HDHomeRun QUATRO 4K for ATSC 3.0

ATSC 3.0 Forum
mchallis

Re: HDHomeRun QUATRO 4K for ATSC 3.0

Post by mchallis »

NedS wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:56 pm
mchallis wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:35 pm I paid $199 for the Kickstarter Apr 24th. I need to update my shipping address because I moved July 31. I sent Nick a message on Kickstarter several days ago and got no reply. How can I update my shipping address?

Thanks
We will send out what Kickstarter calls a "survey" that will ask for your preferred shipping address once the units have shipped from Taiwan, and that will be the address we will use.
Great, thanks :D

n9lya1

Post by n9lya1 »

Hello
First I want to be clear this is no COMPLAINT... It is a reality in our CoVID World.. Just wanted everyone to be a realist... And when we get our new Tuners we can celebrate be it sooner or later.. Again just FYI.

With the time it takes now to get imported items.. i.e.. China.. I will be more patient in the delivery time frame.. :) Not sure if Silicon Dust has a already established a plan or work around.. If they do it would be great.

I recently shutdown/closed/terminated my side business due to having to wait on customer orders on an avg of for 8-12 weeks up from the normal 30 days for anything from China.

Here is the history...
3 Orders never made it thru customs early on in the Pandemic and had to be reshipped total time from order to delivery 14 weeks 2 days
7 orders delivered some within 45 days in Jan and Feb then the rest took between 8-16 weeks most being right at the 12 week point..
all other orders since cancelled by the Chinese Supplier for now..

I have hopes that the suppliers shipping from Taiwan can make previous arrangements to possibly expedite Customs. But I know from Experience if you push customs.. You usually get mush longer delays. I am sure with CoVID19 they are being very heavily overworked.

See below.. I was asked to wait as long as 6 months. There is a possibly that my item was also lost or stuck out of the way it has net moved in 5 weeks. I will be patient.

I urge everyone to be patient, again when we get our new equipment either sooner or later it will be worth the wait for sure.

Here is a excerpt from my last order from the Russian Federation... Its not just happening with China.

Have a good day.. Silicon Dust RULES!!!!
https://www.freightos.com/shipping-rout ... ed-states/
Jerry
>>>>>>>>>>>
Hi Jerry. Sorry for my late reply. I'm on vacation and just seen your messages.
I'm sorry to see your order is so late on delivery. I have spoken to other sellers, all of them have late deliveries on international orders these days due to COVID-19 affects international flights. I would kindly ask you to wait a little. 4 out of 5 my orders to US will come late, and all other sellers have same problem.
NedS wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:56 pm
mchallis wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:35 pm I paid $199 for the Kickstarter Apr 24th. I need to update my shipping address because I moved July 31. I sent Nick a message on Kickstarter several days ago and got no reply. How can I update my shipping address?

Thanks
We will send out what Kickstarter calls a "survey" that will ask for your preferred shipping address once the units have shipped from Taiwan, and that will be the address we will use.

plnota

Post by plnota »

Any updates SiliconDust? Been a month and a half since the last update, I'm sure something must have changed. The last update mentioned sample units arriving in early July. Did they? Were additional issues discovered? Or did you all give a sign off? Are they in production? Stuck in shipping? Anything is better than radio silence.

Thanks

weissb3550

Post by weissb3550 »

plnota wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:02 pm Any updates SiliconDust? Been a month and a half since the last update, I'm sure something must have changed. The last update mentioned sample units arriving in early July. Did they? Were additional issues discovered? Or did you all give a sign off? Are they in production? Stuck in shipping? Anything is better than radio silence.

Thanks
I agree that we need a full honest update as to the status of our investment.

Beerman

Post by Beerman »

I haven't checked Kickstarter for awhile but just did and the last update was July 2. Yes, I would like an update please.

likeaw

Post by likeaw »

Google getting rid of their Play Music app and delay in the HDHR Quatro 4K for ATSC 3.0. My world is coming to an end. Update please, I can live with Sept, just please let me know.

Thanks.

gchrprime

Post by gchrprime »

Silence = problem = delay

They're not broadcasting in ATSC 3.0 in my area yet anyway, but it would be nice to get an update.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Not necessarily. As I stated before, I would not expect an update until either they are ready to ship (the survey gets sent for mailing address) or September gets here as until then everything is "on track".

There isn't really anything to update on until then as it had already been posted that the test boards were happy over in the KS comments by NateB.

NTC
Device ID: 10751B42

Post by NTC »

Thanks for the email with timeline.

Mike_TV

Post by Mike_TV »

It's happening!

elabra
Device ID: 101AD44A, 10430908, 104656E0, 104DE046, 131D89CA, 131F796F, 1045F491, 13254474

Post by elabra »

Mike_TV wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:47 pm It's happening!
Now - the container is begin loaded at the factory.
Aug 25 - the container gets picked up from the factory.
Aug 26 - container arrives at the harbor for clearance and loading.
Sept 2 - the ship leaves port, heading for Los Angeles.
Estimated 15 days on the water to Los Angeles.
We are doing a dedicated container (FCL) as this is faster than LCL and other options. Everything is being shipped at once.
The coins arrived and look good. The new production test equipment is working well.
We are finally full steam ahead!
Nick - Silicondust

**** so mid Sept delivery to LA.... maybe - reship and in customer hands by the end of Sept? :D

plnota

Post by plnota »

Thank you for the much-needed update, SD. Guesstimating we'll start receiving our units at the end of September.

gchrprime

Post by gchrprime »

Thanks for the update!

though

Post by though »

I am in the Omaha, Nebraska area. I reached out to my local stations to find out about their ATSC 3.0 plans. I received this response, kind of a bummer!
==============
Good Morning,

Excellent question, KETV is interested in broadcasting ATSC 3.0, but there are a few issues I will outline for you which is making it difficult for KETV.

First the FCC did not mandate the TV stations to broadcast this new format, it was left as an option. That said this makes it a complex issue for a few reasons. Since this was not mandated by the FCC there will be no coupon for the viewer to go get a free decoder like they did with ATSC 1.0. Second, if the TV station elects to switch to ASTC 3.0, they can no longer broadcast ATSC 1.0 as the FCC only gives the TV station one channel to broadcast on. So you either go dark on ATSC 1.0, or you need to partner with another TV station in the market to broadcast your ATSC 1.0 signal on one of their sub channels, that likely would be in SD so a downgrade to all current ATSC 1 viewers. Third issue is the TV manufactures did not elect to include the ATSC 3.0 tuner, so your current TV would need an ATSC 3.0 set top box to receive it, sounds like you have one on the way. That said it appears they will start to include them in new TV’s per this article:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-thea ... -built-in/

Thank-you for your question, I hope this helps you understand this.

Beerman

Post by Beerman »

Wow, I never even thought that far ahead and I guess my area will be nearly last updating. And here I was thinking I was ahead of the curve.
Thanks for opening my eyes.