Quatro 4k/ATSC 3.0 Status

ATSC 3.0 Forum
yourpalfranc

Quatro 4k/ATSC 3.0 Status

Post by yourpalfranc »

I participated in the Kickstarter for the new Quatro 4K knowing that life on the bleeding edge is just that. I didn't expect everything to be perfect. But, what has me disappointed and frustrated is the lack of communication about the product's status?? I've had my unit for more than a month and ATSC 3.0 basically doesn't work for any of the 3 stations I can receive from the Pittsburgh market. The issues of freezing and sketchy audio are well documented throughout the forum. During that period, I haven't gotten a single Kickstarter group email update about what's going on, and Nov. 8th was the last general update from a SD developer. Heck, unless you keep your nose to the grindstone which is this forum, you'd have no idea about the issues.

I'd love to see the folks that pledged financial support for SD in this endeavor treated with a bit more respect in the form of better communication about what's going on, if only on a weekly basis. Surely, SD has a communications team that could handle that? I can be very patient, but I don't appreciate being treated like a mushroom, and I don't feel like it's a lot to ask.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Quatro 4k/ATSC 3.0 Status

Post by NedS »

Our apologies for the lack of updates. At this point efforts are being focused on hunting down these various issues, finding out what the cause is and if it's on our side or the broadcaster side, trying to enable AC-4 support on all licensed platforms/hardware, etc. We are reluctant to announce anything until that development work is further along/has results, as we do not want to misinform anyone. It can be slow, tedious, and boring work, but we will definitely make sure everyone is alerted of significant developments.

yourpalfranc

Re: Quatro 4k/ATSC 3.0 Status

Post by yourpalfranc »

Thanks, NedS, and I know you're working on it, but it's just frustrating not to hear anything at all.