing to improve playback ... it plays for a few seconds and stops. Portland Or.

rmoran

Re: New Firmware ...

Post by rmoran »

How did you update it? I am following the directions, but it says firmware up to date. It's showing the red X on my firmware, but then says up to date. It's from 10/2020.

CHASUT

Post by CHASUT »

New firmware is a considerable improvement for me. Now able to tune all four test channels in Austin (previously only had KEYE (CBS)). Turns out it was (and is) the worst of the bunch. All of the newly available channels play flawlessly, with out pauses, skips or funky audio problems. The KEYE (CBS) is improved as well, but I am still seeing an occasional issue with the video on the football game.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

rmoran wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:04 pm How did you update it? I am following the directions, but it says firmware up to date. It's showing the red X on my firmware, but then says up to date. It's from 10/2020.
I think I answered in your other post but the device only checks in with SD every 8 hours or when it (re)boots so it can take hours to detect that new firmware is available if you go that route. Alternatively you can download the full windows software package and it's setup will install new firmware.

gtyler

Post by gtyler »

Do you know the URL that it uses to check for new firmware?
I want to add it to some software I have that alerts me to updates.
URL could be a web service that returns json instead of html (actually, that's even better)

kyl416
Device ID: 1080DB11

Post by kyl416 »

You can just subscribe to the changelog thread, they post the details there anytime as soon as any new firmware or software comes out:
viewtopic.php?f=126&t=32339

CBme

Post by CBme »

EddieP wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:37 pm The latest firmware did nothing to improve playback ... it plays for a few seconds and stops. Portland Or.
That statement doesn't allow anyone to assist as you need to include specifics.
- Have you validated it is the current 1-04 firmware? (There were fixes in it for video stopping.)
- What device are you playing back on?
- What is the version of the player on that device? (as the player is usually the culprit in playback stopping and most were just updated as well).
- Is it all 3.0 channels or just specific ones?

In general, I would also recommend first looking to the thread for Portland to see if others are having the same issues, or if it is just you, so you can better troubleshoot and narrow the possible issue before making a new thread.

EddieP

Post by EddieP »

CBme wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:46 pm
EddieP wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:37 pm The latest firmware did nothing to improve playback ... it plays for a few seconds and stops. Portland Or.
That statement doesn't allow anyone to assist as you need to include specifics.
- Have you validated it is the current 1-04 firmware? (There were fixes in it for video stopping.)
- What device are you playing back on?
- What is the version of the player on that device? (as the player is usually the culprit in playback stopping and most were just updated as well).
- Is it all 3.0 channels or just specific ones?

In general, I would also recommend first looking to the thread for Portland to see if others are having the same issues, or if it is just you, so you can better troubleshoot and narrow the possible issue before making a new thread.
That has been taken care of .....

HDHomeRun Firmware - HDHR5-4K (20210104)
* Fix problem where some ATSC 3.0 channels would play for a few seconds then stop.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

I think the problem that was the subject of this thread has been solved. Locking this thread to avoid confusion.

Ok to start a new thread for any other issues or if I missed something in this thread.

Nick