New orders

ATSC 3.0 Forum
Post Reply
richoff
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:53 am

New orders

Post by richoff »

Hurry up and order the new hardware... some leftover from the first shipment

trad
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:34 am

Re: New orders

Post by trad »

And where do you find these units at?

nickk
Silicondust
Posts: 16590
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:39 am
x 130

Re: New orders

Post by nickk »


trad
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:34 am

Re: New orders

Post by trad »

Excellent, was waiting for these excited to try it out with my NAS/PLEX hopefully the video quality is better than my Tablo. Looking to replace my aging TiVo not sure how many years it’s got left 2 gen old now.

manicslothpdx
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:04 pm
x 3

Re: New orders

Post by manicslothpdx »

Does Tablo compress what it records? With Channels DVR and Plex, they save the raw stream from the HDHomeRun, so it's about as good as it gets (MPEG2 for ATSC 1.0 and HVEC for ATSC 3.0.)

trad
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:34 am

Re: New orders

Post by trad »

manicslothpdx wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:26 pm Does Tablo compress what it records? With Channels DVR and Plex, they save the raw stream from the HDHomeRun, so it's about as good as it gets (MPEG2 for ATSC 1.0 and HVEC for ATSC 3.0.)
With the tablo they transcode everything because they don’t output the native resolution/format. So you when you watch certain things you get “chatters” and graphics can look blocky. When it records you can set it to 10MB 1080p but quality still suffers when it’s output to devices.

xmguy
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:30 am

Re: New orders

Post by xmguy »

Is there any difference in the dev version and the retail version besides the FW?

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 1888
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm
x 63

Re: New orders

Post by NedS »

xmguy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:01 pm Is there any difference in the dev version and the retail version besides the FW?
Hardware is the same. Just the dev features, that get turned on in the firmware.

xmguy
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:30 am

Re: New orders

Post by xmguy »

NedS wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:48 pm
xmguy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:01 pm Is there any difference in the dev version and the retail version besides the FW?
Hardware is the same. Just the dev features, that get turned on in the firmware.
Any chance that firmware will come to the regular ones too?

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 1888
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm
x 63

Re: New orders

Post by NedS »

xmguy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:19 pm
NedS wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:48 pm
xmguy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:01 pm Is there any difference in the dev version and the retail version besides the FW?
Hardware is the same. Just the dev features, that get turned on in the firmware.
Any chance that firmware will come to the regular ones too?
Users of the normal CONNECT 4K can upgrade to the dev features for $100: https://shop.silicondust.com/shop/produ ... r5-4k-dev/

xmguy
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:30 am

Re: New orders

Post by xmguy »

NedS wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:51 pm
xmguy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:19 pm
NedS wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:48 pm

Hardware is the same. Just the dev features, that get turned on in the firmware.
Any chance that firmware will come to the regular ones too?
Users of the normal CONNECT 4K can upgrade to the dev features for $100: https://shop.silicondust.com/shop/produ ... r5-4k-dev/
Only Linux supported over IP?

NedS
Silicondust
Posts: 1888
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:38 pm
x 63

Re: New orders

Post by NedS »

xmguy wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:33 am
NedS wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:51 pm
xmguy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:19 pm

Any chance that firmware will come to the regular ones too?
Users of the normal CONNECT 4K can upgrade to the dev features for $100: https://shop.silicondust.com/shop/produ ... r5-4k-dev/
Only Linux supported over IP?
Current dev features should work on Windows 10, macOS, and most Linux desktop distributions.

Post Reply