Android App says Your Hdhomerun DVR wasn't found

ATSC 3.0 Forum
WaynoGur

Android App says Your Hdhomerun DVR wasn't found

Post by WaynoGur »

Using

HDHomeRun CONNECT 4K 1080323E
Version 20201023

The firmware update okay. I can see video and audio in the app. But when I go to the recorded section in the Android App
it says Your HdHomeRun DVR wasn't found. consequently no tasks are ever recorded.

Suggestions?

Wayno

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Android App says Your Hdhomerun DVR wasn't found

Post by nickk »

Easiest is to plug your old HDHomeRun back in (power and Ethernet) then run the app so it finds both HDHomeRun units. Then you can unplug the old one again.

Nick

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Is the HDHomeRun DVR software installed/running? We're not getting any diagnostics from it.

WaynoGur

Post by WaynoGur »

It is online. I was able to successfully register the device, and update the firmware to 20201030. The account page in the phone app shows the dvr active. However if I go to the recorded section it says DVR not found, and nothing is ever recorded. Suggestions?

I tried to purchase another license, (I am maximally frustrated) but it won't let me. I just want the thing to work. I should be getting a new quatro (my old one died after 8 months) and to be honest, I am not confident I can ever get anything to work. Did I buy a lemon? The quatro worked fine, until it died. I am not confident I could get the new quatro to work given the issues I am having getting the 4K to work.

The subscription page shows the license unassigned -- There seems no mechanism to re-assign this. It's a case of: I won't work, and you can't make me.

I do have the send diagnostics checked in the phone app. You should be seeing something btw. It has always been turned on.

Wayno

WaynoGur

Post by WaynoGur »

It still does not work. There appears to be no dvr storage assigned.

https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/dvr:storage

I went into the setup utility, into the DVR tab, and ensured that USE PC is UNchecked. Still no goodness.

Just as an FYI -- the Linux module does NOT compile cleanly. I had to use Windows to do this.

Done for the day.

Wayno

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

There's nothing to compile for the DVR. I don't think you have the DVR software installed and/or running on something that will allow it to save recordings. Follow the info wiki link for instructions on how to set it up on your preferred platform/device.