ATSC 3.0 Forum
though

Re: HDHomeRun QUATRO 4K for ATSC 3.0

Post by though »

demonrik
Device ID: 10736454, 1073A35A, 1075C377, 108042A1

Post by demonrik »

though wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:59 pm Great info, thanks for sharing. So why is the 1080p/59.94 using much less bandwidth compared to 720p/29.97 ???
you have to ask the broadcasters that.
I suspect the statmux is preferring the first channel - 10.1, and it just gets more bits.. TBH I would have expected 1080/60 round 4Mbps and 720/30 around 2. So is curious why 10.1 gets so many bits!...
And honestly the 1080/60 looks really good at ~4Mbps
I don't see any HDR - but not surprising either.. AFAIR should be HLG for ATSC3, so will need to find HLG equipped player to test, otherwise will just do SDR (which is why they use HLG ;))
bgrubb1 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:06 pm Nvidia shield reports "Unable to play channel - End of audio stream"
I see the same - annoying..
Trip wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:59 pm Any luck tuning KFPH-CD?
I only tune the ATSC1 version (chandler) on Ch33-6

ryand

Post by ryand »

Does anyone know a way to check if I have the dev options enabled? I bought a DEV unit and it upgraded the firmware when it first detected it but then I ty to run the dev commands listed here: viewtopic.php?f=133&t=74254
I get 503 errors. I also never saw it do the second reboot nickk sent out in the email. I'm running Hardware Model HDHR5-4K Firmware Version 20201009

I see someone mention upgrading the firmware on the device page but I don't see that option.

I also cannot tune any ATSC 3 stations. I have used VLC and the HDHomerun app for Windows. I have 3 channels listed HVEC. Once is the Fox station in Dallas so I assume thy are up and running transmitting video.
Thank you for any advice.

plnota

Post by plnota »

ryand wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:36 pm Does anyone know a way to check if I have the dev options enabled? I bought a DEV unit and it upgraded the firmware when it first detected it but then I ty to run the dev commands listed here: viewtopic.php?f=133&t=74254
I get 503 errors. I also never saw it do the second reboot nickk sent out in the email. I'm running Hardware Model HDHR5-4K Firmware Version 20201009

I see someone mention upgrading the firmware on the device page but I don't see that option.

I also cannot tune any ATSC 3 stations. I have used VLC and the HDHomerun app for Windows. I have 3 channels listed HVEC. Once is the Fox station in Dallas so I assume thy are up and running transmitting video.
Upgrade option is under System Status > Firmware Upgrade

The ATSC 3 station in Dallas (KSTR) is having some issues. A few weeks back, they filed a notice to the FCC that they were having issues with their encoder. So until the encoder is fixed, all we can do is see the program list.

ryand

Post by ryand »

plnota wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:44 pm
ryand wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:36 pm Does anyone know a way to check if I have the dev options enabled? I bought a DEV unit and it upgraded the firmware when it first detected it but then I ty to run the dev commands listed here: viewtopic.php?f=133&t=74254

Upgrade option is under System Status > Firmware Upgrade

The ATSC 3 station in Dallas (KSTR) is having some issues. A few weeks back, they filed a notice to the FCC that they were having issues with their encoder. So until the encoder is fixed, all we can do is see the program list.

Awesome thanks for the info. Looks like I'm up to date. I wasn't sure if there was a way to upload a firmware manually. The station encoder being down might also be the reason I'm getting the 503 error.
Thanks for your help.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 10802091 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

The previous error prior to new firmware was 400-bad request. I'm probably going to have to get myself a non-dev unit so I can compare some things as I'm not sure if that is the behavior of a non-dev unit as it appears to ignore such format requests on non atsc 3.0 stations...really would appreciate a DevEnabled=1 show up in discover.json when such features are enabled.

n9lya1

Post by n9lya1 »

I am afraid there are no active ATSC 3.0 stations near me.. either in Louisville, Indianapolis, or Terre Haute. But that was my expectations.. was kind of hoping by now there could have been 1 or 2..
With that said I am still 150% Satisfied. I am fully ATSC 3.0 ready.
All 24 stations as I had previously mentions come it great with the New HDHomerun 4lk
So much so I can now watch them via any home device and even cell phone remotely directly with the HDHomerun app with perfect clarity. No buffering, no delay no pixilation. I no longer have to use Serviio Pro to watch any thing like i previously had too... some how serviio Pro must have stayed ahead of the buffer and pixilation issues. I can still use Serviio Pro if I want. But there is NO Need. Great Job Engineers, and assemblers in putting these to market....

Were can we with Dev Units gather and openly discuss our ideas?
jerry

though

Post by though »

n9lya1 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:59 am So much so I can now watch them via any home device and even cell phone remotely directly with the HDHomerun app with perfect clarity.
How are you watching your HDHR on your cell phone remotely directly?

ChrisG683

Post by ChrisG683 »

Central Dallas person here, received my unit today and I'm currently only seeing 1 HEVC channel right now, "UNM 2".

Guess I shouldn't have expected much, but at least the unit is working well, FOX is perfect at the moment. I just wish I didn't have so many obstructions around my antenna :lol:

though

Post by though »

Got my unit in today too. Nebraska. Plugged it in, did a firmware upgrade then channel scan. No HEVC for me yet, hopefully soon. Appears to work flawlessly with Emby so far :D

mooninite

Post by mooninite »

My 4K came in today and I am also in the Dallas area. Only the 1 ATSC 3 station as mentioned in other comments and I cannot tune to it either. All 4 tuners work for ATSC 1 content though so that's nice. Upgrade for me coming from a HDHR4-2US.

Thanks, Nick, and company. I'm looking forward to seeing more 4k channels come online.

Beerman

Post by Beerman »

Got mine today as well. Seemed it was already updated to the latest firmware.
Things are working just fine. Now I just have to wait until sometime in 2021 for locals to get in line. But another tuner is always welcome here.

menkelis

Post by menkelis »

Just received my QUATRO 4K today.
I’m in Portland Oregon.
Now have eight tuners online.

After scanning for channels, I am not seeing any flagged as HVAC.
There are supposed to be seven ATSC 3.0 channels being broadcast in the Portland market.
Last edited by menkelis on Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

scheb

Post by scheb »

mooninite wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:50 pm My 4K came in today and I am also in the Dallas area. Only the 1 ATSC 3 station as mentioned in other comments and I cannot tune to it either. All 4 tuners work for ATSC 1 content though so that's nice. Upgrade for me coming from a HDHR4-2US.

Thanks, Nick, and company. I'm looking forward to seeing more 4k channels come online.
Sadness. I'm in Dallas area too and also getting the Unable to play channel: Unknown Channel error. Oh well. Everything else working great though. Just need to find a better antenna (or a pair of rabbit ears) to get my lone VHF channel to come in!

CubsWin

Post by CubsWin »

I received my 4K Quatro yesterday and set it up to replace my Scribe. I don't have any ATSC 3.0 channels in my area yet, but my initial impression of the device is that it is incredibly finicky with channel scanning. Channels that I have received reliably for years will disappear and reappear from one scan to the next. I'm going to continue monitoring for a few days, but I'm not sure the device is useable for me in this state.