Connect4k Tuner Strength

ATSC 3.0 Forum
flipperlmnop

Re: Connect4k Tuner Strength

Post by flipperlmnop »

maurer14 wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:12 am
flipperlmnop wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:50 am
maurer14 wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:53 am Is anyone else noticing considerably less tuner strength on the Connect4k than on earlier models? I can pick up 48 ota channels (10 miles south of Cleveland) with my older Extend but if I plug the same cable into my Connect 4k and run a channel scan I'm only picking up 19 channels. It seems like a hardware issue to me but open to suggestions if anyone else has seen this behavior.
10 miles SW of Cleveland here. I have the new Connect 4k as well as older HD tuners. The Connect 4K finds 76 channels.

I have two HDHomerun Duals that find 41 each.

Two HDHomerun Connects that find 67 each.

Two HDHomerun Quattros that find 68 and 60 (the one that finds 60 is on another antenna with a splitter to reduce signal - just something I'm trying).
76 wow! Is your antenna outdoors? Are you using any amplifiers? I can never seem to get close to that number with my attic antenna here in North Royalton.

Yes, two outside antennas on a chimney mount. I've got 6 of the HDHomeruns running off a DB2 like antenna, fed through an 8 port amplified Channel Master splitter. The sixth device is on a small amplified antenna by itself, and I'm messing about attenuation (the one Quatro with only 60 channels).

Note that not all of these channels will actually tune, but just what the tuners find when they do their scans.