Arrived today...

ATSC 3.0 Forum
AKADAP

Arrived today...

Post by AKADAP »

My HDHR5-4k arrived today.
I have it configured in MythTV on Linux, and it appears to be working.
This new box does not have any indicator LEDs on the front of the unit. There appears to be one on the back for the network connection, but the location I have it installed make it difficult to see the back of the unit.
The power supply is not compatible with older units. The connector is different. The power supply is 5V 1.5A (Older units are 1A). The center pin of the connector is much smaller than the center pin of the older units.
The bottom of the unit is bare aluminum.
I was having dropouts on channels with 100% signal strength, 100% Signal Quality, and 100% symbol quality when watching live TV using VLC started through the HDHomeRun Config GUI, but seemed to work without issues on MythTV.
I may have a chance to try it with ATSC 3.0 when I next visit Santa Barbara. There are no ATSC 3.0 stations in San Francisco yet.

Lost Dog

Re: Arrived today...

Post by Lost Dog »

AKADAP wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:09 pm My HDHR5-4k arrived today.
I have it configured in MythTV on Linux, and it appears to be working.

I was having dropouts on channels with 100% signal strength, 100% Signal Quality, and 100% symbol quality when watching live TV using VLC started through the HDHomeRun Config GUI, but seemed to work without issues on MythTV.
I may have a chance to try it with ATSC 3.0 when I next visit Santa Barbara. There are no ATSC 3.0 stations in San Francisco yet.
Does it record / playback ATSC3 content with MythTV without issue or is this ATSC1.0? Can you have it make 3.0 a priority for recording?

AKADAP

Re: Arrived today...

Post by AKADAP »

Two problems: ATSC 3.0 is not yet being broadcast in my area, and MythTV does not know anything about ATSC 3.0.
Seems to work fine with ATSC 1.0 in MythTV though.