Ability to Permanently Sort by Season/Episode

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
kms

Ability to Permanently Sort by Season/Episode

Post by kms » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:07 pm

SD,

When I go into recorded series list, the episodes are by default sorted by date recorded; when I sort them by Season/Episode and play an episode, for even a couple seconds, and then back out to the episode list everything is sorted by date "Recorded" again so I have to scroll through 50 episodes to sort by Season/Episode again to find the next episode in the series. For example, I have multiple networks that air The Big Bang Theory and they are each in different parts of the series so episodes are being recorded very much out of order and it's annoying trying to scan the list for the next episode in the series.

My question is: Would it be possible to make the "sort by Season/Episode" stick so every time I go into a series I can easily watch them in order they were produced instead of the order that they were recorded? My current vision is to put a check box in front of "Episode" so if someone wants to sort it temporarily by episode they can click on "Episode"; if they want it sorted permanently by episode they would select the check box in front of "Episode" to make it permanent. I'd be happy if the system just remembered that I sorted by episode and it was that way each time I went into that series. I wouldn't want a system setting that sorted all series by Season/Episode in case it threw off other series that made sense to watch in date recorded order, but I don't know for sure that having a system wide setting would be an issue without testing.

Thanks,
Kraig

msuckow

Re: Ability to Permanently Sort by Season/Episode

Post by msuckow » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:49 pm

Agreed. The current behavior is unfortunate.
An additional issue is that, if you sort the list by Season/Episode and watch an episode, you run the risk of deleting the most recent recording instead of the one you just watched due to the automatic resorting.

rrussis82

Re: Ability to Permanently Sort by Season/Episode

Post by rrussis82 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:37 pm

I agree, I ran into this recently where I wanted to binge watch a show and had to re-sort each time, was kind of annoying