ATSC 3.0: Seattle / Tacoma - 2020

ATSC 3.0 Forum
breakout

Re: ATSC 3.0: Seattle / Tacoma - Dec 15th launch

Post by breakout »

The app update has been much better on the Shield, and has removed the stuttering that was there. I did notice today, that when SAP is offered (nfl football), it defaults to it, and if i try to turn it off, the app crashes. If SAP isn't available, it works fine. HEVC seems to be working other than that. Edit: same problem on my android tablet.

Xbox One Series X app works fine and defaults to english as expected. So does Windows 10.

Great progress, and hopefully this helps.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

breakout wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:19 am The app update has been much better on the Shield, and has removed the stuttering that was there. I did notice today, that when SAP is offered (nfl football), it defaults to it, and if i try to turn it off, the app crashes. If SAP isn't available, it works fine. HEVC seems to be working other than that. Edit: same problem on my android tablet.

Xbox One Series X app works fine and defaults to english as expected. So does Windows 10.
It sounds like there are two issues - 1) the wrong default track is being selected, and 2) changing track is causing a crash.

Can you please try to make a format=dbg capture when there something with SAP.

Nick

breakout

Post by breakout »

Just grabbed during the game. where do i put it?

Update: checking the video, it grabbed one of the sub channels when I picked channel 13. How can i make it grab the main channel?

Also, every time i run the following:

http://hdhomerun.local:5004/tuner0/ch13 ... uration=30

i have to unplug and replug my tuner as it just returns a page not found after the first time.

CBme

Post by CBme »

breakout wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:26 pm i have to unplug and replug my tuner as it just returns a page not found after the first time.
I have my 4k tuner disabled at the moment as I have relatives watching the Hawks via Plex but I assume you are saying HDHR player is still defaulting to Spanish during the games. I noticed that last week as well but I was able to switch audio to manually 5.1 english (on the PC) but then got the usual quiet left-channel-only audio. Though that didn't work on the Shield if I recall.

For grabbing the sample, if you are using Google, try Edge as I couldn't get Chrome to work for multiple captures but had no problem doing so with Edge. Both use Chromium now so not sure what the issue is.
Last edited by CBme on Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

When you use format=dbg it grabs all sub-channels that are on that PLP.

Nick

larrywhite

Post by larrywhite »

breakout
channel 13 is on physical channel 31 for HEVC
Running latest version of Windows 10 HDHomerun I didn't have any problems with SAP on the football game.
Last edited by larrywhite on Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

breakout

Post by breakout »

Thanks, Chrome was half of the problem.

will upload a dbg grab to the onedrive listed in an above post..

i gotta quit trying to be techy during football! CAn't upload to share, so here is a share of channel 31.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnaCBILPCl7Jm6YRI73 ... A?e=xpQGZn

larrywhite

Post by larrywhite »

Just quit HDHomerun app and restarted it.
When I went to 13.1 it reverted back to spanish and had to reselect english 5.1 which has much reduced volume

CBme

Post by CBme »

larrywhite wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:57 pm breakout
channel 13 is on physical channel 31 for HEVC
Running latest version of Windows 10 HDHomerun I didn't have any problems with SAP on the football game.
Yeah, he stated, "Xbox One Series X app works fine and defaults to english as expected. So does Windows 10." It was the Nvidia Shield he mentioned it still doing the SAP thing. Test that if you have one. I have one but can't test until after this game.
Last edited by CBme on Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CBme

Post by CBme »

nickk wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:03 pm It sounds like there are two issues - 1) the wrong default track is being selected, and 2) changing track is causing a crash.

Can you please try to make a format=dbg capture when there something with SAP.

Nick
I also have added an updated clip of our Fox 13 channel recorded as ch31. The SAP audio is currently stereo English (was Spanish during the game last week) and both the PC and Nvidia Shield default to it. Changing to the 5.1 feed on the PC makes it quiet and jams the audio into one side and when the 5.1 audio is select on the Shield HDHR app crashes for me as well.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap22nCAxKBS7j-Jr9Q8 ... w?e=nOUzNk
Last edited by CBme on Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

larrywhite

Post by larrywhite »

Physical channels 24 & 31 both have the same SAP problem starting out in Spanish on channel 5.1 right now and 13.1 earlier today.

CBme

Post by CBme »

larrywhite wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:30 pm Physical channels 24 & 31 both have the same SAP problem starting out in Spanish on channel 5.1 right now and 13.1 earlier today.
Ah, yes, I see (or rather hear) the same. I think I just didn't notice what it was selecting most of the time as the second audio is usually English stereo. Does explain why the 31 channels have usually sounded ok on the PC as they were playing stereo English instead of the 5.1. The 24 channels have been defaulting to 5.1 most of the time for me which explains why they have sounded worse, with it sounding like all the speakers were in a front channel and the surrounds in the other front.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

CBme wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:55 pm I also have add an updated clip of our Fox 13 channel recorded as ch31. The SAP audio is currently stereo English (was Spanish during the game last week) and both the PC and Nvidia Sheild default to it. Changing to the 5.1 feed on the PC makes it quiet and jams the audio into one side and when the 5.1 audio is select on the Shield HDHR app crashes for me as well.
Crash problem found and fixed in the client app.

Defaulting to the wrong audio track - problem confirmed and understood... firmware fix.

Nick

CBme

Post by CBme »

Regarding video, I've gotten word back from KIRO and KOMO to confirm what is being sent:

For CH 31: "KING and KONG are 1080p 60 and KCPQ and KZJO are 720p 60"
For CH 24: KIRO is 1080i and KOMO is 720p

The change KIRO made last Monday was to somehow force the aspect ratio which is why it stopped being displayed as squished even in players that don't understand HEVC 1080i.
KUNS runs the lighthouse and he wasn't aware of any other technical changes they may have made that caused the CH24 to no longer be picked up by HDHomerun scans.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Good news and bad news...

The good news is we now have the HDHomeRun guaranteeing the order of the audio tracks matches the order from the s_tsid xml.

The bad news is that puts the Spanish stereo audio first as that track is first in the s_tsid xml.

Nick