HDHomeRun QUATRO 4K for ATSC 3.0

ATSC 3.0 Forum
nickk
Silicondust

Re: HDHomeRun QUATRO 4K for ATSC 3.0

Post by nickk »

flying4fun wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:54 am from the HDHOmeRun CONNECT 4K device url, I run the detect channels and sometimes see the atsc 3.0 here. I've run it a few times and sometimes they don't show up. I would have thought it had to do with low signal, but using the hdhomerun-config-gui I can scan and see atsc3:19 channel. It says 72% signal strength and 100% signal and symbol quality. Unfortunately, when I try to view, it sits there forever.

They show up as 5001 - 5004, that sound right? I believe I should have 4 atsc 3.0 channels here:
5001 14.1 KJZZ
5002 30.1 KUCW (no data)
5003 2.1 KUTV (no data)
5004 4.1 KVTX (no data)

I see the 4, but 3 show no data. Is it possible they currently not fully online?
With ATSC 3.0 "no data" usually means the data is on a different PLP.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

captain_video wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:35 am Got an email from SD yesterday about the units being shipped. It says that if I haven't received a shipment confirmation to visit the Kickstarter page to confirm my address but there's no link on the page to do so. I have no idea what to do about it at this point.
Log into kickstarter.com, click on your user icon in the top right corner, then click on the ATSC 3.0 Kickstarter link to go to the Kickstarter project page. At the top of the page should have a link to verify your address. If you can't get it to work then please open a support ticket: https://www.silicondust.com/support/trouble-ticket/

captain_video

Post by captain_video »

OK, I was able to get into Kickstarter and verify my email address if that's what you're referring to. I had never set up a Kickstarter account previously so I'm not sure if the email address is associated with the original order or not. I had to use my Apple ID because I recently closed my Facebook account and had no other option. I don't understand why I would need to do any of this since I provided all of my information when I placed the original order.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

captain_video wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 4:05 pm OK, I was able to get into Kickstarter and verify my email address if that's what you're referring to. I had never set up a Kickstarter account previously so I'm not sure if the email address is associated with the original order or not. I had to use my Apple ID because I recently closed my Facebook account and had no other option. I don't understand why I would need to do any of this since I provided all of my information when I placed the original order.
When someone logs into an existing Kickstarter account and backs a campaign, Kickstarter doesn't ask if the address on file is still good for that specific project/backer reward. Some people have older Kickstarter accounts with addresses from years ago, and have since moved, and other projects have had bad luck assuming all of the on-file addresses were good. There are a lot of ATSC 3.0 backers who had changed addresses between backing the Kickstarter in the summer and shipping out in October (now), and that was just people contacting us before we asked for address confirmation. Even with all the confirmation done now, we will likely have a few shipments where we have to track people down, so we want to minimize that as much as humanly possible, for everyone's sake.

ferrellsl

Post by ferrellsl »

bgrubb1 wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:06 pm Just received my unit in Phoenix market. I did see the post on timestamp issues in phoenix. Channel scan found the 4 ATSC channels 10.1, 15.1, 45.1 and 61.1
however I can view them on a PC with the HDHomerun app but no audio. I loaded the Microsoft ATMOS 7 day trial, still no audio.
tuning the channels on an Appletv 4K results in the video previously being watched freezes and no audio.
Ipad displays "unable to play channel"
Nvidia shield reports "Unable to play channel - End of audio stream"
Are these symptoms of the timestamp problem, or am I missing something here ??
...Barry
I live in Mesa, AZ and received my unit today (Oct 17) and have the same problems. This is the first time I've purchased a SiliconDust product so I'm anxious to see what happens now that I've created trouble ticket.

akgolf

Post by akgolf »

though wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:36 pm Any Oklahoma City fellers here?

https://tvnewscheck.com/article/top-new ... -atsc-3-0/
I just got the 4K tuner in this week. So far it’s found two of the five stations in Oklahoma City, but no audio.

darcilicious

Post by darcilicious »

akgolf wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:51 pm I just got the 4K tuner in this week. So far it’s found two of the five stations in Oklahoma City, but no audio.
No audio using what for playback / viewing?

akgolf

Post by akgolf »

darcilicious wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:02 pm
akgolf wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:51 pm I just got the 4K tuner in this week. So far it’s found two of the five stations in Oklahoma City, but no audio.
PLEX on Apple TV.

