List of ATSC 3.0 stations?

ATSC 3.0 Forum
r8ders2k

Re: List of ATSC 3.0 stations?

Post by r8ders2k »

For those of you in San Francisco Bay Area, I tried to reach out to most (all?) the major stations and so far ONLY reply I got was from KQED and their response was, "ATSC 3.0 transition is being considered now but isn’t on the roadmap until 2022."

DennyA

Post by DennyA »

scyto wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:16 pm i guess once we have channels maybe we should have a seattle area thread? reddit? or discord? i have discord server if we want.
Another Seattleite here! (Duvall, actually, but in range of Seattle stations.)

Oddly, this thread claims King 5 switched on ATSC 3.0 a while back. But I didn't get anything on my setup of the new tuner today, just regular stations.
https://www.dbstalk.com/community/index ... on.229447/

King 5 did do something, though, as previously their signal had gone to hell and it was the one HD station that would often glitch, and now it's back to being as solid as the rest.

jmcgeejr

Post by jmcgeejr »

DennyA wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:26 am
scyto wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:16 pm i guess once we have channels maybe we should have a seattle area thread? reddit? or discord? i have discord server if we want.
Another Seattleite here! (Duvall, actually, but in range of Seattle stations.)

Oddly, this thread claims King 5 switched on ATSC 3.0 a while back. But I didn't get anything on my setup of the new tuner today, just regular stations.
https://www.dbstalk.com/community/index ... on.229447/

King 5 did do something, though, as previously their signal had gone to hell and it was the one HD station that would often glitch, and now it's back to being as solid as the rest.
Confirmed that king 5 is not ATSC 3 per their engineer, I know they repacked back in october 2019 when did it get better for you? Maybe it's just that it's fall and the trees are losing their leaves?

DennyA

Post by DennyA »

Thanks for confirming. I'd given up on watching NBC live last year since about the only thing I watch on the network anymore is SNL and the late-night talk shows, so I hadn't even tried until I got my new tuner. So not sure when it got better.

Exciting to hear we'll be able to try the new capabilities in December.

r8ders2k

Post by r8ders2k »

r8ders2k wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:44 pm For those of you in San Francisco Bay Area, I tried to reach out to most (all?) the major stations and so far ONLY reply I got was from KQED and their response was, "ATSC 3.0 transition is being considered now but isn’t on the roadmap until 2022."
Just heard back from KOFY TV20, "We are currently evaluating an ATSC 3.0 transition with no definitive timeframe. We will be sure to let our viewers know when they can expect an ATSC 3.0 signal."

CBme

Post by CBme »

DennyA wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:56 am Thanks for confirming. I'd given up on watching NBC live last year since about the only thing I watch on the network anymore is SNL and the late-night talk shows, so I hadn't even tried until I got my new tuner. So not sure when it got better.

Exciting to hear we'll be able to try the new capabilities in December.
I posted about this king 5 thing about 5 months back and also got confirmation that it was a false post. I reached out to all the stations and the few that replied said they don't have any near term plans.
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/seattl ... t-59670218

The way to see if any are doing something is to check the FTC applications. They can't start broadcasting until after they apply and are approved to do so.
https://enterpriseefiling.fcc.gov/datae ... earch.html
Select:
Purpose: Modification of License (NextGen)
Service: Full Service Television
State: WA

N5XZS

Post by N5XZS »

Any news for Albuquerque's TV market on ATSC 3.0? 8-)

Hopefully sooner the better! :D

NTC
Device ID: 10751B42, 108007F1

Post by NTC »

Mobile/Pensacola stations started their ATSC 3.0 transmission today (with hiccups).

WJTC 44.1, WEAR 3.1, and WPMI 15.1 are on RF 35.
WFGX 35.1, WKRG 5.1 and WFNA 55.1 on RF 27. The last 2 have no data as of now.