Canada?

ATSC 3.0 Forum
The_Jonathan
Device ID: 10715F9E

Canada?

Post by The_Jonathan »

Will you ship to Canada ? Kickstarter mentions Usa.

I haven’t followed anything about ATSC 3.0. Will it come to Canadian market ? Can Canadian use the OTA atsc 3.0 signal like we can do for 1.0 ?

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Canada?

Post by nickk »

The HDHomeRun QUATRO 4K will work the same as the HDHomeRun CONNECT QAUTRO in Canada (4 x ATSC 1.0 tuners).

If you can pick up some USA channels you might get ATSC 3.0 with the QUATRO 4K.

Shipping to Canada is a little expensive and selling the product in Canada requires French language packaging.

I will talk with our shipping expert to see if there is something we can make happen.

Nick

Dartman

Post by Dartman »

Well you could get a friend across the border to get it and then you pick it up from him I spose as long as going back across with it won't cause other issues. I've ordered things from Canada before and they took longer but no issues but not sure what it would be like now going back over to you.

NefCanuck

Post by NefCanuck »

Yes please nickk, I'd be willing to be a guinea pig up here in Canada too (the Kickstarter tries to set a US shipping address, so I can't pledge there.

NefCanuck

jmignella

Post by jmignella »

Dartman wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:00 pm
Well you could get a friend across the border to get it and then you pick it up from him I spose as long as going back across with it won't cause other issues. I've ordered things from Canada before and they took longer but no issues but not sure what it would be like now going back over to you.
In case you are like me and don’t have friends, you could use a cross border delivery service like www.borderlinx.com. It adds a bit of cost to the transaction, but it keeps us Canadians from being shutout of opportunities like this and in the long run, is cheaper than having cross border friends.

charles

Post by charles »

They said in the other thread they added a shipping option for Canada for $10 :)