Apple TV 4K / 20201119 Release

ATSC 3.0 Forum
darcilicious

Apple TV 4K / 20201119 Release

Post by darcilicious »

Have just updated to the latest release for the Apple TV.

Still no audio on ATSC 3.0 channels :(

8.1 still doesn't show up in the guide (this after following the advice by SD to remove the ATSC 3.0 channels from the EXTEND lineup)

Sometimes, tuning from one ATSC 3.0 to the next the screen goes black, on the OSD stays visible, and the tuner doesn't show a channel being tuned. This happens only with 12.1 and 49.1.

The navigation issue where using the Menu (back) button brings up Live | Recorded screen but the focus automatically navigates away from "Live" (requiring user to manually navigate to Live) still happens; pressing Menu (back) at this point exits the app.

Waiting for the next release :)

EDIT: Similar issues for the latest iPhone app released today (20201117), no sound, sometimes tuning results in a black screen though in this case, the tuner shows the channel is tuned; sometimes (mostly on 6.1) I get the message: "Unable to play channel: No video data".

Channels app continues to tune all ATSC 3.0 channels and plays audio/video fine (on both ATV 4K and iPhone 11 Pro)

bgrubb1

Re: Apple TV 4K / 20201119 Release

Post by bgrubb1 »

In Phoenix, latest release fixes the chroma problem I was having on 2 channels showing green screens. Audio on some channels, not on others

yobyot

Post by yobyot »

The latest Apple TV app feels like a step backwards. I’m now having trouble with remembered resume after exit, menu button not working and DVR playback suddenly crashing to live TV.

Also, I don’t get why the timeline shows the original start and end times. That was then; the timeline should show current start and estimated end just like Apple TV does.

I really like having the Apple TV app. And I realize it’s new. But the app suffers from a confused UI and in this release, more bugs.

darcilicious

Post by darcilicious »

yobyot wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:36 pm the app suffers from a confused UI
Have used this app on any other platform? My experience is that's close to mimicking the same app on other platforms...