Unable to record with the new 4k Quatro

ATSC 3.0 Forum
yaks11

Unable to record with the new 4k Quatro

Post by yaks11 »

I received my new 4k Quatro on Saturday and tried to schedule a program to record and when I checked later it did not record. I then tried to click record on a live broadcast to see if it would record it, but it did not.

Is anyone else running into this issue? I already owned the HD Quatro (non 4k) and that worked fine for well over a year.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Unable to record with the new 4k Quatro

Post by NedS »

Can you tell me the Device ID printed on the bottom of your Q4K?

yaks11

Post by yaks11 »

Device ID: 10802882

scyto

Post by scyto »

yaks11 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:47 pm I received my new 4k Quatro on Saturday and tried to schedule a program to record and when I checked later it did not record. I then tried to click record on a live broadcast to see if it would record it, but it did not.

Is anyone else running into this issue? I already owned the HD Quatro (non 4k) and that worked fine for well over a year.
Just tried my servio and 4k bundle that just arrived - recording just fine from HD ATSC1 channel when doing manual record.

yaks11

Post by yaks11 »

Thanks for checking.

I have a Windows NAS I use to record programs from my HD HomeRun Quatro. I tried using the Windows app and the Xbox app. In both cases it says it is recording but nothing is being saved.

I just try hooking up the 4k Quatro via Plex and that one looks like it maybe recording. So, that is a work around in the near term.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

It looks like the DVR subscription isn't linked to the Q4K yet, and the other HDHomeRun was taken offline, so the DVR software thought you weren't subscribed because it didn't see a subscribed device ID.

Find your activation e-mail and click on the link again. If you can't find it, just contact us and I can look it up: https://www.silicondust.com/support/trouble-ticket/

Williams

Post by Williams »

I did this, too. I replaced my existing Connect Duo and Extend with this new single device and the DVR stopped working.

I was able to confirm by going into Settings in the HDHomeRun app and clicking on Account Information. It said DVR Active = No.

I did this to fix:
1. Went to: https://shop.silicondust.com/shop/my-account/ (login if you are not logged in)
2. Click on My Subscription
3. Click the License Manage button, find and copy the license key.
4. With your hardware plugged in and the record engine running, go to http://my.hdhomerun.com/account/register.html
5. Enter your My Shop Account e-mail address and copy your license key into the Activation Code text box
6. Click Submit
7. Wait a few minutes for the activation to process. You might want to restart the record engine after a few minutes to force a refresth
8. Check your account information again in the app and your DVR Active status should now say yes

You should now be able to schedule / manage your recordings again. Hope this helps!

yaks11

Post by yaks11 »

OK, I found my old activation e-mail and enabled the DVR subscription to my new 4k Quatro. That did the trick. Thanks everyone.