Can you make the record button work regardless of what's in time slot please?

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
averyfreeman
Device ID: 1326E235 1313788A

Can you make the record button work regardless of what's in time slot please?

Post by averyfreeman » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:59 pm

Hi

I'm a happy user of HDHomeRun DVR since 2017

However, the only thing I miss from by WMC box is the ability to hit a record button and know it is recording

I've been asking for a simple record button for 3 years now.

The new UI has the button now, so that's an improvement

But it won't record if it thinks the same show has already recorded (according to the time slot)

Can't you make the record button record no matter what?

Reason: Quite often the lineup will be wrong - special programming will broadcast in a time slot where a rerun episode usually airs. If that show is already recorded, the record button does nothing.

It's the whole reason I kept asking for a record button in the first place.

Since it's campaign season, this is going to make me miss all sorts of recordings if it's not fixed soon.

Thanks.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Can you make the record button work regardless of what's in time slot please?

Post by nickk » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:36 pm

Hi,

Pressing the record button creates a one-time-recording task which should always record, even if the DVR thinks that episode has previously recorded.

If you are seeing something different please let me know.

Nick

averyfreeman
Device ID: 1326E235 1313788A

Re: Can you make the record button work regardless of what's in time slot please?

Post by averyfreeman » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:24 pm

nickk wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:36 pm
Hi,

Pressing the record button creates a one-time-recording task which should always record, even if the DVR thinks that episode has previously recorded.

If you are seeing something different please let me know.

Nick
Hi, yes, last Tuesday night there was coverage on Thurston Co, WA Comcast MSNBC 661 of the voting in Dixville Notch, NH at 9pm PST (12am EST), which was in a re-run slot of a Rachel Maddow show I had recorded prior

Since the show was recorded, when I hit the button to record the special coverage, it didn't create a new recording - in the Rachel Maddow listing or otherwise.

I assumed because I've seen this behavior before, that it was the expected behavior.

I will try again tonight with my logs on to test this behavior.

Thank you