FF/Play/Rew Volume window covering up new Time/Show Name when pressing pause/play

Discussion of the new user interface for the HDHomeRun app.
Bobstr
Device ID: 131CCFEA, 1314A87C

FF/Play/Rew Volume window covering up new Time/Show Name when pressing pause/play

Post by Bobstr » Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:02 pm

I finally figured out what is causing a problem I've seen since the new 'modern' bits went into place. The offending window is the old window that shows the Volume levels, the buttons for FF/Play (or Pause)/Rew and the HD logo. On a single screen system, it appears near the top left of the screen, directly over the Time and show title display. On a multi screen system, it shows up near the top left corner of the primary monitor, regardless of which monitor the app is running in.

It's the use of MCE Pause / Play commands that are apparently invoking the old bits of code that present this window as well as performing all the normal current steps when the spacebar is pressed. My Harmony remote was programmed for that (Harmony device name: Media Center PC SE, function: Pause (assigned to pause key) or Play (assigned to play key).

When I realized this, I changed the mapping to the spacebar and the old window doesn't appear anymore.

However, I use MCE remotes with most of my systems, so I'll either have to use the remapping app, or ask you guys to put a fix in that has the MCE pause/play functions to avoid those routines from the old code.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: FF/Play/Rew Volume window covering up new Time/Show Name when pressing pause/play

Post by jasonl » Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:51 pm

I'm having trouble figuring out what you're describing. Can you get a picture of it?

leerandall
Device ID: 131102D9, 1326E147

Re: FF/Play/Rew Volume window covering up new Time/Show Name when pressing pause/play

Post by leerandall » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:10 pm

I think this is what he is talking about.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmC2D9qWVVZHiFaQgZlcvBGTw-Ti

In order to get this to pop up on my laptop, I had to change the volume using the keyboard media volume keys.

Bobstr
Device ID: 131CCFEA, 1314A87C

Post by Bobstr » Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:38 pm

leerandall wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:10 pm
I think this is what he is talking about.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmC2D9qWVVZHiFaQgZlcvBGTw-Ti

In order to get this to pop up on my laptop, I had to change the volume using the keyboard media volume keys.
That is exactly it. Thanks for posting that.

Jason - I haven't figured out how to successfully insert an image or url or I would have included that as well. My not so good description was an attempt to describe it in words...

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Post by nateb » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:06 am

Ah! I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm not sure if that's something we control or if it's a Windows thing though. Will ping around.