HDHomeRun QUATRO 4K for ATSC 3.0

ATSC 3.0 Forum
bodycount9

Re: HDHomeRun QUATRO 4K for ATSC 3.0

Post by bodycount9 »

Lost Dog wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:07 am
Having all four tuners ATSC3 would probably push the cost point up too high...

Still, with enough people maybe tuner cost can be driven down... Stretch goal?!?!
Wouldn't be too high for me and for a lot of people. Gimping the product will bring it a no sale for a lot of people

KI7IKX

Post by KI7IKX »

I cut the cord last year and have a Quattro 4 near my antenna and it feeds the home network and Plex. It has worked very well with no problems. I'm tempted to join the buyin now but concerned about buying too early and wishing I had waited for an upgraded model. I see it does software and firmware updates, maybe it will be safe to buy now?

Mike_TV

Post by Mike_TV »

When I submitted my order the counter turned over the $50K goal. Yep, it was all me! :D

scyto

Post by scyto »

Great news, backer #117 here.
Looking forward to trying this with my new LG CX OLED that arrives this week - by not buying the GX with the ATSC3 tuner I have money left over, who knew the next day after ordering this would happen.

scyto

Post by scyto »

Mike_TV wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:20 am
When I submitted my order the counter turned over the $50K goal. Yep, it was all me! :D
Awesome, we all have you to thank this will happen ;-)

scyto

Post by scyto »

ihermit2 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:45 am
There is a forum for discussing the DVR project.
This, lets keep the rehashing of 'that' topic to 'that' forum please, for the sanity of everyone.

scyto

Post by scyto »

Trip wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:41 am
What, exactly, is the difference between the developer version and the standard? I'm not really clear on that.

- Trip
Seems to be Dev firmware for capturing OTA packets i think. Apart from that it implies the HW is the same.

NefCanuck

Post by NefCanuck »

I asked this question on the Kickstarter FAQ but wanted to expand a bit on it here.

I live in Mississauga, ON Canada which means I can get signals from Buffalo, NY (in fact I can get more channels from Buffalo than I get from the Canadian sources) and if I read the post correctly, Buffalo would be on the list of markets that would get 4K OTA broadcasts.

The Kickstarter lists US only, is that a hard and fast rule or could Canadian border communities get in on this?

NefCanuck

Chupon

Post by Chupon »

So I am wondering what I'd need to use this. Anything other than an antenna?

I currently only use the 3 tuner Prime and I've been happy with it.

Will CableCARD ever support 4k content? What would be the best option to future proof myself for ATSC 3.0? Will I need any other new hardware here? New TV? New Graphics card, etc?
Last edited by Chupon on Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

SteveMcD

Post by SteveMcD »

This is really cool! I have a Gen5 Quatro unit currently and am very pleased with the way it works as well as support that I received from some issues and questions. Therefore, I am in and am supporting the kickstarter project. It looks to be 173% of the goal now so I am assuming it will happen. Look forward to receiving the hardware to try and test.

Regards
Steve

scheb

Post by scheb »

Just dusted off my DVR subscription and recently picked up a Quatro and a QNAP NAS. This is good timing. Can’t wait to experiment here in Dallas.

All I need now is an HD HomeRun app for Apple TV. I would ask for that to be a stretch goal!

Mike_TV

Post by Mike_TV »

scheb wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:40 am
All I need now is an HD HomeRun app for Apple TV. I would ask for that to be a stretch goal!
That would be cool. I'm moving from Roku to Apple TV and use Plex today.

vexingv

Post by vexingv »

I have had an HDHR Extend that has transcoding capabilities for years now. Will the new ATSC 3.0 tuner have similar transcoding capabilities either on the ATSC 3 and/or ATSC 1 tuners? What is anticipated bandwidth per ATSC stream? I ask as I have a combination of wired and wireless devices as well some devices that may not be able to play direct streams.

Lost Dog

Post by Lost Dog »

bodycount9 wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:08 am

Wouldn't be too high for me and for a lot of people. Gimping the product will bring it a no sale for a lot of people
I'll trade my limited edition commemorative coin for two ATSC3 tuners...

jbinkley60

Post by jbinkley60 »

scyto wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:21 am
Great news, backer #117 here.
Looking forward to trying this with my new LG CX OLED that arrives this week - by not buying the GX with the ATSC3 tuner I have money left over, who knew the next day after ordering this would happen.
Ditto. Backer #157 . Looking forward to this.