Case Form Factor

ATSC 3.0 Forum
Techrep

Case Form Factor

Post by Techrep »

Nick,

Is this the final form factor of the Connect 4K?

I ask because on my HDHomerun there are flanges that facilitate the mounting of the device. In my particular use case I have it attached to the underside of my work table which kept the cabling away from very sharp kitty teeth. :roll:

I can see the use case for mounting it to a backboard in an MPOE or other location. In my experience using Velcro™ is adequate but it tends to dry out and then fall apart. Using StakOn's and ty-wraps is another method but again kind of messy.

Thanks for a great product!
-Chris

Techrep

Re: Case Form Factor

Post by Techrep »

My apologies, I noted that a similar question was asked in another section of the forum.

I did open mine up and noted that the aluminum plate on the back also doubles as a heatsink. I'm betting that a plate with mounting tabs could be machined out of aluminum with relative ease.

While voiding warranties of course!

-Chris

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

BTW -the HDHR5-2US, HDHR5-4US, and HDHR5-4K are all the same size.

tvdust

Post by tvdust »

Techrep wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:23 pm Is this the final form factor of the Connect 4K?
Can someone post a pic?

I'm waiting on mine, but the Kickstarter pic looks the same as my current box. Maybe thinner?

demonrik
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377, 108042A1

Post by demonrik »

tvdust wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:05 pm
Techrep wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:23 pm Is this the final form factor of the Connect 4K?
Can someone post a pic?

I'm waiting on mine, but the Kickstarter pic looks the same as my current box. Maybe thinner?
what's your current box?
It's identical to the hdhr5 connect 2 and 4 tuner boxes.
All connections are the same too.
The only give away is the sticker underneath - or possibly the plastic around the screw mounts have different color, but that could be just a supply difference.

tvdust

Post by tvdust »

demonrik wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:15 am what's your current box?
I have an older silver curvy HDHR4-2US HDHomeRun CONNECT, and a newer black rectangular HDHR5-2US HDHomeRun CONNECT DUO. Sounds like the HR5s are all the same, which is fine.

The HR4 has LED indicators showing which tuner is in use, a handy feature that the HR5s sadly lack. and one that I'd like to see brought back, only they should be on the same side as the network status LED, so you wouldn't have to choose which ones you can see.