HDHomeRun QUATRO 4K for ATSC 3.0

ATSC 3.0 Forum
peanutbutter71

Re: HDHomeRun QUATRO 4K for ATSC 3.0

Post by peanutbutter71 »

r8ders2k wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:04 pm
peanutbutter71 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:01 pm Do you get Heroes and Icons? I can't get that here reliably.
Yes, I'm getting KTLN 25 on 68.1, KTLN-HD.

I'm jealous, maybe there's someway we could share our missing channels lol.

mankOKC

Post by mankOKC »

In OKC, ATSC 3.0 is active. After two indoor antennas didnt bring in good signals for the HDHomeRun, purchased a roof antenna. Willing to invest, I'm excited for this tech. However, still jittery channels, no sound on some channels, and nothing looks even 1080p. The picture via the HDHomeRun is no better than 1.0, on any channel. Plus the no sound thing is ridiculous. Has anyone had success with this thing and 3.0? I see no point to keep this HDHomeRun. Might as well revert back to 1.0, which is better picture and there's sound. Would love some insight from anyone in this forum. Are my expectations off? Havent seen many positive posts on this forum. Is this a scam? Bottom-line, so far this is a waste of time and money.

peanutbutter71

Post by peanutbutter71 »

mankOKC wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:30 pm In OKC, ATSC 3.0 is active. After two indoor antennas didnt bring in good signals for the HDHomeRun, purchased a roof antenna. Willing to invest, I'm excited for this tech. However, still jittery channels, no sound on some channels, and nothing looks even 1080p. The picture via the HDHomeRun is no better than 1.0, on any channel. Plus the no sound thing is ridiculous. Has anyone had success with this thing and 3.0? I see no point to keep this HDHomeRun. Might as well revert back to 1.0, which is better picture and there's sound. Would love some insight from anyone in this forum. Are my expectations off? Havent seen many positive posts on this forum. Is this a scam? Bottom-line, so far this is a waste of time and money.
It seems like it still needs time to mature both the broadcast and the reception. I don't understand though because ATSC 3.0 is supposed to, to a degree, remove the need for an outdoor antenna. I don't think it's a scam, but at this point anyone trying it is a very early adopter and I think anything you report will help work the kinks out. I really wanted to be an early adopter too but the lack of open support for AC-4 audio is a show stopper.

Dartman

Post by Dartman »

Well AC4 works on windows 10 so sound now works on it at least. Most of the broadcasters are doing whatever trying to dial their broadcasts in. They aren't even doing 4k yet on most of them according to a guy who posted here that they only do 720 or a 1080 for now. They'll eventually get the popular apps supporting AC4 or new ones will work.

akgolf

Post by akgolf »

mankOKC wrote: Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:30 pm In OKC, ATSC 3.0 is active. After two indoor antennas didnt bring in good signals for the HDHomeRun, purchased a roof antenna. Willing to invest, I'm excited for this tech. However, still jittery channels, no sound on some channels, and nothing looks even 1080p. The picture via the HDHomeRun is no better than 1.0, on any channel. Plus the no sound thing is ridiculous. Has anyone had success with this thing and 3.0? I see no point to keep this HDHomeRun. Might as well revert back to 1.0, which is better picture and there's sound. Would love some insight from anyone in this forum. Are my expectations off? Havent seen many positive posts on this forum. Is this a scam? Bottom-line, so far this is a waste of time and money.
I live about six miles east of Arcadia Lake and I’m using a flat indoor antenna and get all of the major networks and most of the rest. The signal quality is excellent on the major networks, but no sound on 3.0 channels. Still a work in progress, but should get there. I’m not sure if any of the broadcasters plan on doing 4K, but now they can.

This is a new product on the cutting edge and we’re all essentially beta testers. That’s pretty much what I expected when I did the Kickstarter. I’m actually surprised that OKC is doing it this early.

likeaw

Post by likeaw »

Having issue with HDHomeRun Connect 4K when tuning Fox 4.1 here in DFW. My Roku 4k, Windows 10, and Android Tablet all get black screen and no audio on this channel only. The android gives a codec error and goes back to record default screen. Windows 10 gives all tuners busy and goes to default record screen. Roku 4k is black screen the same. This is the only station broadcasting in 4K that I want to watch. Others (4K) are broadcast in spanish but disabled due to that. All 40+ channels broadcast in HD or SD are received fine. This also messes with the items being recorded on Fox 4.1 only 4.2 etc is in SD are fine. Will disable the 4K tuner for now as record daily on 4.1. Any ideas?

Just tried 49.2 and get the same thing. HEVC broadcast there also. All devices are also on current version.

wilme2

Post by wilme2 »

I am watching Fox 4.1 ATSC 3.0 on Windows 10 today (TCU vs WV). Video and audio are working as expected. The app freezes about every 15 minutes and I have to change channels to get it to restart, but otherwise watchable. I wish I had a way to see the format being transmitted- I think the framerate might be a little low.