HDHomeRun QUATRO 4K for ATSC 3.0

ATSC 3.0 Forum
KryptoNyte

Re: HDHomeRun QUATRO 4K for ATSC 3.0

Post by KryptoNyte »

Nick, do you have a short clip of the HEVC video that you could share (raw file download)? Maybe a commercial or something that no one would care if shared.

Jsherman

Post by Jsherman »

KryptoNyte wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:39 am Nick, do you have a short clip of the HEVC video that you could share (raw file download)? Maybe a commercial or something that no one would care if shared.
I would be curious to get a sample as well!

egnlsn

Post by egnlsn »

Is the HDHomeRun app in the Roku Ultra compatible with this tuner?

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

KryptoNyte wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 11:39 am Nick, do you have a short clip of the HEVC video that you could share (raw file download)? Maybe a commercial or something that no one would care if shared.
We will have samples up for testing in the near future.

Nick

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

egnlsn wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:06 pm Is the HDHomeRun app in the Roku Ultra compatible with this tuner?
Roku will plan ATSC 1.0 channels from the HDHR5-4K. Not sure about ATSC 3.0 channels - it looks like it may require Roku to add additional codec support.

Nick

Dartman

Post by Dartman »

Well, everything must be all wrapped up as I was informed my pledge was charged today. Will be interesting to see how everything plays together with the Prime I already have. I tried the HD HomeRun app on Roku on my TCL and it sees the tuner and tries to load a channel, the light comes on, and it tries for maybe 15 seconds and drops the channel. It works fine in win 7 on WMC, the win 10 app, and Android so who knows, maybe the TCL app isn't quite there yet. I guess I need to try my old Roku Ultra box and see if it works on it, and maybe the Shield.
So I think it said June for early pledges so you think that it will still happen sometime soon in June for first batch or later?

plnota

Post by plnota »

Dartman wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:26 pm Well, everything must be all wrapped up as I was informed my pledge was charged today. Will be interesting to see how everything plays together with the Prime I already have. I tried the HD HomeRun app on Roku on my TCL and it sees the tuner and tries to load a channel, the light comes on, and it tries for maybe 15 seconds and drops the channel. It works fine in win 7 on WMC, the win 10 app, and Android so who knows, maybe the TCL app isn't quite there yet. I guess I need to try my old Roku Ultra box and see if it works on it, and maybe the Shield.
So I think it said June for early pledges so you think that it will still happen sometime soon in June for first batch or later?
Kickstarter lists the first batch for July.

Dartman

Post by Dartman »

Well wishful thinking I guess but it takes what it takes. The DVR project took a long time but it's pretty much up and running now. If they ever get the subscription movie channel part working and get it to wake up the box to record I will probably stop using media center. I tried it on plex and it worked but couldn't wake up the box to record and all that. But the one test record of a pbs car show I set on Android continues to work just fine.

hancox

Post by hancox »

nickk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:56 pm
egnlsn wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:06 pm Is the HDHomeRun app in the Roku Ultra compatible with this tuner?
Roku will plan ATSC 1.0 channels from the HDHR5-4K. Not sure about ATSC 3.0 channels - it looks like it may require Roku to add additional codec support.

Nick
I know this may cross a line, but is there a client you guys test most? Assuming windows, but any others? The roku comment is interesting...

black2002ws6

Post by black2002ws6 »

Went to the Kickstarter page but didn't see anywhere to sign up. Is the Kickstarer over and if so when would someone be able to purchase one?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

black2002ws6 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:20 pm Went to the Kickstarter page but didn't see anywhere to sign up. Is the Kickstarer over and if so when would someone be able to purchase one?
The Kickstarter is over (I think we were so excited that we forgot to make a post here about it, but we did $601K when our goal was just $50k!!), but we are evaluating things and will likely set up a preorder sometime soon. It looks like there is enough demand that we can safely do a traditional pre-order on our own shop site. Give us a couple of weeks as we figure things out with our manufacturer (and make sure all of the KS orders are taken care of, of course). We'll make an announcement on the forums and on the product mailing list for the next pre-order: https://www.silicondust.com/contact/

black2002ws6

Post by black2002ws6 »

Thanks for the quick reply.
I'll definitely keep an eye out for the pre-sale.
I live in the Tampa Bay area so should be able to make use of it soon.

jerryt

Post by jerryt »

nickk wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:54 pm
We will have samples up for testing in the near future.

Nick
When is the near future ?

plnota

Post by plnota »

Will the Kickstarter surveys be going out soon? Money was taken a few weeks ago, but I haven't gotten the survey for shipping details yet.

though

Post by though »

Hi Nick & Gang!

I am looking at purchasing a few streaming devices and would like to know which would offer the best compatibility with HDHR ATSC 3.0 / Emby without dropping big $$$ on the Nvidia Shields. Am leaning toward the new Chromecast Ultra 2 or Roku Ultras. What do you guys think? Thanks!