List of Hardware and Software that Supports Dolby AC-4

ATSC 3.0 Forum
krv

List of Hardware and Software that Supports Dolby AC-4

Post by krv »

==== Reposted ====
Last edited by krv on Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

kyl416
Device ID: 1080DB11

Re: List of Hardware and Software that Supports Dolby AC-4

Post by kyl416 »

For Android phones and tablets you can install Media Codec Info from the Google Play Store. If you see "AC4" under the Audio list and "OMX.dolby.ac4.decoder" or something else that ends with ".ac4.decoder" under Codec List, you should be good, if you don't, you're out of luck until the open source community comes up with one.

krv

Post by krv »

--- reposted ---
Last edited by krv on Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

talkenrain

Post by talkenrain »

I PMed my update today

robbadler

Post by robbadler »

I would love to PM but I'm too new to the forum. My OnePlus 8 supports AC4 ( OMX.dolby.AC4.decoder)

bobchase
Device ID: 10810736

Post by bobchase »

The LG GX series does indeed have AC4 playback and the Samsung 800T has AC4 playback too.

However, the software for ATSC 3.0 hasn't been released into the wild yet for the GX series. (But 3.0 works on my prototype.)
The Samsung 800T does work on ATSC 3.0 and they continue to upgrade the software as problems are fixed.

krv

Post by krv »

Let's try this, if you PM me (to keep the thread small) I will edit this post with your changes and additions to this list. Together we can create a list of hardware and software that supports AC-4. Please include as much info as you can and include urls that show compatibility if possible. If you have used something listed as untested let me know so i can change it. Thanks for your help.

Hardware/Software supporting Dolby AC-4 Sound

Boxes/Sticks
Apple TV 4K (HDHomeRun App) (work in progress, AC-4 capable)(tested)
Roku Ultra (2020) (AC-4) (untested)
XBox One / HDHomeRun app (AC4) (tested)

Computers
2018+ series MacBook Air and MacBook Pro models running Mac OS 10.15+ - HDHomeRun (20201030, Release work in progress AC-4 capable) (tested)

Phones
Galaxy S20 FE 5G (tested)
iPhone 11 (HDHomeRun App) (work in progress, AC-4 capable)

Receivers

Software
Windows 10 - HDHomeRun from the Microsoft store (AC-4) (tested)
Apple TV 4k and iPhone - Channels app (beta release) (tested)

Sound bars

Televisions
LG OLED GXPUA Series (ATSC 3.0, AC-4) (AC-4 tested) (ATSC 3.0 awaiting firmware)
LG WX Series (ATSC 3.0, AC-4) (untested)
LG ZX Series (ATSC 3.0, AC-4) (untested)
LG CX Series 77" OLED -- HDHomeRun app (tested)
LG OLED55B7A (2017 model) (tested)

Samsung Q800T Series (ATSC 3.0, AC-4) (tested)
Samsung Q900TS Series (ATSC 3.0, AC-4) (untested)
Samsung Q950TS Series (ATSC 3.0, AC-4) (untested)

Sony XBR-X900H Series (ATSC 3.0, AC-4) (untested)

TCL Roku TVs R625, Q825, S535, and R635 series (untested)

Other
Last edited by krv on Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FFantin

Post by FFantin »

I apologise for replying, but the site won't let me PM you since I apparently "just registered" even though I've been on this site since October.

I just got a Roku Ultra (2020) and am rather angry to say that it doesn't support AC-4, contrary to what Roku themselves say. Will be returning this device and putting my old 2018 Roku Ultra back into use.

Grumbles

Post by Grumbles »

krv wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:44 pm Let's try this, if you PM me (to keep the thread small) I will edit this post with your changes and additions to this list. Together we can create a list of hardware and software that supports AC-4. Please include as much info as you can and include urls that show compatibility if possible. If you have used something listed as untested let me know so i can change it. Thanks for your help.

Hardware/Software supporting Dolby AC-4 Sound

Boxes/Sticks
Apple TV 4K (HDHomeRun App) (work in progress, AC-4 capable)(tested)
Roku Ultra (2020) (AC-4) (untested)
XBox One / HDHomeRun app (AC4) (tested)

Computers
2018+ series MacBook Air and MacBook Pro models running Mac OS 10.15+ - HDHomeRun (20201030, Release work in progress AC-4 capable) (tested)

Phones
Galaxy S20 FE 5G (tested)
iPhone 11 (HDHomeRun App) (work in progress, AC-4 capable)

Receivers

Software
Windows 10 - HDHomeRun from the Microsoft store (AC-4) (tested)
Apple TV 4k and iPhone - Channels app (beta release) (tested)

