ATSC 3.0: Denver - 2020

ATSC 3.0 Forum
ppasteur

Re: ATSC 3.0: Denver

Post by ppasteur »

You are right, of course.. What made me curious about the report @Rouvycd made is that he says his system is using 2 and 3. So it would seem he is probably not using the ATSC 3 stations.
Which is why I mentioned it...

Anyway, thanks for the clarification!
Last edited by ppasteur on Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rouvycd

Post by Rouvycd »

ppasteur wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:55 am I am glad that it is working well for you. Great!
The only system I have not played with yet is the ATV4K. I will have to try to do that. Where is the HDHR record server running in your system?
BTW, from memory, tuner 1 and 2 are the tuners that can do ATSC3. Stations tuned on 3 will be ATSC1.
In my system the ATSC3/HEVC/AC4 stations were always tuned on tuner 1 first, then on 2.
I’m running on a custom image channels released last month for the RPI 4 and USB external WD drive. They took a lot of the guess work out if it. Thus I really didn’t get to learn much figuring out the setup up. So it sounds like my luck is that I’m picking up 1.0 feeds vs 3.0. I’m new enough at this that I don’t know any better just taking what the tuner is giving. Also I haven’t had to go over 2 tuner usage yet either to force the issue.

darcilicious

Post by darcilicious »

The way it's supposed to currently work with the HDHomeRun app is that if you're tuning an ATSC 3.0 channel, then the HDHR app will use tuner 0 and/or tuner 1. I don't know how the Channels app is deciding which tuner to use but it makes the right decision for me, e.g. I just tuned an ATSC 3.0 channel and the Channels app is using tuner 1 and when I tuned a second ATSC 3.0 channel, tuner 0 is being used. So it's all good :)

Rouvycd

Post by Rouvycd »

I tried again. It’s making more sense and using tuner 0 or 1 vs 2 or 3 depending on the channel using Channels app or the he HDHomeRun app. Not sure what I was seeing on the initial setup Monday. Appreciate the help and input today. Also think I now see some of this issues being discussed while doing further live testing.