List of Hardware and Software that Supports Dolby AC-4

ATSC 3.0 Forum
darcilicious

Re: List of Hardware and Software that Supports Dolby AC-4

Post by darcilicious »

the1mick wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:45 am i have amazon fire cube which supports Dolby Atmos Audio (not just pass through like the stick). my receiver also supports atmos.

so shouldn't this work for me with hdhr app on fire cube using hdhr4k hardware?
Do you have your FireTV Cube connected directly to your receiver? And then the video out from the receiver to your TV? Most TVs don't support audio passthrough so you don't want this: FireTV => TV => Receiver. Instead, you want: FireTV => Receiver => TV

MongoNash

Post by MongoNash »

Nvidia Shield TV works, but I ran into some programming where the primary audio (spoken track) was getting buried behind the background noise.

ROKU Ultra 2020 DOES NOT work as of today.

The Windows app only provides one channel (left) when ATSC 3.0 is playing. This could be a provider issue and not the software.

the1mick

Post by the1mick »

yeah not sure what i was doing wrong but working now (albeit w audio challenges on amazon fire cube only providing 2.1)

so working w HDHR->amazon fire cube->receiver->TV

thanks!

the1mick

Post by the1mick »

slight clarification FWIW

denver ATSC3 channels using Amazon fire cube v2 is a mixed bag

- mostly the channels play but only get 2.1 sound
- sometimes channel 2 doesnt play with error "unable to play channel: (andriod) audio playback failed"
- in general guessing the audio feed changes based on the show? i was watching NFL pregame on channel 31 just fine. changes to game time and audio no longer worked.

HTH

mike

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Try the latest Windows 10, XBox One, or Apple TV 4K app.

We have confirmed an audio issue - fixed on Windows 10, XBox One, and Apple TV 4K. Android and FireTV release will be submitted tomorrow.

Nick

darcilicious

Post by darcilicious »

nickk wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:27 am Try the latest Windows 10, XBox One, or Apple TV 4K app.

We have confirmed an audio issue - fixed on Windows 10, XBox One, and Apple TV 4K. Android and FireTV release will be submitted tomorrow.

Nick
Hi Nick,

Can you provide more details on the "audio fix"? On the latest HDHR app on ATV4K (just downloaded via Testflight) there are still audio channel issues with some stations. Thanks!

jmcgeejr

Post by jmcgeejr »

Not sure when it was fixed but I am able to get audio now on my HDHR app on my firetv cube, before it didnt work maybe a few weeks ago when I was testing it.

darcilicious

Post by darcilicious »

darcilicious wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:33 am
nickk wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:27 am Try the latest Windows 10, XBox One, or Apple TV 4K app.

Nick
Hi Nick,

Can you provide more details on the "audio fix"? On the latest HDHR app on ATV4K (just downloaded via Testflight) there are still audio channel issues with some stations. Thanks!
Well folks, I'm done with the HDHR app for the Apple ecosystem. I'm afraid the 20210102 release (via TestFlight) is garbage; the settings page has next to nothing on it and none of the ATSC 3.0 channels are tuning on the Apple TV 4K. And once again, there is no announcer audio (center channel?) for FOX in Portland (12.1) on my iPhone 11 Pro.

I'll just designate the Channels app to use the CONNECT 4K and Plex to use my EXTEND and call it done. I just don't have the time or patience to be a tester any more for SiliconDust.

soulcacher

Post by soulcacher »

MongoNash wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:08 am Nvidia Shield TV works, but I ran into some programming where the primary audio (spoken track) was getting buried behind the background noise.

ROKU Ultra 2020 DOES NOT work as of today.

The Windows app only provides one channel (left) when ATSC 3.0 is playing. This could be a provider issue and not the software.
I'm only getting left-channel audio on HEVC using my Shield (with both the HDHR software and Channels). Is there some magic setting I'm missing that will make it useable on Shield TV? Note: My Shield is a 2015 Shield TV Pro.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

soulcacher wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:54 pm I'm only getting left-channel audio on HEVC using my Shield (with both the HDHR software and Channels). Is there some magic setting I'm missing that will make it useable on Shield TV? Note: My Shield is a 2015 Shield TV Pro.
For Nvidia Shield you need the app update that is being released tomorrow.

Nick - Silicondust

Gwilly7

Post by Gwilly7 »

I have the Sony X900H and can confirm that the app is currently not working. The TV's ATSC 3.0 functions needs to be activated with a later firmware update. TV is currently only using Android 9 and I have been told that AC-4 will not be possible until the Android 10 update in the future.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Gwilly7 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:23 am I have the Sony X900H and can confirm that the app is currently not working. The TV's ATSC 3.0 functions needs to be activated with a later firmware update. TV is currently only using Android 9 and I have been told that AC-4 will not be possible until the Android 10 update in the future.
What is the Device ID of your HDHomeRun?

Nick

NTC
Device ID: 10751B42, 108007F1

Post by NTC »

I have a Sony X900H but the last app available that I have 20201229. I believe there is a newer version to come out shortly.

Gwilly7

Post by Gwilly7 »

nickk wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:50 am
Gwilly7 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:23 am I have the Sony X900H and can confirm that the app is currently not working. The TV's ATSC 3.0 functions needs to be activated with a later firmware update. TV is currently only using Android 9 and I have been told that AC-4 will not be possible until the Android 10 update in the future.
What is the Device ID of your HDHomeRun?

Nick
My Device ID is 1080E55B

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Gwilly7 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:13 am My Device ID is 1080E55B
Are you running the 20210104 Android app release?

Nick