Sound bars

Televisions
LG OLED GXPUA Series (ATSC 3.0, AC-4) (AC-4 tested) (ATSC 3.0 awaiting firmware)
LG WX Series (ATSC 3.0, AC-4) (untested)
LG ZX Series (ATSC 3.0, AC-4) (untested)
LG CX Series 77" OLED -- HDHomeRun app (tested)
LG OLED55B7A (2017 model) (tested)

Samsung Q800T Series (ATSC 3.0, AC-4) (tested)
Samsung Q900TS Series (ATSC 3.0, AC-4) (untested)
Samsung Q950TS Series (ATSC 3.0, AC-4) (untested)

Sony XBR-X900H Series (ATSC 3.0, AC-4) (untested)

TCL Roku TVs R625, Q825, S535, and R635 series (untested)

Other
"Apple TV 4K (HDHomeRun App) (work in progress, AC-4 capable)(tested)", what exactly does this mean? Does the Apple TV 4K support AC-4 as it exists now, or do we wait for a software/firmware upgrade from SiliconDust? I have an Apple TV 4K on the way.

darcilicious

Post by darcilicious »

Grumbles wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:41 pm "Apple TV 4K (HDHomeRun App) (work in progress, AC-4 capable)(tested)", what exactly does this mean? Does the Apple TV 4K support AC-4 as it exists now, or do we wait for a software/firmware upgrade from SiliconDust? I have an Apple TV 4K on the way.
The AppleTV 4K works with the latest HDHomeRun software, both audio and video; however, the audio channel mapping is still a bit messy. For example, I have a 5.1.2 set up but on most tv channels, the center channel is coming out of the left or right front speaker and there's nothing coming out of either of the rear speakers...

Grumbles

Post by Grumbles »

‘The AppleTV 4K works with the latest HDHomeRun software, both audio and video; however, the audio channel mapping is still a bit messy. For example, I have a 5.1.2 set up but on most tv channels, the center channel is coming out of the left or right front speaker and there's nothing coming out of either of the rear speakers‘

Thank you for the explanation.

Grumbles

Post by Grumbles »

darcilicious wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:49 pm
Grumbles wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:41 pm "Apple TV 4K (HDHomeRun App) (work in progress, AC-4 capable)(tested)", what exactly does this mean? Does the Apple TV 4K support AC-4 as it exists now, or do we wait for a software/firmware upgrade from SiliconDust? I have an Apple TV 4K on the way.
The AppleTV 4K works with the latest HDHomeRun software, both audio and video; however, the audio channel mapping is still a bit messy. For example, I have a 5.1.2 set up but on most tv channels, the center channel is coming out of the left or right front speaker and there's nothing coming out of either of the rear speakers...

OK, I just got my Apple TV 4K. Connected to ATSC-3 channel and the audio was perfect...but, the picture was garbage. After a few seconds both the video and sound stopped. What settings on the Apple TV do I need to make this work? The video was monochrome and stuttered.

Grumbles

Post by Grumbles »

Grumbles wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:35 pm
darcilicious wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:49 pm

OK, I just got my Apple TV 4K. Connected to ATSC-3 channel and the audio was perfect...but, the picture was garbage. After a few seconds both the video and sound stopped. What settings on the Apple TV do I need to make this work? The video was monochrome and stuttered.
OK, just downloaded InstaTV Pro. Says it is a free app. That remains to be seen. However, it works with HDHomeRun and the ATSC-3 receiver. All Dallas stations are now available, clear, good sound, they are 1080i, but I can see them without stutter or monochrome. This will do until SiliconDust updates their software app.

the1mick

Post by the1mick »

hi

you might be able to clarify something for me. i've read most of the ac4, ffmpeg, atsc3 threads but am still confused on one point

i have amazon fire cube which supports Dolby Atmos Audio (not just pass through like the stick). my receiver also supports atmos.

so shouldn't this work for me with hdhr app on fire cube using hdhr4k hardware?

i certainly understand why it doesnt work feeding the signal through plex but unclear why amazon cube wouldn't solve the issue.

thanks in advance!!!

mike

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

The following Amazon models should work...
Fire TV - 3rd Gen (2017)
Fire TV Stick - 3rd Gen (2020)
Fire TV Stick 4K - 1st Gen (2018)
Fire TV Cube - 1st Gen (2018)
Fire TV Cube - 2nd Gen (2019)
Fire TV Edition - Nebula Soundbar (2019)
Fire TV Edition - ok 4K (2020)
Fire TV Edition - Grundig OLED 4K (2019)
Fire TV Edition - Grundig Vision 7, 4K (2019)
Fire TV Edition - JVC 4K (2019)
Fire TV Edition - Grundig Vision 6 HD (2019)