Dartman

Sound issues with 4k here too.

Post by Dartman »

Well, I'm either getting no audio through the Shield and Roku app on my TV or I get choppy and fast audio on my PC. The Microsoft store asked if I wanted to update to the HEVC driver and claimed it installed but still issues with 4k channels here in Portland Ore for me. I just suddenly started picking up the 4k HEVC streams after the update today and moving my little eBay special antenna outside on the rail of the back steps just to keep things simple for now. The antenna has to be pointed just right to get them so far and taking it higher might help with the reception as well.
So is the audio issues being worked on some more or do I need a different codec install or something and I bet the Shield and Roku have to get a separate update to get the 4k stream audio to work maybe and my PC tries to work but issues.
I have Video Redo v6 installed now and record all my captures to HEVC to save space but they are only 1080p max and everything works great with that program and all my players seem to play it video and audio just fine with whatever codecs and like that it uses to recode the captured WTV streams to MKV to save space and still have the quality. You can tell it's 4k but the video is a bit slow and juddery as well here. I have a i7 4960x with 32 gig and a 1070gtx with win 10 Pro.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

akgolf wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:04 pm
darcilicious wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:02 pm
PLEX on Apple TV.
I don't believe Plex on Apple TV supports AC-4 yet.

k2ue

Post by k2ue »

My unit was shipped First Class, but has gone 6 days since its last scan without showing up -- how do I request SD to ask for tracing?

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

k2ue wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:46 am My unit was shipped First Class, but has gone 6 days since its last scan without showing up -- how do I request SD to ask for tracing?
I just sent you a PM with the tracking number.

Nick

cubdukat

Post by cubdukat »

What’s the compatibility like with SageTV and/or NextPVR? Right now those are my primary DVR programs, but I have yet to try the HDHomerun software.

I attempted to try it out with my current HDHomerun tuner, but it’s a generation or two too old for it.

k2ue

Post by k2ue »

nickk wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:10 am
k2ue wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:46 am My unit was shipped First Class, but has gone 6 days since its last scan without showing up -- how do I request SD to ask for tracing?
I just sent you a PM with the tracking number.

Nick
I have the Tracking -- the problem is it has been 6 days since its last scan in the USPS system -- too long for First Class mail. I need you to request Package Tracking and a possible Postal Insurance claim.

DigitalBrad

Post by DigitalBrad »

nickk wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:48 pm
flying4fun wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:54 am from the HDHOmeRun CONNECT 4K device url, I run the detect channels and sometimes see the atsc 3.0 here. I've run it a few times and sometimes they don't show up. I would have thought it had to do with low signal, but using the hdhomerun-config-gui I can scan and see atsc3:19 channel. It says 72% signal strength and 100% signal and symbol quality. Unfortunately, when I try to view, it sits there forever.

They show up as 5001 - 5004, that sound right? I believe I should have 4 atsc 3.0 channels here:
5001 14.1 KJZZ
5002 30.1 KUCW (no data)
5003 2.1 KUTV (no data)
5004 4.1 KVTX (no data)

I see the 4, but 3 show no data. Is it possible they currently not fully online?
With ATSC 3.0 "no data" usually means the data is on a different PLP.
I just received my CONNECT 4K over the weekend. I live in the Raleigh area and found out WRAL lost it's experimental channel during phase 5 of the repack. After the last few firmware updates, I see 5000 unknown / 5001 unknown on my CONNECT 4K lineup. They don't do anything when I click them on the lineup or in channels. I don't have the dev firmware so I don't what to look for. We are supposed to be getting 2 ATSC 3 channels next month. Any help would be appreciated.