Billing and Shipping Error

ATSC 3.0 Forum
AsyncAwait

Billing and Shipping Error

Post by AsyncAwait »

I ordered an HDHomerun from the website, not as part of the kickstarter.
An hour after ordering, I decided that the Dev version would be better suited to my needs, so I opened a ticket and requested an order cancellation.
I was ensured that a the order would be cancelled, and I could go ahead and order the dev version.
We will cancel the order and then you can place a pre-order for the dev version.
Instead I was shipped and billed for the original order, and I notified support as soon as it came.
Support responded:
It might have slipped out and shipped before we could pull it off the pile to go out via FedEx, are you still wanting to place the order for the DEV version, we can send that out and a return label for the one you currently have.
Except the DEV version arrived anyway, and had no return slip inside.

There is no discernable difference between the two devices, both have the same model number, and I can't tell if one of them is unlocked for dev use.
I am now down $500, have no idea if one of the devices I have is a DEV version, and it was been radio silence on my support ticket for over a week.
Normally I would deal with this type of issue through support, but my emails, ticket responses, and calls to the office have gone ignored.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Billing and Shipping Error

Post by nickk »

Hi,

What is the ticket number? This should have been handled by our support team so I will check what happened.

You ordered both a 4K and DEV (two orders) and have both units correct?

Both are the same hardware. If you post the Device IDs I can check which one is which.

Nick

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

FYI (mainly for others who wish to do something similar), It would most likely have been far easier to later order the DEV update then to mess around with canceling an order and ordering another unit... [MOD EDIT: removed link. Customers should contact SD directly for options on upgrading to the dev firmware - NS]

Of course it probably would have been more easily apparent for one to do so if such an update was more easily found in the online store.

AsyncAwait

Post by AsyncAwait »

Ticket: 139842

Device IDs:
The first device id: 108092E2 was received first, and is presumably the non-dev version.
and
10807BC8 which was received second, and is listed as the dev version in the order.

Thanks nickk.

AsyncAwait

Post by AsyncAwait »

signcarver:
I know that now, I wish I would have known that when I ordered. It would have saved everybody a lot of trouble.

Unfortunately, the upgrade isn't listed as an option on the main shop page. It's only on the secret menu.