disabled channels still show in hdhomerun app?

ATSC 3.0 Forum
scyto

disabled channels still show in hdhomerun app?

Post by scyto »

Not sure if this is a HDHR5-4K unit issue or the app in general, so apologies if wrong.

I disabled the non-hd channels, however in the hdhomerun app they still are listed (though with no thumbnail and they do nothing).
I was expecting disabled channels to disappear from the app.

Troubleshooting step tried = restart app.

(note i would have preferred to just have a setting the app to only show favorite channels by default)

--edit--
seems to be a time vector to this, 10 mins later another app reboot fixed

NedS
Silicondust

Re: disabled channels still show in hdhomerun app?

Post by NedS »

The DVR probably cached the channel for a moment, then re-synced with the tuner.

scyto

Post by scyto »

NedS wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:08 pm The DVR probably cached the channel for a moment, then re-synced with the tuner.
i think that answers a separate architecture question i had - does the app automatically choose the servio or the tuner to watch live TV :-)
so does this mean path is user > servio > tuner?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

scyto wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:21 pm
NedS wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:08 pm The DVR probably cached the channel for a moment, then re-synced with the tuner.
i think that answers a separate architecture question i had - does the app automatically choose the servio or the tuner to watch live TV :-)
so does this mean path is user > servio > tuner?
Normally it will try to go through the DVR/SERVIO. If the DVR runs out of slots (SERVIO has 4 outgoing slots, PC/NAS defaults to 16), or if it's a legacy tuner that doesn't support DVR, or if it's a DRM-restricted cablecard channel, then the app will use a direct connection with the tuner.

This enables two features:

1) it increases the live TV/pause buffer (including on clients that don't have enough RAM for their own live pause buffer)

2) enables tuner sharing, which means if two people are watching the same channel, the SERVIO will distribute that and only consume a single tuner

scyto

Post by scyto »

NedS wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:34 pm This enables two features:

1) it increases the live TV/pause buffer (including on clients that don't have enough RAM for their own live pause buffer)

2) enables tuner sharing, which means if two people are watching the same channel, the SERVIO will distribute that and only consume a single tuner
Sweet, nice design decision, thanks all.